CUE Update! - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, CUE Update! in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Please report back when you do get the updates....especially CUE. Right now my CUE is just fine; I'm just worried ...
    rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Re: CUE Update!

Please report back when you do get the updates....especially CUE. Right now my CUE is just fine; I'm just worried updates may cause problems (like they sometimes do with computers). Also wondering if these are simply bug and performance updates versus additional software (like sms).

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by ATurboS View Post
    ..... its a 12 hour update .....
    Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    Please report back when you do get the updates....especially CUE. Right now my CUE is just fine; I'm just worried updates may cause problems (like they sometimes do with computers). Also wondering if these are simply bug and performance updates versus additional software (like sms).
    If that 12 hour figure is right, it HAS to include some new hardware.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

@ATurboS, if you encounter questions about the updates please, don’t hesitate to contact the Infotainment department. Their toll free telephone number will be on the letter which will be starting to go out on Monday, March 4th, 2013.

Michelle, Cadillac Customer Service assisting Katie

AZCADATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6

I just got my ATS back from the dealer with the CUE update. I have to say, I am quite impressed with what they did, and the results.

First of all, they didn't just update the CUE software. They actually installed a brand new CUE unit (screen, electronics, control panel, etc.). I didn't expect that and not sure if they are doing this for everyone (I purchased my car at the end of October), but I was nice to see a new screen without any smudge marks like it was when I first purchased the car

Here is what I have been able to experience so far with the update:
    1) Volume Control MUCH more responsive. Just flick it and it changes volume immediately. No more delay or problems with how hard you had to press to respond.
    2) Climate controls also much more responsive. Sometimes I would have to hit the climate touch surface a few times before it would change temps, now each time it responds quickly.
    3) Although I am in AZ, occassionaly I had the need to use heat during the winter and experienced the same knocking that most others here have experienced. I turned the heat all the way up and so far have not heard the knocking any longer.
    4) New voice. Although upon turning the car on and my 160GB classic ipod is indexing, going to dial out it does say 'initializing device' but then goes immediately to 'please say a command'. No longer gives you an entire boring explanation.
    5) Playlist seems to now load much faster. Have not had enough time to fully test this out, but the yellow circle barely showed up before the playlists were able to be selected.
    6) New index column on the left side of your playlist/songs/genres/artists so a little easier to scroll down a long list. It will also only show an index of letters that pertain to the first letter of your list so even easier to navigate (i.e. if you do not have a playlist or song starting with Q, it will not show Q in the index).
    7) New icons for weather and Navigation
    8) Overall definitely faster responsiveness

Since they replaced the entire unit, I did have to repair my bluetooth, but no problem. All other previous settings were saved.

I have not had it long enough to see if any of the other problems in the past have been resolved such as song skipping, playlists that turn into an album when you turn the car back on, etc. so as I spend more time I'll report back. But so far, I am extremely pleased with the new update and it now acts and responds the way I think CUE should.

rage2021 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS AWD 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by AZCADATS View Post
    I just got my ATS back from the dealer with the CUE update. I have to say, I am quite impressed with what they did, and the results.

First of all, they didn't just update the CUE software. They actually installed a brand new CUE unit (screen, electronics, control panel, etc.). I didn't expect that and not sure if they are doing this for everyone (I purchased my car at the end of October), but I was nice to see a new screen without any smudge marks like it was when I first purchased the car

Here is what I have been able to experience so far with the update:
    1) Volume Control MUCH more responsive. Just flick it and it changes volume immediately. No more delay or problems with how hard you had to press to respond.
    2) Climate controls also much more responsive. Sometimes I would have to hit the climate touch surface a few times before it would change temps, now each time it responds quickly.
    3) Although I am in AZ, occassionaly I had the need to use heat during the winter and experienced the same knocking that most others here have experienced. I turned the heat all the way up and so far have not heard the knocking any longer.
    4) New voice. Although upon turning the car on and my 160GB classic ipod is indexing, going to dial out it does say 'initializing device' but then goes immediately to 'please say a command'. No longer gives you an entire boring explanation.
    5) Playlist seems to now load much faster. Have not had enough time to fully test this out, but the yellow circle barely showed up before the playlists were able to be selected.
    6) New index column on the left side of your playlist/songs/genres/artists so a little easier to scroll down a long list. It will also only show an index of letters that pertain to the first letter of your list so even easier to navigate (i.e. if you do not have a playlist or song starting with Q, it will not show Q in the index).
    7) New icons for weather and Navigation
    8) Overall definitely faster responsiveness

Since they replaced the entire unit, I did have to repair my bluetooth, but no problem. All other previous settings were saved. The one strange thing that did happen is besides having an iPod classic plugged into one of the USB ports, I also have an old iPhone 3GS that I used specifically for spotify, and it always worked with the previous unit. With this new unit, spotify would not play at all. When I plugged in an iPhone 4 and iPhone 5 it had no problem. So I suppose the new unit no longer supports the old iPhone but that's fine for me - I'll just use a newer device but just wanted to pass that on.

I have not had it long enough to see if any of the other problems in the past have been resolved such as song skipping, playlists that turn into an album when you turn the car back on, etc. so as I spend more time I'll report back. But so far, I am extremely pleased with the new update and it now acts and responds the way I think CUE should.
    Wow great update, its nice to see Cadillac taking the criticism positively and acting upon it. Definitely good to hear. Cant believe they literally replaced the hardware..does the new CUE hardware look exactly the same as the previous one?

Yes, the hardware looks the same.

BTW, Siri is integrated now as well.

In spending a little more time with the update just before (and after updating my ipod) I noticed the yellow circle is showing, but the playlist info was immediately available. It will take a day or two of playing to see exactly how much improved this is for the indexing issue, but it definitely appears better. Also, there is now audio added to the animated Cadillac graphics that show when you startup the car. I guess to some it could be annoying, but in either case it's different.

Here are the service bulletins that were performed in case anyone is interested:
    - Bulletin N120262 12262 Seat Memory Control Module Reprogram (some people had problems with key fobs and memory positions). This was issued 1/15/13
    - Bulletin N120265 12265 Auto Radio Volume Increases &/or Integrated CTR Stack Buttons Not Operating (this is what replaced the whole unit). This bulletin was issued 2/25/13
    - Bulletin N120293 12293 Cue System Update. Bulletin issued 2/21/13

For those who may be curious, I did not receive any other type of compensation as has been discussed on these threads previously. Regular free rental for warranty work.

rage2021 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS AWD 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by AZCADATS View Post

In spending a little more time with the update just before (and after updating my ipod) I noticed the yellow circle is showing, but the playlist info was immediately available. It will take a day or two of playing to see exactly how much improved this is for the indexing issue, but it definitely appears better. Also, there is now audio added to the animated Cadillac graphics that show when you startup the car. I guess to some it could be annoying, but in either case it's different.

Here are the service bulletins that were performed in case anyone is interested:
    - Bulletin N120262 12262 Seat Memory Control Module Reprogram (some people had problems with key fobs and memory positions). This was issued 1/15/13
    - Bulletin N120265 12265 Auto Radio Volume Increases &/or Integrated CTR Stack Buttons Not Operating (this is what replaced the whole unit). This bulletin was issued 2/25/13

For those who may be curious, I did not receive any other type of compensation as has been discussed on these threads previously. Regular free rental for warranty work.
    Any new apps by chance? Sms?

ATurboS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AZCADATS

Do you happen to have an iPhone 5? If so does Pandora now sync thru Bluetooth?

No new apps (still just one page), and I just tested SMS and it does not appear to be an available feature.

----------

I'll test the iPhone 5 later when my wife gets back, but I tested my 4S and Pandora still does not sync through bluetooth. Of course you can stream Pandora from the phone as a bluetooth stream and that works, but you can't select Pandora in Cue to control it and have it recognize it on a 4S at least - says no internet connection even though there is.

ATurboS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AZCADATS
    No new apps (still just one page), and I just tested SMS and it does not appear to be an available feature.

----------

I'll test the iPhone 5 later when my wife gets back, but I tested my 4S and Pandora still does not sync through bluetooth. Of course you can stream Pandora from the phone as a bluetooth stream and that works, but you can't select Pandora in Cue to control it and have it recognize it on a 4S at least - says no internet connection even though there is.
    Last question, how long was it?

Thanks! Can't wait to get my update tomorrow!

I had brought the car in yesterday for the CUE update (I called them to make the appointment, I had not yet received a notice). Originally they said about 2 hours. They then called me to say that they had another service bulletin that was the freplacement of the control panel and they had to have it overnighted so the car would be ready today instead. When I spoke with them today, he said they received the unit this morning and it would take about 3 to 4 hours. I would say it was probably about 4 to 5, but mine was the first one they have done so they said they wanted to make sure it was done right and test it. So I would suggest that if you are receiving the service bulletin that replaces the control panel, just ask if they have it in stock before you bring your car in, and then at that point it should be around 4 hours it seems.

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Great news. I like how responsive they are being.

ewired is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 Cadillac ATS 2.0T
    In regards to SMS, did you go through the menu system to make sure that you do not have to turn that feature on? Maybe in the phone menu?

It would absolutely suck if there was no update to the SMS feature or at least some type of notification that a text or email was received.

I hate the fact that the system silents the text/email from the phone and doesn't broadcast the incoming text/email sound thru the radio. I know it does if your playing music from the phone but it doesn't do it while in xm or radio.

I checked SMS with iPhone 5, and there is no SMS messaging to CUE. I went through the setup menu in CUE, had notifications turned on for SMS on the phone, phone was paired, etc. but testing showed no SMS coming up.

nguyennhatquang is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DeVille DHS, 2004 Mercedes C200K, V Coupe, BMW 750li

the cue update take totally about 3 hours to do it...for person who do it by themselves
    u needs MDI to program it too after the update is done...they call human xxxxxx modules i don't remember well..and 13.5v battery maintain
    after program the icon Climate from HUman change to Snowflag

the system is way faster...and no need to wait for intelize application when u hit on Map before..

i notice there're some bug in that system..some times when u pair iPhone (i use iPhone i haven't tried with Android yet) Siri Doesn't work..
    the voice icon not show up...there're no way to do anything with it until u disconnect the battery then plug it back again..
    look like SIRI is WAKE UP after heart Attack ... i have that quiet few times..which i don't know why...

overall..system work fine...but i think they should let us install Google Map in...like BMW connected driver..which u can install Apps in.
    bungee91 and bungee91 like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.