Colors Available
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Colors Available in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I have been shopping for a 3.6L Premium RWD car and have received different inputs regarding available colors. I have ...
    HudsonHornet is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Colors Available

I have been shopping for a 3.6L Premium RWD car and have received different inputs regarding available colors. I have been told that Opulent Blue Metallic is not available on the Premium edition. I have also been told by a dealer that Thunder Gray is no longer available in the 2013 model year, but will be available again in the 2014 model year. Does anyone have information regarding these colers? The Cadillac website shows both of these colors as being available and makes no mention of the Opulent Blue Metallic not being available with the Premium trim level.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

investor74 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '97 Forest Green Catera

Re: Colors Available

My dealer in Virginia has 2.0 Premiums on the lot in both Opulent Blue and Thunder Gray. He also has a 3.6 Opulent Blue Premium on the lot.

Your dealer must be referring to new orders. Unless you have reason to doubt the dealer, he is probably right, although not sure if I totally buy the Op Blue not available on only Premium.

Check online dealer inventories in your area, let your fingers do the walking, so to speak.

danscrim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L

Its an ATS got a premium Opulent Blue. He posted pictures of it here.

No idea about the Thunder Gray but it just doesn't seem right. What happened, did they run out of paint?

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by danscrim View Post
    INo idea about the Thunder Gray but it just doesn't seem right. What happened, did they run out of paint?
    Not likely but it does happen. LOTS of car makers had to drop colors when the only source for some of the components were wiped out in Japanese storms a year or two back.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by HudsonHornet View Post
    I have been shopping for a 3.6L Premium RWD car and have received different inputs regarding available colors. I have been told that Opulent Blue Metallic is not available on the Premium edition. I have also been told by a dealer that Thunder Gray is no longer available in the 2013 model year, but will be available again in the 2014 model year. Does anyone have information regarding these colers? The Cadillac website shows both of these colors as being available and makes no mention of the Opulent Blue Metallic not being available with the Premium trim level.
    The websites are notorious for lagging behind when changes (especially unplanned ones) happen.

Don't rule out the dealer(s) lying to make a sale. I had a dealer tell me Cadillac didn't make 2.0 Performance Collections without sunroof. It turns out he had one exactly like I wanted but with a sunroof and wanted to sell that instead of ordering a car. Did you give those dealers detailed descriptions of what you wanted, including what your 2nd or 3rd favorite colors were? If so, that could explain why they may have told you a color is no longer available.

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

I call bs......according to my dealership, they no of no such restriction...

ATSnot328i is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Luxury 2.0T, Black Raven, Red Morello

I found a website called GM Global Connect that allows us to see distribution updates (what is available or not available). It is quite lengthy and I have not read it for your issue, but it may help. I have attached the link here

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/dom...ehicleID=12622

Pie R Squared is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS RWD 3.6 Premium Red Obsession/Platinum

Looks like no more Thunder Gray ChromaFlair for the rest of the balance of the model year.

Effective 2/4/2013, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:

Color and Trim section (2.5L and 2.0L)-(GLH) Thunder Gray ChromaFlair, added new footnote 10 which reads "Not available for balance of model year. Available at extra charge.". Old footnote 10 becomes footnote 11 and applies to (GWV) Summer Gold Metallic.
    Color and Trim section (3.6L)-(GLH) Thunder Gray ChromaFlair, added new footnote 7 which reads "Not available for balance of model year. Available at extra charge.". Old footnote 7 becomes footnote 8 and applies to (GWV) Summer Gold Metallic

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

HudsonHornet,

I also can confirm the bad news about Thunder Gray - it will not be available for the remainder of the 2013 model year except at an extra charge - our apologies!

Regarding Opulent Blue, I'm not seeing that this is not available on the Premium 3.6L RWD model. The only limitations I'm seeing are in combination with different interiors (cannot be combined with either Morello Red with Jet Black accents or Caramel with Jet Black accents).

If we can check into this further on your behalf, please let us know.

Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service

Pie R Squared is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS RWD 3.6 Premium Red Obsession/Platinum

The good news is Summer Gold Metallic is gone.
    danscrim and danscrim like this.

ddawson is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    HudsonHornet,

I also can confirm the bad news about Thunder Gray - it will not be available for the remainder of the 2013 model year except at an extra charge - our apologies!

Regarding Opulent Blue, I'm not seeing that this is not available on the Premium 3.6L RWD model. The only limitations I'm seeing are in combination with different interiors (cannot be combined with either Morello Red with Jet Black accents or Caramel with Jet Black accents).

If we can check into this further on your behalf, please let us know.

Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service
    Thunder Gray has always been at extra cost.

jph
    jph is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 RWD premium

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    my dealership received nothing but "NO" when they tried to order my ATS with thunder gray exterior.
    i ended up placing an order for a silver one.

J.

ATurboS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    If that's the case, I'm glad I got my Thunder Grey!

ddawson is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

I researched the words "gray and grey". Gray is a name and Grey is a color. That being the case the color should be spelled, "Thunder Grey".

huna is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 AWD Premium Thunder Gray, Caramel, with peanuts

Quote Originally Posted by ddawson View Post
    I researched the words "gray and grey". Gray is a name and Grey is a color. That being the case the color should be spelled, "Thunder Grey".
    I just did 30 seconds of research and found that "gray" has been used as a color since at least the 1100's. FYI, at that time a thunder gray saddle was a 12-silver piece upgrade.

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by huna View Post
    I just did 30 seconds of research and found that "gray" has been used as a color since at least the 1100's. ......
    That spelling has only been used since the 1100s because the internet wasn't around then for people to tell them to stop.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.