Cue for $1350 -or- 2.0T engine for $1805?
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

View Poll Results: Cue for $1350 -or- 2.0T engine for $1805?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cue for $1350

6 20.00%
  • 2.0T engine for $1805

24 80.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Cue for $1350 -or- 2.0T engine for $1805? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Leasing an ATS on Tuesday. My focus was lowest monthly payment, period. After test driving I think the lack of ...
    darkom is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Cue for $1350 -or- 2.0T engine for $1805?

Leasing an ATS on Tuesday. My focus was lowest monthly payment, period. After test driving I think the lack of Cue makes standard interior look boring and cheapens what is an all around great looking car. But if I consider any option, I told myself the upgrade to the 2.0T engine warrants some consideration. I'm not going to do both, because I'm attempting to be as fiscally conservative as possible. What would you do and why?

note: 2.5L doesn't bother me per se, but I can see how it could be boring in a few months. visually, the lack of Cue also doesn't bother me that much, but in 2013 (luxury) cars look a little odd without a touch screen and my passengers will not be very impressed with its absence

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jph
    jph is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 RWD premium

Re: Cue for $1350 -or- 2.0T engine for $1805?

Quote Originally Posted by darkom View Post
    and my passengers will not be very impressed with its absence[/I]
    are you getting a car for yourself to enjoy, or to impress others?

me, i couldn't care less about what others think about my car.

J.
    mrrairai76 and mrrairai76 like this.

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

You can buy a nice aftermarket indash stereo/nav unit for less than the price of Cue. Get the turbo or you will have a slow car.

Quote Originally Posted by jph View Post
    are you getting a car for yourself to enjoy, or to impress others?

me, i couldn't care less about what others think about my car.

J.
    It's not about impressing people, I just think it looks a little cheap is all. I'm just having trouble deciding on performance vs. visually enhancement of Cue.

marktanner is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel

Apparently, the non CUE system is pretty bare-bones, and doesn't do much with Bluetooth or have much other advanced functionality. Plus, it has less powerful amps and speakers. Try it first before you decide. A few other points to mention: 1) the 2.0 comes with the superior Brembo brakes, 2) the 2.0 comes with better looking wheels, 3) the 2.0 comes with dual exhausts, which are also better looking.

If you can drive a stick, a turbo stick with CUE lists for 35,965, which is only $625 more than a 2.5 with CUE, and a mere $170 more than a turbo automatic without CUE. Plus, the stick comes with a limited slip differential and electronic parking brake (vs a pedal). It's also faster, and likely to return better mileage in real life, despite EPA ratings. A stick without the CUE is only $625 more than a base 2.5 w/o CUE. The stick is a very good deal, IMO.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    The non-CUE dash looks pretty goofy, IMO. Forget others, I'd have a tough time living with it. And I don't think you can easily integrate an aftermarket unit in that dash.

I'd not worry about either/or on the options. I'd try a little harder to get both for the same price...

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Macvicar24 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 White Diamond Escalade, 2013 ATS Thunder Grey
    The 2.0T also comes with front Brembo brakes and is a much livelier car. The CUE is pretty nice and makes the dash look far more luxurious compared to standard radio.

Do Both, then you won't regret it.

drsketch is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

Neither are a foregoable option. The cue system comes with an iPad 4, which you can easily sell for $400 to recoup that money.

Quote Originally Posted by drsketch View Post
    Neither are a foregoable option. The cue system comes with an iPad 4, which you can easily sell for $400 to recoup that money.
    That's right, good point!

Good point on selling the iPad (especially since I already have one) for $400. I assume that means they are giving out retina display iPads?

----------

Quote Originally Posted by marktanner View Post
    Apparently, the non CUE system is pretty bare-bones, and doesn't do much with Bluetooth or have much other advanced functionality. Plus, it has less powerful amps and speakers. Try it first before you decide. A few other points to mention: 1) the 2.0 comes with the superior Brembo brakes, 2) the 2.0 comes with better looking wheels, 3) the 2.0 comes with dual exhausts, which are also better looking.

If you can drive a stick, a turbo stick with CUE lists for 35,965, which is only $625 more than a 2.5 with CUE, and a mere $170 more than a turbo automatic without CUE. Plus, the stick comes with a limited slip differential and electronic parking brake (vs a pedal). It's also faster, and likely to return better mileage in real life, despite EPA ratings. A stick without the CUE is only $625 more than a base 2.5 w/o CUE. The stick is a very good deal, IMO.
    Another good point about Cue system having better audio components -- I didn't know that. From what I gather, the base audio can still make and receive bluetooth calls, etc. I don't think it has the command features though, which I never use really anyways.

I also didn't know about the "better" wheels. But both wheels are 17-inch "painted aluminum". Are there any discernible features? They look VERY similar to my eye.

I can drive a stick, but that kind of cheapens the look and feel of the car, IMO. And sipping a latte in traffic is tough with a stick! It's worth a test drive, though. I'm also not sure if the stick's residual is weaker than the auto(?).

marktanner is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel

The wheels on the base 2.5 have thinner spokes and are also less "dimensional", and look really cheap, IMO. The 2.0 wheels are the same ones that come on the Luxury and Performance, except they are polished on the Luxury. The residual on the loan shouldn't be any different, as it will be based on the MSRP. I find that the stick really wakes up the performance of the engine, and has so much low end torque that it won't require constant shifting. If you configure the car online with the stick, it actually appears in the picture of the interior; doesn't look cheap to me. Of course, I'm prejudiced, as my 2.0 stick Premium is on the way. This will be my third stick shift Cadillac, the first being my '08 CTS, then my current CTS-V, and soon my ATS.

Actually, the stick seems to have given my cars a lot of street cred. When I tell people I drive a Cadillac, they still envision a luxo-barge, even though Cadillac doesn't make them anymore. When I tell them it's a stick, they all of a sudden get very interested. No one has ever said it looked cheap. It really makes it more sporty, IMHO.

As regards CUE, it also adds a CD/disc player and rear view camera, which are otherwise missing from the base car, as well as the surround sound system. One does not get, nor cannot get navigation even with CUE on the base car, but all ATS models have turn-by-turn directions with OnStar, which is a form of navigation. And don't forget the iPad; the latest version is available if you ask for it.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Only you know what's best for you. If I HAD to choose, it would be an easy choice: the 2.0 turbo. But I also prefer a manual trans which knocks almost as much off the price as CUE adds to it. And as mentioned, with CUE you can sell the iPad, so put that amount extra down if you really want to cut every dollar off the monthly bill.

Quote Originally Posted by darkom View Post
    I can drive a stick, but that kind of cheapens the look and feel of the car, IMO. And sipping a latte in traffic is tough with a stick! It's worth a test drive, though. I'm also not sure if the stick's residual is weaker than the auto(?).
    Forget it, just get an auto. Seems like you're "that kinda guy"...

I don't think my 630hp CTS-V looks cheap with a stick. And latte-sippin' with a manual is quite easy for me...if I ever needed to sip a latte...

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Forget it, just get an auto. Seems like you're "that kinda guy"...

I don't think my 630hp CTS-V looks cheap with a stick. And latte-sippin' with a manual is quite easy for me...if I ever needed to sip a latte...
    ...it was a joke...

That said, don't think I want a manual in this type of car.

drsketch is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

I would have gotten a manual but I read bad reviews on the clutch and shifter and I believe my dealer also said awd is not an option with a stick.

And at the end of the day dealers pay less for sticks when you're ready to sell it

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.