Cue for $1350 -or- 2.0T engine for $1805? - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

View Poll Results: Cue for $1350 -or- 2.0T engine for $1805?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cue for $1350

6 20.00%
  • 2.0T engine for $1805

24 80.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Cue for $1350 -or- 2.0T engine for $1805? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Dealers may. But not enthusiasts. Besides, it sounds like they mostly fixed the shifter......
    thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Dealers may. But not enthusiasts.

Besides, it sounds like they mostly fixed the shifter...

gfxbt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T MT

Re: Cue for $1350 -or- 2.0T engine for $1805?

I would highly recommend getting the 2.0T with CUE and a manual. As someone mentioned earlier, you get around 1300 or so back for the stick, so the cost dilemma is solved. As for the car looking cheap with a stick, I disagree. Would an M3 look cheap with a stick? Definitely not. Granted the M3 would be more akin to an ATS-V, I don't think that is all that important (a 328 or 335 with a stick doesn't say cheap, it says connoisseur). Also, the car is a blast to drive with a stick. As for lease rates, I don't know if the residuals are different re: auto v. stick. I can tell you that I leased a 2.0T standard with CUE, heated seats, MT, and highway safety kit (why they bother with the highway safety kit is beyond me but the car i wanted had it and it wasn't a deal breaker for $85) - I also went the cheap route and wanted payments to be as low as possible. For 36 months, 15,000 miles/year, I'm paying just under $300 per month.

Also, if you assume that the residual is roughly 40% (i.e., the car will be worth 60% of what it was worth new - I might be stating the residual backwards), then you are only going to pay for 40% of the option. Say the option you are considering is $1,500 and you have a 36 month lease. You will pay $600 for the $1,500 option over 36 months, or roughly $17 per month. If you are posting this question and reading all of the responses, it is probably a fairly big deal to you. If it is a fairly big deal, it's probably worth $17 per month.

Furthermore, if you aren't interested in the stick, you may not be that interested in the upgraded driving of the 2.0T (faster, better brakes, etc.). Before you jump on me, that is NOT meant to be rude, just a thought - some people just don't want to drive a stick. If that is the case, it sounds like you would be plenty happy with the 2.5. The only visually disappointing part of the car is the single exhaust (just looks goofy since it is so far in and there is only on, in my opinion).

At the end of the day, get what you want and decide what is important to you. Everyone that gets in my car is impressed (yes, the CUE interior really looks nice). Typically though, the first comment is something along the lines of "of course you got a stick" (in a non-derogatory, but rather quite impressed/envious way).

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    This ghai gets it...

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho
    This ghai gets it...
    Yup, but u can still not want a stick and still want a faster car. I'm on my second 335 and quite driving sticks when u got my first in 2007. These new autos are amazing.

I'm always in manual mode and choose my own shift points, always. To me, I get all the advantages of a stick without the headaches (using two feet, poor shifts when I'm tired, etc).

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by Fraggy View Post
    Yup, but u can still not want a stick and still want a faster car. I'm on my second 335 and quite driving sticks when u got my first in 2007. These new autos are amazing.
    I can tolerate a dual clutch automatic which can function as a manual but with a computer controlled clutch. But I don't like a TC type automatic at all even if I can manually select gears.

darkom is offline Cadillac Owners Member

You guys all make very valid points. I'm just not sure I could live with a manual for 3 years, they are fun but they can be a pain in the arse. And I don't think it fits the ATS, different story if we're talking ATS-v.

Fair point about a $25ish month swing either option. That $25, $50 a month obviously isn't going to break me, but I was just fixated on targeting a really cheap payment. Getting into a car with these options for low $200s was pretty alluring.
    rustybear3 likes this.

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

Quote Originally Posted by drsketch View Post
    Neither are a foregoable option. The cue system comes with an iPad 4, which you can easily sell for $400 to recoup that money.
    sorry for asking this question here, but should we return back the iPad with th car when we return back the leased ATS or not? They gave me an iPad 4, and I have no use for it! I already have my own iPad, so the new one is sitting there! Can I just sell it?

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

so my analysis of this situation is as follows:

A) you obviously have three hot-buttons
    1) lowest payment
    2) CUE
    3) turbo

B) only two are achievable

C) and you sought advice from your future brothers and sisters on which choice will be the least painful

so it seems to me the least painful option is to get turbo and que, here's my reasoning, I'm looking at it from the disappointment/pain perspective I think the daily pain of I shoulda woulda coulda had cue/turbo seems much, much worse than the monthly pain of spending an extra $20. and if you want to rationalize it take the money out of your monthly entertainment budget, as in one less movie a month or two less cocktails a month reducing your monthly fun by a couple of hours, vs the gain of about 30 hours a month of in car driving and audio entertainment

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

Quote Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee View Post
    so my analysis of this situation is as follows:

A) you obviously have three hot-buttons
    1) lowest payment
    2) CUE
    3) turbo

B) only two are achievable

C) and you sought advice from your future brothers and sisters on which choice will be the least painful

so it seems to me the least painful option is to get turbo and que, here's my reasoning, I'm looking at it from the disappointment/pain perspective I think the daily pain of I shoulda woulda coulda had cue/turbo seems much, much worse than the monthly pain of spending an extra $20. and if you want to rationalize it take the money out of your monthly entertainment budget, as in one less movie a month or two less cocktails a month reducing your monthly fun by a couple of hours, vs the gain of about 30 hours a month of in car driving and audio entertainment
    This thread is very old and I think the OP has already made his decision and purchased the car! I posted in this thread and brought it up because I had a question about iPad which was discussed in this thread!

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by ben.gators View Post
    sorry for asking this question here, but should we return back the iPad with th car when we return back the leased ATS or not? They gave me an iPad 4, and I have no use for it! I already have my own iPad, so the new one is sitting there! Can I just sell it?
    Don't worry, you didn't lease the iPad. Cadillac sent the iPad to the dealer separately before anyone knew if the car would be sold, leased, given away, etc.. I guess it couldn't hurt to look at your contract though. FWIW, all 5 dealers I talked to before buying said they had multiple iPads they "forgot" to give to the buyers of the cars.

I sold mine on CG for $450 to the very first person. I guess I should have asked for more. When you sell it, make the Cadillac logo a selling point. It's not likely to be a turnoff but could be a real plus for any Cadillac owner. My ad called it the Cadillac of iPads.
    ben.gators likes this.

Chuck C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by darkom
    Leasing an ATS on Tuesday. My focus was lowest monthly payment, period. After test driving I think the lack of Cue makes standard interior look boring and cheapens what is an all around great looking car. But if I consider any option, I told myself the upgrade to the 2.0T engine warrants some consideration. I'm not going to do both, because I'm attempting to be as fiscally conservative as possible. What would you do and why?

note: 2.5L doesn't bother me per se, but I can see how it could be boring in a few months. visually, the lack of Cue also doesn't bother me that much, but in 2013 (luxury) cars look a little odd without a touch screen and my passengers will not be very impressed with its absence
    The Brembos are a must. Go for the 2.5 with CUE and the $800 wheel package. To me, that's the perfect balance of economy and hedonism.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    Don't worry, you didn't lease the iPad. Cadillac sent the iPad to the dealer separately before anyone knew if the car would be sold, leased, given away, etc.. I guess it couldn't hurt to look at your contract though. FWIW, all 5 dealers I talked to before buying said they had multiple iPads they "forgot" to give to the buyers of the cars.

I sold mine on CG for $450 to the very first person. I guess I should have asked for more. When you sell it, make the Cadillac logo a selling point. It's not likely to be a turnoff but could be a real plus for any Cadillac owner. My ad called it the Cadillac of iPads.
    those dealers will have a day of reckoning, if any of you who received an ipad recall there was an acknowledgment and registration form in the box, that form is required to be filed with the deal paperwork and cadillac knew full well there would be funny business where iPads were involved and plan to audit all the ipad eligible sales

GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee View Post
    those dealers will have a day of reckoning, if any of you who received an ipad recall there was an acknowledgment and registration form in the box, that form is required to be filed with the deal paperwork and cadillac knew full well there would be funny business where iPads were involved and plan to audit all the ipad eligible sales
    You would think it would be easy enough for the dealers to reconcile that list and get them to the customers who they shorted. I know my dealer seems to have no problem contacting me through mail e and snail.

Quote Originally Posted by GJB View Post
    You would think it would be easy enough for the dealers to reconcile that list and get them to the customers who they shorted. I know my dealer seems to have no problem contacting me through mail e and snail.
    Easy?, maybe........that would depend on how organized the dealer and how up to date their systems are.

Doable?, definitely, dealers are required to hang on to the paperwork for years

Reconcilable? who knows, the desirability of iPads is such that i'm sure a lot of dealers employees gave them away to friends, or took them themselves as soon as the iPad was orphaned, if you search this very forum you'll find a bunch of posts of XTS and ATS buyers who were caught unaware of the fact they were owed an iPad only to come here and see happy customers thanking Cadillac and went back to the dealer and suddenly they produce one. the forum members shorted are the lucky ones who at least were told and got it fixed, what about all the other buyers this happened to. Dealers supplies of '13 models are dwindling and you watch there will be dealers with half a dozen to a dozen eligible cars on the lot and yet out of stock on iPads. I know my dealer had (he's since moved on) a stupid sales manager who was giving them to every ATS sale which is wrong of course so a handful of non-CUE ATS buyers got a freebie.

Reckoning day is coming, i'm just curious how this is going to play out, if dealers are going to run out and buy some to replenish the ones they lost, or lie and let customers go that deserve them, how Cadillac is going to react and respond to this, etc. This wouldn't be an issue if Cadillac hadn't ended the program, then the ipads would be like floor mats, the dealers would just rob peter to pay paul in perpetuity, until they had to sneak in some replenishment ipads to fill out their inventory.
    GJB likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.