Thoughts on Morelo red interior
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Thoughts on Morelo red interior in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Hey guys. I am looking for people thoughts on the Morello Red Interior with Carbon Fiber. I really like it, ...
    rsf507 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2.0T 2013 ATS Performance Black raven with Morello Red (:

Thoughts on Morelo red interior

Hey guys. I am looking for people thoughts on the Morello Red Interior with Carbon Fiber. I really like it, especially with the black exterior of the car. but is it something that gets old quickly?? At first I wanted a red exterior car and was undecided about the interior I wanted, Then I saw the red and I really like it, but hope its not something I get bored of quickly.

Also does anyone know if its particularly hard to keep looking clean?

Last question I'll throw out there. Thoughts on Black Raven? Is it much worse then the Black Diamond Tricoat?? I can't find the car I want in anything but black raven, silver and blue glacier, and I can't stand the other two.

Thanks for any thoughts!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

skip000 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none at present

Re: Thoughts on Morelo red interior

I have the very same concerns....no color except the Black Raven is exciting to me...nothing looks sharp and eye checking like pure piano black....but it is very hard to keep the shine looking showroom new,as the more you wax it,,the more it starts to show swrill marks...I have had many black cars...but brand new..it is sharp! Now a red interior looks great with black...but not sure if the platinum with black accents looks richer and more expensive than the red...have to sit in the red interior,to make up my mind.I think the sparkle in the diamond black color is just too much..a softer version of the glitter would have looked much better.Saw the black diamond in the showroom,and all my friends who were there,thought it was too extreme...my brother thought it looked like a black car covered in dust.So no black diamond for me.Lexus has a more subdued glitter in their black color,and it is just perfect...would have chosen that color in a heartbeat...just my thoughts

danscrim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L

Quote Originally Posted by rsf507 View Post
    Last question I'll throw out there. Thoughts on Black Raven? Is it much worse then the Black Diamond Tricoat?? I can't find the car I want in anything but black raven, silver and blue glacier, and I can't stand the other two.

Thanks for any thoughts!!
    Can't speak to the interior.... but I was in your situation with the exterior. I ordered a Black Raven was worried about regretting not ponying up for the Black Diamond. After getting the car, I 100% am thrilled with my decision. I LOVE the Black Raven. I have seen the car in both colors... and I'm not saying that I don't like the Black Diamond (I'm sure I'd be thrilled with either)... but the Black Raven is gorgeous. I haven't once even thought that I maybe should have gotten the Black Diamond since I've gotten the car. You'll love the Black Raven.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

Morelo red is beautiful, I really wanted it but it was extra and I really didn't want to shell out for it, but if you have the money then do it!

and I ordered my car in black raven, I think jet black caddies are beautiful

WannaV is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Black is the BEST color IMO...but you had better be willing to hand wash it -- especially the Black Raven --- and you had better use microfiber towels. Nothing looks worse than a black car that has been run through an automatic car wash or waxed with a bath towel and has swirl marks and scratches in the paint. I have owned several black cars and no matter how careful you are they get micro scratches in the paint that are more visible than other colors. That is just me though.....I am very picky. I went with Silver for this reason --- I don't have as much time as I use to, to detail cars. But hands down, Black and Chrome is it!!! Now, on the interior -- I am afraid I would get tired of the black/red. Its one of those things to me looks cool now, but in 3 yrs??? And you have to think about resell.... I would think the ebony interior would be easier to resell than the red....but again just my opinion. Good luck on your choice!

ral1960 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Perf-Plat, fr 11 STS, 04 DeV, 76 Eldo Con, 74 Fltwd

The tiny dealer in my town has mostly ebony interiors w/ 2.5s. I would think they would be a hard sell with our scorching summer sun, but I'm not a car salesman.

jph
    jph is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 RWD premium

i once had a black car. never again. i's such a pain to keep clean.
    but... that's just my opinion, don't let that stop you

morello red; i like and am waiting on my ats, ordered with morello red interior.

J.

danscrim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L

By the way... although I have a Black Raven... both times I've brought in my car (once for an oil change and once for some minor CUE updates) I was given a Crystal Red Tintcoat loaner.... that let tell you, that car is gorgeous. I mean it looks good in all the pictures and videos... but until you see it in person it's hard to fully understand. The car looks absolutely beautiful. I'm still happy with my Black Raven but if someone doesn't like black or finds it to be really difficult to keep clean and scratch free, then Crystal Red Tintcoat is a great alternative.

yeah, I LOVE the crystal red tintcoat, but there are so few around here and the ones that are are not the right trim/have the right options. Plus they all have the black on black interior, which I like, but the accents look kind of cheap imho, just something about that graphic on it I don't like. And I love the carbon fiber, I think it looks really nice. I own a mustang now and have all the tools to do a nice wax job (and now there will be much less to wax), but black just dirties so fast.

Looks like if I pull the trigger it will be black raven with a red interior, although I was hoping more people would have commented saying how much they love their red interiors...any of you out there??

ATSOwner is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I have the Red Tintcoat exterior and Morello Red interior in a Premium with Manual transmission. The car is gorgeous, and the drive is phenomenal. The car draws many compliments. I would have preferred wood trim over the carbon fiber, however,

RxATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6L premium

At first I was unsure about the red interior and that I might get tired of it over time. When I saw it in person, however, these concerns vanished. It was love a first site! It is such a rich, dark shade of red that it does not seem to get tiresome like a brighter shade might. Plus I think the carbon fiber paneling looks sportier and has a younger vibe than wood grain options. After 5 months of daily driving the leather still looks great and expect it age just as well if not better than the other color options. My ATS is an amazing car and I sure you will love it too. On second thought, ignore everything I just said because I don't want everyone to have the same color combination as myself

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

At the lot theres a Raven black ATS with the red interior and it is gorgeous!

Thanks guys, these are the comments I wanted...anyone else....

JSATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 premium

I have a Black Raven with Morello red interior and its awesome looking. Yes you do have to keep the black clean to appreciate its beauty but nothing looks better than the Black Raven all shined up. The Morello red interior is the best part of my car. It looks so sporty and beautiful at the same time. You won't get tired of it either because Cadillac did a great job with how much of it they used. There is just as much black in the interior as there is red and maybe even more black. The dash, consol, seat backs, most of the door trim and floor are all black. The look is very nice and the use of red is very pleasing to the eye without being overwhelming. I think this interior really brings out the cars personality. That being more of a sports sedan rather than a luxury sedan.

gfxbt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T MT

For what it is worth . . .

First off, a friend had a pre-production ATS that was black raven with Morello red. The car looked stunning. The contrast really caught your eye through the window. Looks a lot nicer that a black car with a black interior, which can look very plain and boring. Additionally, black interiors hide many of the intricate details of the interior - everything is just lost in a sea of darkness.

The black raven does indeed look awesome -I prefer non-metallic paints to metallic paints in general though. But, as has been discussed extensively, the black raven will be hard to keep up. It will get dirty very quickly, and it will be almost impossible to prevent swirling and other fine scratches. I've had metallic black cars, and just like non-metallic black, they show dirt very easily. With metallic black, you won't see the swirls or fine scratches as easily though. Then again, I don't think the metallic paint looks as good on the car (or any car for that matter).

As for the red interior, it looks awesome. As someone else commented, I didn't get red simply because I didn't want to spend the extra cash - in retrospect I kind of wish I had (good thing it's a lease!). I don't think red will date the car too significantly, as they've been producing red interiors since the first generation Corvette. Additionally, I still think the red interior on the original BMW M Coupe looks really good and it's been 10 years (Google for an example). Red is a fairly common (in terms of availability as opposed to actual ordering) on many sports cars. Not as common on sports sedans, but it is out there (BMW). If you are looking for something unique, red is the way to go. Another consideration is that I am not a huge fan of the aluminum trim in the black interior cars. Is that a sticker with rectangles or what? Just looks really strange to me. The red with carbon fiber looks much better in my opinion. If you haven't seen a red interior in person I suggest you do so. The red accent in the carbon fiber looks great, and it can be hard to capture well in pictures.

It all comes down to personal preference. If you like black raven with red, then that is what you should get. I would worry more about keeping the black looking nice 5+ years down the road. If you aren't anal about your car, you should be fine. And I think the red is very sporty and won't look dated. Good luck!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.