Any "in house" performance parts?
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Any "in house" performance parts? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I know Chevrolet has "GMPP" parts, which are warranty approved. Does cadillac have that stuff? like are there even intakes ...
    Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

Any "in house" performance parts?

I know Chevrolet has "GMPP" parts, which are warranty approved. Does cadillac have that stuff? like are there even intakes out for these cars yet? (2.0T) are there any warranty approved tunes?

my cars at stage 3400 so it shouldn't be too much longer and I want to get this stuff sorted out

I know bad news racing has tunes available but I'm worried this will be traceable and I'm guessing that'll void the warranty pretty quick.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

turbo2.0 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Re: Any "in house" performance parts?

D3 is releasing their intake shortly, they forgot that not all of us need CARB numbers to add the parts. I am begging my Service Director to let me add a tune to my personal ATS, but we are so conservative up here I know that it will never legally happen. I also heard somethig about KPE releasing their intake and an exhaust system, but I haven't seen anything yet. B&B claims they will have an exhaust readily available by March.

SLA
    SLA is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T 6MT, 05 LGT, 97 M3

I'd love to get a bit more power out of my 2.0 and retain the warranty! Even just 300hp/280tq would be nice. I know there's room for more.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

there's a reason why the 2.0T isn't tuned for more power ... it's the warranty
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

oh ok, I just know that the Cobalt SS 2.0Turbo had a GMPP tune that was available, so I didn't know if GM did the same with this engine.

Nite_Hawk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Pfadt engineering has a cold air intake coming out, as well as 3in down pipe for exhaust. Without any tuning they picked up 20whp on mixed gas. They should be coming out with a tune for it soon as well. Tuners Are taking to the ATS quite well. I'm excited to see what else comes out for them in the next few months.

I love aftermarket intakes! they make the car sound awesome under load, they dont really do much performance wise without a supporting tune though
    Yplus and Yplus like this.

Yplus is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS4 Turbo

The ATS comes stock with a cold air intake. In fact almost every car in the last 10 years has come stock with a "cold air intake." The difference with the aftermarket versions are they have no consideration for NVH, hence the increased sound. Some have even been designed so poorly as to injest water and hydro-lock engines. CAI is probably that last thing to put on your car unless you are looking for the bling factor.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by Yplus View Post
    The ATS comes stock with a cold air intake. In fact almost every car in the last 10 years has come stock with a "cold air intake." The difference with the aftermarket versions are they have no consideration for NVH, hence the increased sound. Some have even been designed so poorly as to injest water and hydro-lock engines. CAI is probably that last thing to put on your car unless you are looking for the bling factor.
    +1 on most cars coming with CAIs.

Maybe not for Cadillac owners but CAIs for some brand/models have increased noise as their primary goal/"benefit". The owners want louder intakes, exhausts etc.. And many of those CAIs may have less restriction but INCREASE the intake air temperature. The CAI manufacturer/retailers universally have dyno videos made with the hood wide open and a big fan blowing on the front. But on the road with the hood closed many are obviously drawing hotter air than the OE systems they are meant to replace. And there is no way a consumer could tell if the OE or aftermarket intake is drawing from a higher or lower pressure point.

bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual

Quote Originally Posted by Nite_Hawk View Post
    Pfadt engineering has a cold air intake coming out, as well as 3in down pipe for exhaust. Without any tuning they picked up 20whp on mixed gas.
    That doesn't make any sense, as I believe the ECM calculates power and adjusts accordingly. So if the MAF see's more air it'll adjust accordingly and keep power in line with the rated #'s. I think it's really nice that it can adjust and add more boost or less depending on conditions, however without a tune I don't believe that you'd gain anything.
    I suppose a free'r flowing exhaust could increase HP without additional air, which then may not be calculated by the ECM and then equal more. I'm still skeptical on that though, I'd think a tune would still be required to reap the benefits.

exesivefire is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0t AWD
    Unless the computer nanny lowers your boost based on power output....

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    there's a reason why the 2.0T isn't tuned for more power ... it's the warranty
    That wasn't so on the last gen 2.0T. GM had warranty backed tunes that were pretty radical. Well over 300hp/tq...

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    That wasn't so on the last gen 2.0T. GM had warranty backed tunes that were pretty radical. Well over 300hp/tq...
    well thats what I was saying about the Cobalt SS/SolsticGXP/SkyRL, they all had the same engines and were the same basic engine as in the caddy now and you could get GMPP tunes, warranty approved

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

that was also the old GM

the new GM does things a bit differently now

they might come out with GMPP tunes for these cars but the fact is right now they're not

if i had to guess i would say that it's more likely to see more power in next years engine than 'accessory' or GMPP tunes
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    that was also the old GM

the new GM does things a bit differently now

they might come out with GMPP tunes for these cars but the fact is right now they're not

if i had to guess i would say that it's more likely to see more power in next years engine than 'accessory' or GMPP tunes
    Ads weren't those other examples of GM tunes for the available engine with the most stock power?

A tune for the ATS 2.0 (even a GM level bump) would mean some buyers would take the 2.0 over the 3.6. A modern turbo has so much low end for its displacement that with a tune, the 2.0 would feel noticeably stronger than the 3.6 in many street situations.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.