New 2014 CTS pictures!
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, New 2014 CTS pictures! in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Here are 2 shots of front end (dark car) and rear end (silver) of the new 2014 CTS. I like ...
    rustybear3 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

New 2014 CTS pictures!

Here are 2 shots of front end (dark car) and rear end (silver) of the new 2014 CTS. I like it, but most posters on the CTS forum HATE and I mean HATE IT! ....especially the rear end. For whatever reason, they all expected the CTS to be totally different in design (and old fashioned edgy) from the ATS and XTS. What do you guys think?
    [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]

http://jalopnik.com/5982278/2014-cad...cts-this-is-it

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

danscrim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L

Re: New 2014 CTS pictures!

Love the front end. Hate the (boring) rear.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Don't like the rear but not so much for it being too plain but for more for the tail lights not looking art and science to me. I could understand Cadillac choosing to go for a less striking look but apparently from the CTS forum comments, they didn't get it right. I can't tell enough about the front from those pics. Hope it doesn't end up looking TOO similar to the ATS from the front or side. I prefer for models to look different enough for say half the general population to be able to sense a difference if seen individually.

AdamVIP is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The front looks like it has potential but Ill agree they seem to have dulled up the back quite a bit.

gohawks63 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3
    Here are 2 shots of front end (dark car) and rear end (silver) of the new 2014 CTS. I like it, but most posters on the CTS forum HATE and I mean HATE IT! ....especially the rear end. For whatever reason, they all expected the CTS to be totally different in design (and old fashioned edgy) from the ATS and XTS. What do you guys think?
    [/IMG] [/IMG]

http://jalopnik.com/5982278/2014-cad...cts-this-is-it
    The feedback you're getting here is consistent with what has been said on the CTS forum.

In your post on that forum, I don't think you were being completely fair about the disappointment.

I don't think anyone there expects a slightly warmed over version of the current model. You also called the existing CTS "horrible". Kind of a harsh comment for a car the arguably redefined the brand. Let's see what people in 5 years say about the current gen ATS. You also called the interior of a CTS loaner "cheap and old fashioned". Again, everyone is entitled to their opinion and maybe there is a difference between what you got as a loaner and the interior of my 2012 Premium Coupe, but i think the interior in my car rivals if not surpasses that of my previous Acura RL. The 2nd gen CTS has been out for 5 years and no one will argue that it is time for it to receive the same love that the ATS and XTS have received. Comparing it to a current ATS and XTS is ridiculous.

The criticism on the CTS boards is Cadillac's decision to soften the "Art & Science" theme primarily to placate the Chinese market. Dynamic styling is what got Cadillac noticed. I can't tell you how many compliments I have gotten on my coupe, whether it be a thumbs up while driving on the freeway, or a group of teenagers stopping dead in their tracks as I pull into a parking spot and then telling me, "that is one SEXY car", or the numerous times I have been approached at a gas station and received compliments. These are all true stories that happened to me. I have never gotten that kind of response from the numerous cars I have owned in the past not to mention hearing that about a Cadillac, and this is still from a car that is technically on an older platform, although the coupe itself has only been out a couple of years.

Everyone there understands that the CTS is due for an update. The concern is that they don't water down the design too much. You can argue that BMW doesn't stray too much design-wise from one model to the next, but Cadillac hasn't developed the street cred yet to rely on the brand reputation. Even Cadillac has come out said (see my other thread about the ATS coupe) that they will be challenged putting up the CTS against the 5 series.

They are off on the right foot from a performance perspective with the ATS, us CTS owners just hope they don't soften the lines too much, that's all.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    ^^^This^^^

Illini333 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 Premium

Love the front, hate the back.

ATS20T is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Performance

Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    It is not worthy of hate, only disdain.

Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post
    The feedback you're getting here is consistent with what has been said on the CTS forum.

In your post on that forum, I don't think you were being completely fair about the disappointment.

I don't think anyone there expects a slightly warmed over version of the current model. You also called the existing CTS "horrible". Kind of a harsh comment for a car the arguably redefined the brand. Let's see what people in 5 years say about the current gen ATS. You also called the interior of a CTS loaner "cheap and old fashioned". Again, everyone is entitled to their opinion and maybe there is a difference between what you got as a loaner and the interior of my 2012 Premium Coupe, but i think the interior in my car rivals if not surpasses that of my previous Acura RL. The 2nd gen CTS has been out for 5 years and no one will argue that it is time for it to receive the same love that the ATS and XTS have received. Comparing it to a current ATS and XTS is ridiculous.

The criticism on the CTS boards is Cadillac's decision to soften the "Art & Science" theme primarily to placate the Chinese market. Dynamic styling is what got Cadillac noticed. I can't tell you how many compliments I have gotten on my coupe, whether it be a thumbs up while driving on the freeway, or a group of teenagers stopping dead in their tracks as I pull into a parking spot and then telling me, "that is one SEXY car", or the numerous times I have been approached at a gas station and received compliments. These are all true stories that happened to me. I have never gotten that kind of response from the numerous cars I have owned in the past not to mention hearing that about a Cadillac, and this is still from a car that is technically on an older platform, although the coupe itself has only been out a couple of years.

Everyone there understands that the CTS is due for an update. The concern is that they don't water down the design too much. You can argue that BMW doesn't stray too much design-wise from one model to the next, but Cadillac hasn't developed the street cred yet to rely on the brand reputation. Even Cadillac has come out said (see my other thread about the ATS coupe) that they will be challenged putting up the CTS against the 5 series.

They are off on the right foot from a performance perspective with the ATS, us CTS owners just hope they don't soften the lines too much, that's all.
    Again, I'm just surprised by the quick judgment and angry comments by CTS owners on the new CTS design; there was no doubt in my mind that it would be similar to the ATS and XTS in concept and form.....and it is! The spy photos bore this out! In no way shape or form does the XTS or ATS resemble the STS, older CTS or DTS for that matter, and I for one didn't expect it too. I too have had plenty of complements on both my 2008 STS and 2006 Eldorado in the past......I even had a lady follow me to a garden center with her husband just to inquire about how nice my car looked on the road and what it was. Since I've purchased my ATS, several times (and I'm not exaggerating) I had people remark and compliment me on my car....more than any Cadillac I've ever owned! People are really impressed with the new design. Your CTS Coupe is a lot different than the standard CTS design and I'm glad you enjoy your car. The rear end of the XTS and ATS are very similar, yet I've yet to see a post on any of those forums about how they think those backs ends are boring;and the new CTS back end is virtually identical to the XTS rear end. I'm sorry, I really thought the old CTS sedan was too angular in design and I liked the softer look of the STS; hence that's why I bought the STS....reread the harsh comments posters have made on the new CTS; and make a case that I exaggerated about the hate and anger. They dislike this car so much, that most of them are saying they will jump ship to another automobile manufacturer. All this negativity on the new CTS based on 2 pictures; a car no one has even seen in person yet!
    mrrairai76 and mrrairai76 like this.

ATS20T is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Performance

All this negativity on the new CTS based on 2 pictures; a car no one has even seen in person yet!
    A strange comment to make since you started this thread, bringing content and comment from another part of the forum, and asking for opinions on the 2 pictures.

If these pictures are genuine, and not doctored, it would appear GM would do well to listen to some feedback.

gohawks63 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Well Rusty, looks like most ATS owners aren't crazy about the design either.

shudog is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by danscrim View Post
    Love the front end. Hate the (boring) rear.
    ditto. really disappointing too, because it totally loses what was one of the coolest, most distinctive Caddy features was the vertical tail lights and the blade spoiler/CHMSL. Both those features are washed out rather than expanded upon

RXUYDC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6L Premium

I would expect the ATS owners to be even less enthusiastic about the design than the CTS owners.

With the ATS it felt that Cadillac had finally got its act together, to deliver the world class car everyone (or at least many of us) was hoping for. The last twelve months have been so exciting to watch, with so much enthusiasm and excitment generated. I have so much pride driving my ATS, and I know others do too.

I took one look at the rear of that car, and just saw GM of old. I just feel so let down.

I just hope this is a poor picture and the real thing will be a worthy stablemate to the ATS and XTS.

so what?...great...don't buy it! I could care less, I have an ATS....you the one's that hate it! I just thought you should give it a chance.....DON"T!!!!

RXUYDC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6L Premium

so what...great...don't buy it!
    But Rusty, we want Cadillac to be a success as brand. To take on the Europeans and beat them. To be different from the cookie cutter Asian cars. The "so what" is that people won't buy it, and Cadillac will continue to be unsuccessful.

My sense, with all due respect, is that you would fall into the category of traditional Cadillac buyer, and the brand does need continued loyalty. But it also needs some new blood, new energy, a revived image. Like Jaguar. I am worried this won't achieve that.

That is the "so what".

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.