New 2014 CTS pictures! - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 36
Like Tree12Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, New 2014 CTS pictures! in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by RXUYDC I just hope this is a poor picture and the real thing will be a worthy ...
  1. #16
    danscrim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    263

    Re: New 2014 CTS pictures!

    Quote Originally Posted by RXUYDC View Post
    I just hope this is a poor picture and the real thing will be a worthy stablemate to the ATS and XTS.
    I think the more I look at the pic the more I buy that this might be the case. It does look a lot like the XTS rear end (in pics) which looks a lot better in person. In fact, there are many angles (particularly shot from low and straight on like this one) that the ATS's rear end looks horrible IMO. But in real life, I absolutely love it.

    So although I hate how it looks in this pic... I still have high hopes!
    rustybear3 and rustybear3 like this.

  2. #17
    rustybear3's Avatar
    rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    63
    Posts
    1,142

    Re: New 2014 CTS pictures!

    Quote Originally Posted by ATS20T View Post
    A strange comment to make since you started this thread, bringing content and comment from another part of the forum, and asking for opinions on the 2 pictures.

    If these pictures are genuine, and not doctored, it would appear GM would do well to listen to some feedback.
    The only thing that's "strange" is the totality of negative comments made on two photos...that's why I started the thread on this side...do you often find things "strange" when people ask for opinions?.....and/or disagree?

  3. #18
    gohawks63's Avatar
    gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,843

    Re: New 2014 CTS pictures!

    Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    so what?...great...don't buy it! I could care less, I have an ATS....you the one's that hate it! I just thought you should give it a chance.....DON"T!!!!
    But you obviously cared enough to go on the CTS forums to start the debate. The people there expressed their opinion that they weren't happy with the styling. You came on that forum and lectured them for how clueless (my words) they are and the proceeded to call the CTS a "horrible" and "cheap looking" car. Those people didn't come on this forum to complain.

    You then posted the pictures on this forum looking for justification on the topic and didn't get it, instead you validated the sentiment that was already being expressed.

    That's my last post on this topic (here at least).
    03firebolt9r and 03firebolt9r like this.

  4. #19
    rustybear3's Avatar
    rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    63
    Posts
    1,142

    Re: New 2014 CTS pictures!

    Quote Originally Posted by danscrim View Post
    I think the more I look at the pic the more I buy that this might be the case. It does look a lot like the XTS rear end (in pics) which looks a lot better in person. In fact, there are many angles (particularly shot from low and straight on like this one) that the ATS's rear end looks horrible IMO. But in real life, I absolutely love it.

    So although I hate how it looks in this pic... I still have high hopes!
    Thanks danscrim...That's all I'm saying....the front picture that everyone supposedly likes, you can barely make out....and looks distorted....is it so wrong to suggest giving it a chance on just more than 2 pictures? just sayin'......

  5. #20
    Mullah88's Avatar
    Mullah88 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS 3.6L (BLU); 1998 Seville STS (Delilah)
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Charlotte NC
    Age
    26
    Posts
    251
    The front pic looks like a modified ats to me (the V?), it doesn't look like a two piece grille, rather one large fitment ala the mercedes comments I've been reading.

  6. #21
    ATS20T is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Performance
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Age
    40
    Posts
    17

    Re: New 2014 CTS pictures!

    Originally Posted by rustybear3
    All this negativity on the new CTS based on 2 pictures; a car no one has even seen in person yet!

    Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    The only thing that's "strange" is the totality of negative comments made on two photos...that's why I started the thread on this side...do you often find things "strange" when people ask for opinions?.....and/or disagree?
    OK, weird then. I find it weird that someone would post two pictures asking for comments, and then criticize people for commenting on only two pictures. Is weird a better word?

  7. #22
    rustybear3's Avatar
    rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    63
    Posts
    1,142

    Re: New 2014 CTS pictures!

    Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post
    But you obviously cared enough to go on the CTS forums to start the debate. The people there expressed their opinion that they weren't happy with the styling. You came on that forum and lectured them for how clueless (my words) they are and the proceeded to call the CTS a "horrible" and "cheap looking" car. Those people didn't come on this forum to complain.

    You then posted the pictures on this forum looking for justification on the topic and didn't get it, instead you validated the sentiment that was already being expressed.

    That's my last post on this topic (here at least).
    Sure they did. You and others from the CTS forum followed me over to come here on this thread and forum to complain. I didn't complain about the new CTS. Just stated an opinion that maybe CTS owners should give the new model a chance....hardly a lecture! You and others are the ones who complained about the design. I didn't ask or want justification of anything. Where do you come up with that stuff? And yes....horrors...IMO I never cared for the old CTS design, interior or ride; Sacrilege! Glad to see a new CTS design. Just asked for opinions on the ATS forum to see if others felt the same way about the new CTS photos as you CTS owners did. They obviously do. Again, their opinion. As a matter of fact, many of those on the CTS forum apparently want to jump ship and buy A5's, Lincolns and such. Oh, well! Good luck to 'em. Again, all based on 2 poorly lite photos which I find amazing. Seems you are the one pounding the drum more loudly than anyone. It'll be interesting to see if you and others' opinions change or maintain when the car is officially released.

  8. #23
    rustybear3's Avatar
    rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    63
    Posts
    1,142

    Re: New 2014 CTS pictures!

    Quote Originally Posted by ATS20T View Post
    Originally Posted by rustybear3
    All this negativity on the new CTS based on 2 pictures; a car no one has even seen in person yet!



    OK, weird then. I find it weird that someone would post two pictures asking for comments, and then criticize people for commenting on only two pictures. Is weird a better word?
    No, weird is you equating opinions or someone being rhetorical as criticisms...as well as being sarcastic and condescending.

  9. #24
    gohawks63's Avatar
    gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,843

    Re: New 2014 CTS pictures!

    Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    Sure they did. You and others from the CTS forum followed me over to come here on this thread and forum to complain. I didn't complain about the new CTS. Just stated an opinion that maybe CTS owners should give the new model a chance....hardly a lecture! You and others are the ones who complained about the design. I didn't ask or want justification of anything. Where do you come up with that stuff? And yes....horrors...IMO I never cared for the old CTS design, interior or ride; Sacrilege! Glad to see a new CTS design. Just asked for opinions on the ATS forum to see if others felt the same way about the new CTS photos as you CTS owners did. They obviously do. Again, their opinion. As a matter of fact, many of those on the CTS forum apparently want to jump ship and buy A5's, Lincolns and such. Oh, well! Good luck to 'em. Again, all based on 2 poorly lite photos which I find amazing. Seems you are the one pounding the drum more loudly than anyone. It'll be interesting to see if you and others' opinions change or maintain when the car is officially released.
    Dude you need to get over yourself. No one is following you anywhere. I visit and post regularly not only on the CTS site, but here and the XTS site as well (along with numerous other car forums) and I respect each car for what it is.

    Also with your comment about me "pounding the drum more loudly than anyone", you would be a lot more credible if you based your comments on facts. In a 7 page thread I posted twice with my opinions on the car and twice in response to your trolling.

    In the end if the pictures don't accurately reflect the car and I like it, so be it. I won't be ashamed to retract my statements, but based on what has been posted the back of the car looks boring and most people seem to agree.

    Get over it.

    If you want to debate the styling further you can come over to the CTS site and we can continue as I want to be respectful that this is an ATS site after all.

    Otherwise the ATS is a great car and I hope you continue to enjoy it.
    03firebolt9r and 03firebolt9r like this.

  10. #25
    rustybear3's Avatar
    rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    63
    Posts
    1,142

    Re: New 2014 CTS pictures!

    Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post
    Dude you need to get over yourself. No one is following you anywhere. I visit and post regularly not only on the CTS site, but here and the XTS site as well (along with numerous other car forums) and I respect each car for what it is.

    Also with your comment about me "pounding the drum more loudly than anyone", you would be a lot more credible if you based your comments on facts. In a 7 page thread I posted twice with my opinions on the car and twice in response to your trolling.

    In the end if the pictures don't accurately reflect the car and I like it, so be it. I won't be ashamed to retract my statements, but based on what has been posted the back of the car looks boring and most people seem to agree.

    Get over it.

    If you want to debate the styling further you can come over to the CTS site and we can continue as I want to be respectful that this is an ATS site after all.

    Otherwise the ATS is a great car and I hope you continue to enjoy it.
    So much for it being your last post. Also, you're the one who came over to troll on this thread...Dude. Respectful?....please. Get over it?...apparently it's you that can't.

  11. #26
    gohawks63's Avatar
    gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,843
    Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3

    So much for it being your last post. Also, you're the one who came over to troll on this thread...Dude. Respectful?....please. Get over it?...apparently it's you that can't.

  12. #27
    Yplus is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS4 Turbo
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    191

    Re: New 2014 CTS pictures!

    "The new CTS: Because we want to sell a crap load of these in China.

  13. #28
    mrrairai76 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium WDT, 2011 Denali WDT
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Age
    38
    Posts
    208

    Re: New 2014 CTS pictures!

    Personally I think it looks good. Personally I don't care how it looks. Personally because I'm not going to buy one. The end!!
    rustybear3 and rustybear3 like this.

  14. #29
    thebigjimsho's Avatar
    thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In the barrel of a gun...
    Posts
    49,464
    Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post

    So much for it being your last post. Also, you're the one who came over to troll on this thread...Dude. Respectful?....please. Get over it?...apparently it's you that can't.
    Why so territorial?

  15. #30
    Hoosier Daddy's Avatar
    Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Winchestertonfieldville, AZ
    Age
    65
    Posts
    3,788

    Re: New 2014 CTS pictures!

    Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Why so territorial?
    That's pretty common on any car brand/model forum. I'm not talking about specific posts in this thread but its human nature to perceive your beliefs and feelings to be the center ground. ATS owners of course think that's the direction all models should gravitate toward and owners of other models disagree or feel the same about their choices. But it goes without saying that different people like different things. If not, all cars would be pretty much alike. I don't think any one of us KNOWS which would sell more, a CTS sized ATS or a CTS that improves on the traits that current CTS owner like. I'd rather drive a CTS sized ATS than the current CTS, but maybe more people would rather drive a CTS 2.0 than a CTS 1.0. I don't know. I don't particularly care because they built the ATS and this consumer would rather have an ATS sized ATS than a CTS sized ATS or any other sized ATS.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting