Cadillac Dealer Issues
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Cadillac Dealer Issues in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Hopefully this isn't too off topic, but my local dealer has apparently done some shady dealings and has really p*^^$@ ...
    Bluetrekrider is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Cadillac Dealer Issues

Hopefully this isn't too off topic, but my local dealer has apparently done some shady dealings and has really p*^^$@ off big daddy. To put it bluntly, mylocal GM/Caddy dealer is being sued by GM. This concerns me since I have purchased two vehicles from this dealer in the past and I am considering buying a new ATS from this dealer. I have supplied the link from the local newspaper for the details, but I am concerned that this dealer may lose their GM authorized dealership status whether they win or lose the lawsuit. While this dealer is not a Chevy dealer, I had noticed a couple of months ago thatthey had about a dozen 2013 Malibus sitting on their new car lot. I stopped one day to check this out and was told by a salesman that they were not new in the traditional sense as they all had around 30 miles on them; like new, but technically "preowned". I thought this was strange and a couple of weeks ago it came to light through the local news and newspaper.

This concerns me because I do not want to buy a new ATS at this dealer if they're not going to be there over the long haul. Plus, I really have concerns about how they are allegedly conducting business. Seems quite evasive and dishonest just based upon the facts from the news outlet. Just wondering what thoughts anyone might have or if you've ever heard of this type of thing between dealer and manufacturing company?

http://articles.southbendtribune.com...-vehicle-sales

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

bdwalters is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium

Re: Cadillac Dealer Issues

I would probably steer away from a dealership that's shady like that. If they are willing to take liberties with GM, they would probably be willing to take liberties with you. Then again, if you have been happy with the service you have been receiving to this point with your other 2 cars, maybe it would be okay. Is there another Cadillac dealership around?

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Just find another dealer...your trust factor is shot with that dealership.

gfxbt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T MT
    I had several dealers blow me off when shopping for my ATS. I know why - I'm young. Consequently, I didn't even consider buying a car from them (and actually had a dealer that took me seriously when I walked in get my car for me from one of the less than friendly dealers). Long story short, there are enough dealers around that you should go to one you like and that you don't think is shady. If you're concerned about this dealer, steer clear. As stated above, if they are willing to try and screw GM, they definitely won't have qualms about trying to screw you . . .

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Bluetrekrider, I'm so sorry to see you've been frustrated while searching for an ATS! While I cannot comment on the details of the legal situation in question, I'm always on hand to help if you would like me to locate all the dealerships (and their contact information) in your area or research your vehicle questions further for you. Please email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Bluetrekrider is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Katie, I appreciate your offer of help. Yes, I am aware of other dealers in my area with whom I can deal but I guess the biggest thing for me is the disappointment from this particular dealer over this lawsuit. I've dealt with them in the past but don't think I will in the future. As others have noted, if they are quick to pull shady dealings with GM, I'm thinking they would likely do the same with customers. I'm moving on, and thanks for the input of all.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.