2,000 Mile Comments
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By nmauzy
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, 2,000 Mile Comments in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I have been lurking on the board for the past month. First of January I bought the ATS 2.0T RWD ...
    nmauzy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 97 STS (Sold); 13 ATS 2.0T w/AT & CUE

2,000 Mile Comments

I have been lurking on the board for the past month. First of January I bought the ATS 2.0T RWD Premium - black raven with red interior. I have been commuting for the month of January - mainly driving early and late when it is dark out. This last weekend I took a road trip to drive from Houston to New Orleans for the Superbowl (my team lost...but I had a great time!) It was a great opportunity to drive the car and also drive during daylight hours. So I thought I'd put down a few bullet points of my impressions from the first two thousand miles. Overall...I love it - but that's probably what you are supposed to say after dropping 50k on a car. No regrets about going with the ATS over the competitors. It's not perfect either, as you can see by looking at this forum but I am really enjoying the car. Anyway - here are my thoughts after 2k miles and a 1k mile long weekend road trip:

- favorite features are the HUD and adaptive cruise. That adaptive cruise makes long trips quite relaxing (after getting comfortable with how the car breaks for you)
    - Love the technology in the ATS. It's the reason I got the car. It is finicky though. Same issues as others with the memory seats not going into proper position always. After phone calls the NAV doesn't come back up, etc. I know we are hoping for a miracle CUE update at the end of Feb. It will be a big update but I'm sure it won't fix everything. Happy it is coming though.
    - Others have commented on the stereo. I am not as happy as I should be. It's okay but I wish it was better. I put an after market sub in my old 97 STS but there were issues going through the Bose controls. I will look forward to hearing from others on successful after market upgrades.
    - I have been using an iPod touch in the hidden compartment plugged into the USB. It is a 64 GB version that at first I loaded all my music but after it not seeming to work well and reading comments here - I dialed it back to my favorite 1,996 songs. The iPod connection is finicky though. Sometimes the album artwork comes up, sometimes not. Sometimes when I start the car the iPod only plays songs from the artist that was playing when I shut the car off. If I take the iPod out of the car and plug it back in - the iPod plays a song and then seems to play a one second clip of the next song before advancing to another song. Weird. If I either unplug or shut the car off it goes back to normal. Usually when I start the car there is no music and I have to select the iPod from the DIC.
    - I have been happy with the comfort of the seats - on the long drive I was comfy.
    - Not sure if it is the 'new car smell' but it sometimes smells dusty in the car...can't figure it out.
    - In the sunlight you sure see the smudges! I've been reading about them but they aren't visible too much in the dark. - in the sunlight the car looks GREAT!
    - MPG: for my commute I have been averaging 24. For my 1k mile weekend I got 26.9 (receipt calculated) with my best performance being my 412 mile drive over at 28.2. I'm happy with that; best I've ever had.
    - There is a way to get your mileage up and it is to slow down. On the way back I didn't go overboard (much) but had a great time and still got 25.7mpg.
    - Navigation is okay. Voice recognition is better than wife's Honda but I like the Honda interface better. Love the turn alerts on the HUD.
    - Driving in the sunlight I didn't think the HUD was working great. Then I took off my polarized sunglasses to clean them and noticed the HUD was very bright. Time for new glasses? Oh, bugs that get squashed right in front of the HUD are annoying...
    - This is my first keyless car. Is there really no ACC position to listen to the radio for >10 minutes?
    - Tinted. Definitely. Nice and dark with the fronts one step darker than Texas legal with the same levels around the car.
    - Vibrating seats. Loving them but once on this trip it started going to audible alert instead. During a gas stop I went int the settings, turned the vibrating alert off, then on...and it worked.
    - I love the brakes and the chassis. I never knew that you could love brakes and cannot explain my love of brakes or chassis to anyone. I just love them. I was trying to explain it to my uncle and gave up. He's going to have to drive it for himself.

Sorry for the long post. Thank you for your posts. Keep 'em coming!
    Nathan

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

exesivefire is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0t AWD
    I think, pretty sure anyway..

Press the start button without hitting the brake, should do acc mode.

Yplus is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS4 Turbo

Re: 2,000 Mile Comments

People who aren't impressed by brakes have never truly learned to drive. Afterall, most cars brake 2x better than they accelerate. But I hear you, most people want 0-60 times and HP numbers. The ATS has everything in the right balance, IMO. I still smile on the way to work in the morning, and that says something considering I'm not always looking forward to getting to work.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

great feedback

and i think exesivefire is correct about acc...
    also should be noted in the owners manual
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

mrrairai76 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium WDT, 2011 Denali WDT

Very good read. I do agree the iPod integration needs a ton of work. The one in the Denali never gives me an issue and I run an old 120 GB iPod. I think the issue lies with when the car is turned off the power to the ipod is removed once the door is open and I don't think the ATS have some type of "memory" to at least maintain what was in the ipod so when you come back and turn the vehicle back on it has to index all the music again. I hope that makes sense so that Cadillac can see this and come up with some type of fix. The USB in my Yukon is always powered so when I get back into the vehicle it is ready to go.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

hopefully the CUE updates will fix this issue
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Nmauzy, congratulations on your new ATS, and welcome to the forum! If you ever have concerns you would like me to investigate, or if you would like me to pass along your ATS's build sheet, don't hesitate to email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com. I'm happy to research further on your behalf!

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

nmauzy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 97 STS (Sold); 13 ATS 2.0T w/AT & CUE
    exesivefire - thanks for the info! I was starting the car every 10 minutes! What a dope!

exesivefire is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0t AWD
    No worries! I figured it out on accident.. Haha I always forget to press the brake

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.