FYI. CUE SW Update Status
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 8 Post By HandletheTruth
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, FYI. CUE SW Update Status in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Info passed on from different entries/individuals in a thread from a CUE forum: "...was at the dealer yesterday for another ...
    HandletheTruth is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

FYI. CUE SW Update Status

Info passed on from different entries/individuals in a thread from a CUE forum: "...was at the dealer yesterday for another issue, and i asked about the status of the QUE update. He told me that it would not be until near the end of February 2013. Owners will get an invitation as i mentioned before. As an owner you will get: A loaner car, a FULL tank of gas in your vehicle and a Visa gift card. Update time will depend on the version of QUE you are running. ...some cars will have less updates some will have more ... it may take a few hours... it may take an overnight stay.

"...yeah, this is the information that was just recently relayed to the dealers from GM"

"...my dealer advised there is an 1,100 feature fix in the coming upgrade, expected in a few weeks, advised will take 5-8 hours to install. probably not 1100 features you'll actually notice, but gives a clue at the complexity of this system."
    JChen, JChen, Frikiton and 5 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

mrrairai76 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium WDT, 2011 Denali WDT

Re: FYI. CUE SW Update Status

Great info. Thanks.

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Wonder what it updates and if it will add additional apps?

jamboarder is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Good stuff. Thanks for sharing!

mrrairai76 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium WDT, 2011 Denali WDT

Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    Wonder what it updates and if it will add additional apps?
    Yeah does anyone have any inside info on what exactly will be updated. Just speaking from updating my phone...sometimes I'd rather keep the current software because sometimes the new updates have too many bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by mrrairai76 View Post
    Yeah does anyone have any inside info on what exactly will be updated. Just speaking from updating my phone...sometimes I'd rather keep the current software because sometimes the new updates have too many bugs.
    Perhaps Katy from Cadillac can gives us an update on the update?

hood101010 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6 Performance

I was in for service last week and the service advisor told me there were currently two updates which I got. One updated the navigation and maps, the other fixed issues with the memory seat and mirror tilt during reverse. He told me the update took 30 minutes just for those 2 items. I also read an article last night on Wired stating The touch controls and haptic feedback were the primary update. The screen will be more responsive and quicker. Article: http://pulse.me/s/iebIT

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Perhaps Katy from Cadillac can gives us an update on the update?
    Rustybear, I just double checked and unfortunately I don't have an update on the update. However, I do recommend checking in with the specialized Infotaiment Customer Support Group with your CUE questions. Agents are available 855-428-3669, Monday to Friday 8:00am to 10:00pm EST; Saturday 8:00am - 4pm EST.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

ewired is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 Cadillac ATS 2.0T
    Quote Originally Posted by hood101010
    I was in for service last week and the service advisor told me there were currently two updates which I got. One updated the navigation and maps, the other fixed issues with the memory seat and mirror tilt during reverse.
    Sorry to hijack but exactly what were your mirrors doing in reverse? I have contacted Cadillac, My dealer, and Katie on this forum, about my mirrors not staying in the down position while backing up. So far no one has a clue as to what's going on, nor can anyone explain to me the rules of the reverse pattern.

danscrim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L

Quote Originally Posted by ewired View Post
    Sorry to hijack but exactly what were your mirrors doing in reverse? I have contacted Cadillac, My dealer, and Katie on this forum, about my mirrors not staying in the down position while backing up. So far no one has a clue as to what's going on, nor can anyone explain to me the rules of the reverse pattern.
    How fast are you going in reverse? Mine do the same thing but I've found that they go back up when I'm backing up relatively quickly (like into a turn-around). When I'm backing up slowly (like when I'm parallel parking) they seem to stay down. I'll do a little more testing to confirm this but I believe that's how mine are working.

UPDATE: Just tested this tonight and when I backed up slowly they stayed down. Once i sped up they returned to normal.

My mirrors would tilt down when in reverse but when I put it back in drive the mirrors would go to random spots, not where they originally were.

Quote Originally Posted by hood101010 View Post
    I was in for service last week and the service advisor told me there were currently two updates which I got. One updated the navigation and maps, the other fixed issues with the memory seat and mirror tilt during reverse. He told me the update took 30 minutes just for those 2 items. I also read an article last night on Wired stating The touch controls and haptic feedback were the primary update. The screen will be more responsive and quicker. Article: http://pulse.me/s/iebIT
    So.....have you noticed any differences since you had the update?

turbo2.0 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

The new update will begin this month, but dealers plan on calling customers starting in March. What all will change on the system is simply speculation at this point, but you will recieve the $50 Visa gift card, full tank of gas, and a loan car for the time it takes to get the program done. From what I have been told the local dealership will be starting on their inventory as early as Monday, but once again you will recieve a call from you dealer letting you know when they have a spot open for you. Keep in mind that every vehicle on the lot and on the road will have to be programmed, so please be patient with your dealer.

So.....have you noticed any differences since you had the update?
    Memory seats and mirror tilt fixed.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.