What one or two options would you like to see on MY 2014 ATS? - Page 5
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree13Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, What one or two options would you like to see on MY 2014 ATS? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by ATS20T There is a difference between being pithy and being obnoxious. Apologies to ral1960 if my comment ...
    rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Re: What one or two options would you like to see on MY 2014 ATS?

Quote Originally Posted by ATS20T View Post
    There is a difference between being pithy and being obnoxious. Apologies to ral1960 if my comment was taken as an insult - not intended.
    You don't even know the definition of pithy....you were sarcastic, belittling and rude...period. Be careful when you throw stones....and don't you dare hold yourself as a bastion of what this forum is all about....

03firebolt9r is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

ATS20T is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Performance

Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    You don't even know the definition of pithy....you were sarcastic, belittling and rude...period. Be careful when you throw stones....and don't you dare hold yourself as a bastion of what this forum is all about.....quit trolling.
    And I apologized if my comments were interpreted that way. It was not intended. Not hearing the same from you. Just more of the same angry ranting. As you said earlier, it is YOUR thread, so I guess that makes it OK.

ral1960 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Perf-Plat, fr 11 STS, 04 DeV, 76 Eldo Con, 74 Fltwd

Quote Originally Posted by bdwalters View Post
    My wish list:
    4. Fix the side view mirror signals such that you can't see them blinking from inside the cabin. It's very distracting.
    ME: This is useful for those of us who tend to leave them on. My sister once said the same about CHMSLs, but that's the point of them.
    5. A slightly more subdued dark blue exterior color.
    And a nice medium blue-gray
    6. Replace at least some of the piano black interior with matte trim (to battle the fingerprints).
    Or a lower gloss plastic. But won't it all have to match? I'd think sun reflections are now a problem, too.
    7. An 8-speed auto and a smoother and more precise manual.
    8 speed we know is on the way. Supposedly the manual has been improved since the summer test drives.
    8. Real buttons on the center stack instead of the touch. (I don't mind the touch, but buttons are still better.)
    Then you get the dirt & dust problem back.
    9. A bigger trunk (but not a bigger car).
    Wagon!
    10. Speed up CUE and the voice recognition. (I assume that the bugs will be fixed soon enough, so I won't ask for that.)
    11. A sport+ setting that stiffens up the steering even more, particuarly at slightly lower speeds.
    12. Make the platinum interior an option on the standard line models instead of the caramel.
    Make a Platinum Edition too.
    13. Make a cover for the cup holders. I'm of German decent and would never think of drinking in the car, so I would just assume cover them up!
    My Intrigue had a removable ashtray with lid that fit in the cupholder
    14. A tune kit for the turbo.
    Likely
    Convertible!

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by bdwalters
    My wish list:

1. Be able to mix and match trim from the factory. (I want a black on black interior with dark olive ash wood.)
    2. Have MRC as a separate option.
    3. Either make the HIDs a separate option, or at least push them down to the luxury trim. The stock lights really are poor in an otherwise stunning vehicle.
    4. Fix the side view mirror signals such that you can't see them blinking from inside the cabin. It's very distracting.
    6. Replace at least some of the piano black interior with matte trim (to battle the fingerprints).
    8. Real buttons on the center stack instead of the touch. (I don't mind the touch, but buttons are still better.)
    10. Speed up CUE and the voice recognition. (I assume that the bugs will be fixed soon enough, so I won't ask for that.)
    11. A sport+ setting that stiffens up the steering even more, particuarly at slightly lower speeds.
    12. Make the platinum interior an option on the standard line models instead of the caramel.
    13. Make a cover for the cup holders. I'm of German decent and would never think of drinking in the car, so I would just assume cover them up!

Is that really much to ask? :-)
    I'll take 5, 7, 11, FOURTEEN!!!!!.

Quote Originally Posted by ats20t View Post
    and i apologized if my comments were interpreted that way. It was not intended. Not hearing the same from you. Just more of the same angry ranting. As you said earlier, it is your thread, so i guess that makes it ok.
    and I apologize if my comments were interpreted that way; not my intention either. Now tell me, what options would YOU like to see on the next 2014?

buckeyedad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 dts

Quote Originally Posted by AdamVIP View Post
    It is kind of silly that you cant work the HVAC with voice commands. Hopefully thats a future software update.
    From someone in the know: The Micro processor that is behind CUE in XTS was woefully undersized which is why none of that is incorporated. They shut down development and have to wait for faster/more storage at an unknown time in future. I sure hope the chip selector engineer got fired. It certainly won't happen in current model year because that is a hardware update that would require MASSIVE software check=out.

ATS20T is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Performance

and I apologize if my comments were interpreted that way; not my intention either. Now tell me, what options would YOU like to see on the next 2014?
    Most people seem to be asking for long lists of improvements to the car, rather than one or two options.

In terms of options, I would like to see
    1. Better sound system with subwoofer (say $1,000 option)
    2. 19" wheels (at a reasonable cost) (say $1,500 option)
    3. Driver configurable suspension and steering settings (say $1,000 option)

I don't need it, but self-parking is probably needed to stay competitive

A convertible would be great too, although I wouldn't buy it!

For improvements in the base car,
    1. Improved transmission (probably 8 speed)
    2. More apps for CUE

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

I would like a wagon with V6 T-Diesel.

And I will be happy with the rest the ATS already offers.

msupilot is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

All interior trim options are available at your local Cadillac Dealer. The carbon fiber, the aluminum, and all three wood variants are available to replace your factory trim. This includes if you have the factory oil-rubbed bronze look; that can be swapped out for the above mentioned trim kits as well.

Quote Originally Posted by msupilot View Post
    All interior trim options are available at your local Cadillac Dealer. The carbon fiber, the aluminum, and all three wood variants are available to replace your factory trim. This includes if you have the factory oil-rubbed bronze look; that can be swapped out for the above mentioned trim kits as well.
    yeah....at about a $1000....best to get it done before your receive your vehicle; most dealers will trade your trim out if allowed.

mrrairai76 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium WDT, 2011 Denali WDT

Quote Originally Posted by bdwalters View Post
    My wish list:

1. Be able to mix and match trim from the factory. (I want a black on black interior with dark olive ash wood.)
    2. Have MRC as a separate option.
    3. Either make the HIDs a separate option, or at least push them down to the luxury trim. The stock lights really are poor in an otherwise stunning vehicle.

Is that really much to ask? :-)
    In reference to #4. I actually like seeing the signals. That way I know they work.

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by 03firebolt9r View Post
    Very adult.

In Internet slang, a troll (pron.: /ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.
    Please stay on topic.

Doh!!! Now I'm doing it.

----------

Huh?

you just insulted in a sarcastic manner ral1960 post by saying, "Ooh, Good idea. Perhaps they could call it a CTS.
    and YOU'RE Criticizing me?

Whatever, Pally
    Can a moderator please make these two kiss and make up?

.... suggestion: don't let them decide where the other has to kiss.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.