What one or two options would you like to see on MY 2014 ATS? - Page 4
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, What one or two options would you like to see on MY 2014 ATS? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by 03firebolt9r Boost gauge for sure. I would also really like to see better options put on the ...
    ddawson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

Re: What one or two options would you like to see on MY 2014 ATS?

Quote Originally Posted by 03firebolt9r View Post
    Boost gauge for sure.

I would also really like to see better options put on the standard model. There are some things that one should get without having to go the performance route. Heated, power and memory seats, remote start, LED's etc.

I had a 2009 HHR that cost about half what my ATS did and it had real leather heated seats, remote start etc which my ATS does not have.

My Volvo C30 has adaptive xenon headlights, heated/memory seats, LED drl's, moonroof and a number of other things that the ATS doesn't and was substantially less expensive. However, the C30 doesn't have CUE.
    I you received all of those things mentioned, why buy something else.

JSATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 premium

I think there are plenty of options available on the ATS. I would have liked to see more things come std. I bought a Premium pkg ATS that listed for almost 47 thousand dollars and it didn't come with std heated seats. I know I could have bought them for another 600 bucks but I had to draw the line somewhere. I think the luxury model should come with the led lights also. My Audi came with more std features than the ATS and for less money. I think this car is awesome but it isn't cheap when you start adding in options that should be std. I love the car but having to spend another 600 bucks for heated seats on a top of the line premium model leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
    03firebolt9r and 03firebolt9r like this.

03firebolt9r is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    really? You are comparing hatchbacks and runabouts to a Cadillac and how much better they are on their loaded up amenities versus a base model Cadillac and your going to lecture us on trolling? Especially the HHR; are you serious? Hey, you're entitled to your opinion but so are we...besides, it's my thread and you're the one that went off topic ........so lighten up!
    That's exactly why I mentioned those vehicles....one WOULD think a Cadillac would have those options standard. THAT'S EXACTLY MY POINT. Thank's for clarifying it so well....and I never said one was better than the other. You sir, made that insinuation. Good day.

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by 03firebolt9r View Post
    That's exactly why I mentioned those vehicles....one WOULD think a Cadillac would have those options standard. THAT'S EXACTLY MY POINT. Thank's for clarifying it so well....and I never said one was better than the other. You sir, made that insinuation. Good day.
    Your comparing apples and oranges my friend...you insinuated that your Volvo came with a lot more extras than an ATS and cost less; well of course it does! It's a hatchback, Volvo...no comparison to a Cadillac. Plus almost all these options are EXTRA on a Volvo; not stardard to the base car. You're totally misleading on that point. To enter a 2009 HHR into the conversation is laughable! I can load up a YUGO with tons of extras, including gold trim items and DUBS and it will cost less than an ATS.....but guess what...it's still a YUGO....whatever floats your boat. if you can't afford it, stick with the lower end cars. But to try to make a point that loading up a lower end car with tons of extras and expect Cadillac to make them standard on their base car is a fair assessment.... well , Good luck on that.
    mrrairai76 and mrrairai76 like this.

03firebolt9r is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Whatever crustybear3.

----------

Sorry about that rusty, stupid auto correct on the iPad.

hej
    hej is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS (in the future, maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by Wideband View Post
    I would like to see -

- digital reconfigurable instrument display

- vented cooled seats as the southwest does get up to 110 during the summer.
    Same for me. If the current ATS had these items, my BMW 3 would already be gone. I think it's funny that so many people mention the ventilated seats in this thread. When I brought up the lack of them many months ago, people acted like I was being too picky.

jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by hej View Post

Same for me. If the current ATS had these items, my BMW 3 would already be gone. I think it's funny that so many people mention the ventilated seats in this thread. When I brought up the lack of them many months ago, people acted like I was being too picky.
    I found Cadillac's cooled seat option in my CTS to be "below average" regarding overall performance. ( all it did was suck air away from the seat using a fan which did not cool down the seat even when the car was warm) I can certainly do without it on the ATS myself what do understand why you want it.

Now regarding the customizable instrument cluster, +1!!!!!

hej
    hej is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS (in the future, maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc83 View Post
    I found Cadillac's cooled seat option in my CTS to be "below average" regarding overall performance. ( all it did was suck air away from the seat using a fan which did not cool down the seat even when the car was warm) I can certainly do without it on the ATS myself what do understand why you want it.

Now regarding the customizable instrument cluster, +1!!!!!
    I know that the ventilated seats aren't actively cooled. The main point of them (for me, at least) is for when I'm stuck in the car for so long that my back gets all damp and sweaty regardless of the actual temperature of the air in the car.

nittany lion is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS

Wagon version; the trunk space is ridiculously small, much smaller than the competition BMW 328i. The BMW has a capacity of 17 cubic feet, the ATS a measly 10.26 cubic feet.

ral1960 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Perf-Plat, fr 11 STS, 04 DeV, 76 Eldo Con, 74 Fltwd

For a year or two in the early 60's, they made a short-deck version of the Series 62, but it didn't sell well. Maybe they need a long-deck version of the ATS. Another 6-8 inches would be useful. If they hadn't been so hung up on matching the previous gen. BMW, it might have been planned that way from the beginning.

ATS20T is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Performance

Your comparing apples and oranges my friend...you insinuated that your Volvo came with a lot more extras than an ATS and cost less; well of course it does! It's a hatchback, Volvo...no comparison to a Cadillac. Plus almost all these options are EXTRA on a Volvo; not stardard to the base car. You're totally misleading on that point. To enter a 2009 HHR into the conversation is laughable! I can load up a YUGO with tons of extras, including gold trim items and DUBS and it will cost less than an ATS.....but guess what...it's still a YUGO....whatever floats your boat. if you can't afford it, stick with the lower end cars. But to try to make a point that loading up a lower end car with tons of extras and expect Cadillac to make them standard on their base car is a fair assessment.... well , Good luck on that.
    In the LaLa land you appear to inhabit Cadillac may have a brand premium that justifies your arrogance. Here in the real world most people consider Cadillac to be not much better than the Yugo you mention. I see WAY more Volvos of all shapes and sizes on the road than ATSs or Cadillacs in general. I don't think dismissing valid comments in this way, and belittling people is an appropriate way for anyone to act, and sure doesn't enhance the reputation of the Cadillac owners community.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by ral1960 View Post
    For a year or two in the early 60's, they made a short-deck version of the Series 62, but it didn't sell well. Maybe they need a long-deck version of the ATS. Another 6-8 inches would be useful. If they hadn't been so hung up on matching the previous gen. BMW, it might have been planned that way from the beginning.
    Ooh, good idea. Perhaps they could call it CTS?

jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by hej View Post

I know that the ventilated seats aren't actively cooled. The main point of them (for me, at least) is for when I'm stuck in the car for so long that my back gets all damp and sweaty regardless of the actual temperature of the air in the car.
    Well put because it DOES work well on the soaked back issue So technically, I guess they do work...just not the way I thought

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by ATS20T View Post
    In the LaLa land you appear to inhabit Cadillac may have a brand premium that justifies your arrogance. Here in the real world most people consider Cadillac to be not much better than the Yugo you mention. I see WAY more Volvos of all shapes and sizes on the road than ATSs or Cadillacs in general. I don't think dismissing valid comments in this way, and belittling people is an appropriate way for anyone to act, and sure doesn't enhance the reputation of the Cadillac owners community.[COLOR="Silver"]
    Huh?

you just insulted in a sarcastic manner ral1960 post by saying, "Ooh, Good idea. Perhaps they could call it a CTS.
    and YOU'RE Criticizing me?

Whatever, Pally

bdwalters is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium

My wish list:

1. Be able to mix and match trim from the factory. (I want a black on black interior with dark olive ash wood.)
    2. Have MRC as a separate option.
    3. Either make the HIDs a separate option, or at least push them down to the luxury trim. The stock lights really are poor in an otherwise stunning vehicle.
    4. Fix the side view mirror signals such that you can't see them blinking from inside the cabin. It's very distracting.
    5. A slightly more subdued dark blue exterior color.
    6. Replace at least some of the piano black interior with matte trim (to battle the fingerprints).
    7. An 8-speed auto and a smoother and more precise manual.
    8. Real buttons on the center stack instead of the touch. (I don't mind the touch, but buttons are still better.)
    9. A bigger trunk (but not a bigger car).
    10. Speed up CUE and the voice recognition. (I assume that the bugs will be fixed soon enough, so I won't ask for that.)
    11. A sport+ setting that stiffens up the steering even more, particuarly at slightly lower speeds.
    12. Make the platinum interior an option on the standard line models instead of the caramel.
    13. Make a cover for the cup holders. I'm of German decent and would never think of drinking in the car, so I would just assume cover them up!
    14. A tune kit for the turbo.

Is that really much to ask? :-)

ATS20T is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Performance

Huh?

you just insulted in a sarcastic manner ral1960 post by saying, "Ooh, Good idea. Perhaps they could call it a CTS.
    and YOU'RE Criticizing me?

Whatever, Pally
    There is a difference between being pithy and being obnoxious. Apologies to ral1960 if my comment was taken as an insult - not intended.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.