What one or two options would you like to see on MY 2014 ATS? - Page 3
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, What one or two options would you like to see on MY 2014 ATS? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I wouldn't mind a slightly softer suspension in touring mode. The roads are terrible around here....
    Livid is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 Premium

Re: What one or two options would you like to see on MY 2014 ATS?

I wouldn't mind a slightly softer suspension in touring mode. The roads are terrible around here.

mrrairai76 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium WDT, 2011 Denali WDT

IMO the suspension is on par for what the car is designed for. Even in touring mode I think it is where it should be. I would hate that small car if it rode like an XTS or bigger vehicle.

kevinr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS
    Quote Originally Posted by Major7
    Ambient lighting. I had that in my 2004 Acura T/L. I was a bit surprised that it was nowhere to be found.
    Me, too. Especially since GM did such a nice job with that on the CTS.

I would also like to see some minor changes to DIC: an integrated (multi line on one screen) trip display, a time-of-day clock, etc. Improve CUE performance (well documented in the dedicated forum).

I personally would like to see the car park location feature in the OnStar remote app (M-Brace has it). Not the privacy invading premium-priced 'track my car anywhere' feature (which I despise), but rather the ability for the mobile app to locate the car whenever the car and the mobile are proximate to each other. I was really surprised this was missing.

MyfirstCad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Thundergray 13 ATS Performance V6

Pdk type transmission.

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by kevinr View Post
    Me, too. Especially since GM did such a nice job with that on the CTS.

I would also like to see some minor changes to DIC: an integrated (multi line on one screen) trip display, a time-of-day clock, etc. Improve CUE performance (well documented in the dedicated forum).

I personally would like to see the car park location feature in the OnStar remote app (M-Brace has it). Not the privacy invading premium-priced 'track my car anywhere' feature (which I despise), but rather the ability for the mobile app to locate the car whenever the car and the mobile are proximate to each other. I was really surprised this was missing.
    Just activate the panic alarm on your key fob and listen for your car's alarm system....that's what I do, when I forget where I park....

HandletheTruth is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Addition to my recommendations - believe this saves something like $16 per month. Alternative to paying monthly fee to Sirius XM to provide Traffic & Weather reports in current ATS. From SAE.org article on next generation Lexus IS (available in June 2013): “A new navigation system that connects to the HD radio system shows traffic and weather data received via HD Radio with no subscription fees. “

ATS Toronto is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Luxury RWD + Nav/18's/Awareness

Exactly...but it NEEDS voice command for climate given the amount of focus (read distraction) required to change temp or fan settings....

----------

I would like to see more interior colour/material options as someone else has noted. Why would Cadillac not offer the option of the wonderful wood inlays with a darker coloured interior? How can the only standard trim available for black leather be brushed aluminum with the geometric etchings? And other than the marello red, the interior offerings are so light. Initial pictures I saw showed the caramel as being more of a darker tan colour, but it now appears to be very light in colour. Chestnut brown would be awesome...with rich wood accents.

Livid is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 Premium

I'd like all the climate controls on the faceplate like their are on the base model. Having to go into CUE to turn off the AC or sync the temp controls seems contrived.

I also think the seats need an upper lumbar support. The current lumbar support is so low it's more of a sacrum support.

03firebolt9r is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Boost gauge for sure.

I would also really like to see better options put on the standard model. There are some things that one should get without having to go the performance route. Heated, power and memory seats, remote start, LED's etc.

I had a 2009 HHR that cost about half what my ATS did and it had real leather heated seats, remote start etc which my ATS does not have.

My Volvo C30 has adaptive xenon headlights, heated/memory seats, LED drl's, moonroof and a number of other things that the ATS doesn't and was substantially less expensive. However, the C30 doesn't have CUE.

Quote Originally Posted by 03firebolt9r View Post
    Boost gauge for sure.

I would also really like to see better options put on the standard model. There are some things that one should get without having to go the performance route. Heated, power and memory seats, remote start, LED's etc.

I had a 2009 HHR that cost about half what my ATS did and it had real leather heated seats, remote start etc which my ATS does not have.

My Volvo C30 has adaptive xenon headlights, heated/memory seats, LED drl's, moonroof and a number of other things that the ATS doesn't and was substantially less expensive. However, the C30 doesn't have CUE.
    and it's not a cadillac....
    mrrairai76 and mrrairai76 like this.

Obviously...

mrrairai76 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium WDT, 2011 Denali WDT

Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    and it's not a cadillac....
    This actually made my day. LOL. I'm still laughing from it.
    rustybear3 and rustybear3 like this.

Very adult.

In Internet slang, a troll (pron.: /ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 03firebolt9r
    Very adult.

In Internet slang, a troll (pron.: /ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.
    Oh shit, I do that on the BMW forum all the time!
    mrrairai76 and mrrairai76 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 03firebolt9r View Post
    Very adult.

really? You are comparing hatchbacks and runabouts to a Cadillac and how much better they are on their loaded up amenities versus a base model Cadillac and your going to lecture us on trolling? Especially the HHR; are you serious? Hey, you're entitled to your opinion but so are we...besides, it's my thread and you're the one that went off topic ........so lighten up!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.