What one or two options would you like to see on MY 2014 ATS? - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, What one or two options would you like to see on MY 2014 ATS? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by Major7 Ambient lighting. I had that in my 2004 Acura T/L. I was a bit surprised that ...
    jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Major7
    Ambient lighting. I had that in my 2004 Acura T/L. I was a bit surprised that it was nowhere to be found.
    There's no ambient lighting at all? it's certainly not a deal breaker but was a good thing to see in the ATS sales brochure...they must have cut corners again, which is disappointing. (love it in my CTS)

Livid is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 Premium

Re: What one or two options would you like to see on MY 2014 ATS?

I'd like to be able to access the vehicle settings without the engine running. That's just dumb.

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by marktanner View Post
    Another suggestion: get climate control out of CUE. Use the controls from the non-CUE cars. Easier to use, less panels to stock (does anyone really need voice control of climate control?).
    Cue has nothing to do with climate control....it's just a touch sensitive system below the cue screen; you cannot control it through any sort of voice command.

danscrim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc83 View Post
    There's no ambient lighting at all? it's certainly not a deal breaker but was a good thing to see in the ATS sales brochure...they must have cut corners again, which is disappointing. (love it in my CTS)
    There is some ambient lighting in the door handles and other nooks. Just not as prominent as in the XTS.

jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by danscrim

There is some ambient lighting in the door handles and other nooks. Just not as prominent as in the XTS.
    Thanks, that information helps as I'm seriously thinking about jumping on one of their latest offers! The ATS still isn't out of the picture yet!

All of everyone's comments help someone who's looking for a new ATS as well such as myself. Thanks all!

HandletheTruth is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

8 speed automatic transmission
    +1 to overhead storage for sun glasses.
    +1 to separate controls for Sports Mode Suspension and Sports Mode Steering/Gearing
    +1 to less wheel gap between the fender and tire
    +1 to a GM tune (with warranty) for the 2.0 would be nice like they did with the original lnf.
    Factory customizing choice to switch around interior trim panels (was considering replacing the Carbon Fiber trim panels in Maranello Red interior with Natural Sapele wood trim)
    Panoramic fixed glass roof option (similar to recent Mustang GT)
    Capless gas cap (already in XTS)
    Factory available black chrome trim option (currently available as part of official Cadillac ATS Accessories Launch Kit)
    Audible feedback when a given tire has been inflated with sufficient air pressure (see recent Nissan Altima commercial)
    + 1 to integrated G-meter for sportier models
    Blind spot (optical) mirrors integrated into side view mirrors (similar to recent Mustang GT)

ddawson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

Your suggestion would allow anyone to change your settings, including children. For these reasons it would be a bad idea.

marktanner is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel

Most cars revert to the baseline setting on start-up, and have to be reset to sport/favorite settings each time. BMW already has this feature (the M button), and they have adjustable suspension and shift speeds, amongst other things. No problems with this over many years. Plus, if your kids are driving and changing your favorites, there is always punishment!

BXSteph419 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Top 3 options:
    1. Ventilated Seats
    2. Ambient Lighting
    3. More Apps! (ex. texting app like other car makers)

marktanner is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel

If there is no voice control for climate in CUE, then I can't figure out why It's there at all. The base car has all of the controls below the audio system. The compressor control is in CUE, which is dumb. There is no visual indication what it's status is, either. I never tried voice control of the climate control, but I assumed it was there, as some other cars offer it. Give us more apps instead, please.

AtlantaGuy00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS, 2013 ATS

Personally I hate ambient lighting, so glad it's not on the car. It's very distracting at night unless there's a way to turn it off. I like the darkness and think in the door pulls are enough. Ventilated seats would be nice. When the sun hits the control panel just right, you can see the icon for ventilated seats, so they are ready for them whenever that is. I also miss cornering lamps.

AtlantaGuy00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS, 2013 ATS

Also I would love to have the auto dimming headlights. Have that on my DTS and they work great.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Thanks for your input, everyone! I'm going to document this thread's URL where the appropriate GM teams can view your feedback, and please do contact me if you would like me to make note of any additional suggestions you may have. (I'm also happy to follow up on any general ATS questions you have as well!) Email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com or send me a private message anytime for further assistance.

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

AdamVIP is offline Cadillac Owners Member

It is kind of silly that you cant work the HVAC with voice commands. Hopefully thats a future software update.

ral1960 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Perf-Plat, fr 11 STS, 04 DeV, 76 Eldo Con, 74 Fltwd

I'd like an FE0 somewhat softer suspension option for those of us over 50 who don't want our teeth to fall out while driving on bad roads. Even better if it was adjustable, so carrying passengers & luggage won't make the car sloppy.

I won't buy one without cooled seats or really nice cloth upholstery--my Deville has spoiled me.

Front head restraints that can be moved backwards half an inch or so.

A darker red color, maybe the dark cherry of several years ago.

A light headliner with the caramel seats.

" consider a Platinum above that (similar interior treatment to the XTS Platinum would be a segment first, and exclusive)."
    +1

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.