2.0 lease for 2.5 $ now?!?!
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, 2.0 lease for 2.5 $ now?!?! in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I've had my ATS lease for 21 days and pay the $299 for the 2.5. The current offer has the ...
    AmerLux is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS

2.0 lease for 2.5 $ now?!?!

I've had my ATS lease for 21 days and pay the $299 for the 2.5. The current offer has the 2.0 for that SAME price!
    I wanted the 6 speed manual the whole time (which the 2.5 doesn't come with) so I settled for the auto because I loved the car so much and had to have it.
    The car is GREAT thus far, a huge step up from my 2003 CTS from every conceivable angle, but I wanted to row the gears after having a SRT-10 ram w/ a 6 speed in-between the CTS and this car. I couldn't swing the payments for the 2.0.
    3 years is a long time to think about - what if I had just waited 3 weeks...
    2.0 MSRP that falls in line with the lease offer $35,796
    When I use the build tool on Cadillac.com and choose the 6 speed it drops to $34,615! That's less than the offer states.
    2.5 MSRP that fell in line with MY LEASE is
    $33,990
    I'm actually paying more per month for less power and an auto trans!

If I've missed something here (and I hope I have) then please point it out. As it stands now I'm sick to my stomach.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RXUYDC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6L Premium
    These rates tend to be teasers based on a specific set of circumstances.

Variables that might explain the difference include:
    - Sales Tax, not in the advertised rate, but possibly in yours?
    - difference in mileage allowance - advertised is probably 10k per year, is yours higher?
    - money down - offer may require a greater down payment
    - dealer participation amounts required to discount MSRP
    - existing GM customer or conquest rebate
    - credit score

My guess is there is likely a reason. .

The lease offer is likely only for the auto as the residuals for the manual would probably be lower. And you didn't have to wait 12 weeks and get frustrated because no dealers had the manual and you had to order it.

CTS2009 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0t
    I just got a lease on a 2.0t for 330 a month with 0 down. It's an auto with cue.

bdwalters is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium

Re: 2.0 lease for 2.5 $ now?!?!

CTS2009, did you have any other options with that? I assume that is a 36 month with 10k miles/year? Did you get the $1500 conquest cash? That's a crazy good deal.

For a red, auto, standard, CUE, sunroof 2.0T, I'm being quoted $3000 down and $360-375/month for 10k miles/year and 36 months. That's 2 different dealerships (a third keeps giving me quotes for other equipment packages).

Quote Originally Posted by RXUYDC View Post
    These rates tend to be teasers based on a specific set of circumstances.

Variables that might explain the difference include:
    - Sales Tax, not in the advertised rate, but possibly in yours?
    - difference in mileage allowance - advertised is probably 10k per year, is yours higher?
    - money down - offer may require a greater down payment
    - dealer participation amounts required to discount MSRP
    - existing GM customer or conquest rebate
    - credit score

My guess is there is likely a reason. .

The lease offer is likely only for the auto as the residuals for the manual would probably be lower. And you didn't have to wait 12 weeks and get frustrated because no dealers had the manual and you had to order it.
    The current offer on 2.0t as far as I can tell is Identical to my lease terms. 10k a year 36 months down payment the same. The lease works for me as I live 3 miles from work and put 12,000 miles on my SRT-10 in two years living here.
    I haven't even made a payment on this thing yet and what I was wanting in the first place is available for the same money. The car has 400 miles on it and half of those were put on it by the dealer who had to go to Charlotte, NC to get the car and drive it back to Athens, GA. The timing of this stinks. Is there no recourse?

CTS2009 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0t
    My lease is with 15k per year. I got a 2.0t standard with CUE as the only option. 39 month term

Dealer just said: " we've got no advance notice on these lease deals, If you had bought the car yesterday and the new lease deal came out today, you'd be in the same position," Meaning im stuck paying more for less than folks who bought after the 1st of the year. By the time my lease expires i will have paid $1368.00 more for my 2.5 auto than I can get a 2.0t with a 6 speed for today.
    The current lease deal went active nine days after I signed my lease. What a difference 9 days make, are you kidding me?1?!?!?

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Where's "Katie" when u need her lol

ATS20T is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Performance
    Quote Originally Posted by AmerLux
    The current lease deal went active nine days after I signed my lease. What a difference 9 days make, are you kidding me?1?!?!?
    This ain't Costco...

Atswatcher is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by AmerLux
    Dealer just said: " we've got no advance notice on these lease deals, If you had bought the car yesterday and the new lease deal came out today, you'd be in the same position," Meaning im stuck paying more for less than folks who bought after the 1st of the year. By the time my lease expires i will have paid $1368.00 more for my 2.5 auto than I can get a 2.0t with a 6 speed for today.
    Unfortunately this kind of things do happen occasionally. My first car I paid with all cash brand new, one week later the manufacture put out a $5,000 cash rebate. I went to the dealer was told the same thing. But I loved the car. It was one of the most fun cars in my early years.

You will be wiser next time, but for now consider yourself blessed, people easily over pay thousands on new or used cars if they are not careful. You have a fun car, it can only get better.

No doubt, that I really like this car. The reality that nothing can be done and the length of time I've got on my hands now is sobering.
    Worse things have happened to better people.
    Thanks for listening to my two day long rant guys!

blue_skies is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6L Luxury

Quote Originally Posted by AmerLux View Post
    No doubt, that I really like this car. The reality that nothing can be done and the length of time I've got on my hands now is sobering.
    Worse things have happened to better people.
    Thanks for listening to my two day long rant guys!
    Just love your car, nothing wrong with your initial decision.

There is always a 'deal' somewhere, can't keep chasing them.

Fwiw, $300 monthly is an I credible deal, IMO. Can't beat that one!

sj1400 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 ESV

Amerlux

You list your car on leasetrader.com. With 400 miles it's still brand new. If the car sales you can get the 2.0 6 speed manual combo that you prefer.

----------

Amerlux

You list your car on leasetrader.com. With 400 miles it's still brand new. If the car sells you can get the 2.0 6 speed manual combo that you prefer.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

^^^^
    This. If it's burning you up that badly, there is an out.

mkco is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

These things happen, unfortunately, and I can relate to your frustration. We just leased a Cruze for my daughter. We used the $850+ GM Card points I had to bring the cap cost down. Sounds pretty good, I know, but the day after I signed the papers I got an offer in the mail where GM would "round up" my points to $2,000 and could've used all of them on the Cruze! I was NOT happy!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.