Do you wish you had waited until after the North America Auto Show to buy your ATS
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 4 Post By mrrairai76
  • 2 Post By RXUYDC
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Do you wish you had waited until after the North America Auto Show to buy your ATS in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Given what was introduced at the NAAS(North America Auto Show) BMW 320i, Lexus IS 250/350, Infiniti Q50 do you wish ...
    macintoshse1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Do you wish you had waited until after the North America Auto Show to buy your ATS

Given what was introduced at the NAAS(North America Auto Show) BMW 320i, Lexus IS 250/350, Infiniti Q50 do you wish you had waited to buy or lease your ATS. If so, what car caught you eye and why.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jamboarder is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Do you wish you had waited until after the North America Auto Show to buy your AT

The Infiniti Q50 is the only other one that would have interested me - nice looking car interior and decent exterior. Did you see that Lexus IS? Holy cow pie that was hideous!

mrrairai76 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium WDT, 2011 Denali WDT

Re: Do you wish you had waited until after the North America Auto Show to buy your AT

Agreed that Lexus IS is disgusting. What's up with that grill?
    huna, huna, danscrim and 1 others like this.

rage2021 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS AWD 2.0T

New Infiniti looks nice..not sure how it will drive though..looks a bit heavy. We'll have to wait and see.

RXUYDC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6L Premium

Another vote for the Q50 here - it reminds me of the Jaguar XF from the front, but I don't like the back. If all the technology works it could be a pretty amazing car. Cadillac better not rest on its laurels, and make the most of the publicty at the moment (Car of the Year etc). There is going to be a lot of press for that Q50, especially if it drives well.

No regrets here though - I love my ATS.
    jamboarder and jamboarder like this.

Chuck C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    ATS still rises to the top for me. I'm anxious to see ATS duke it out with the Q50 and new IS. CLA is nice looking for a short wheelbase car.

Wideband is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    What does everyone think - will Cadillac make any changes to the ATS for MY 2014 and when will they start taking orders for the 2014's?

slowdriver is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Still negotiating

Normally no changes except standard features and, or price increases the second year,.. They will take your order in July to be processed in late August for the start of build in September. Flow of orders goes by top selling dealers trickle down to the little guy.

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

To answer to your question, NO.....

AtlantaGuy00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS, 2013 ATS

Nah. I think the Q50 doesn't look special. I like my ATS better.

danscrim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L

I like the exterior design of the ATS better than all of them. Definitely agree that the front end of the Lexus is gross and the rest of the body is just plain boring.

I do think that the new 3 series and the Q50 have some cool tech features that I would've liked to see in the ATS. The around view cameras seem pretty cool, auto high beams, the touch screen setup with Apps, etc in the Q50 looks a bit more extensive than the ATS. Granted we should have some Apps soon enough... and who knows how much they are advertising (Facebook, Google Search, I Heart Radio) will be available right at launch.

All in all, love my ATS, it's the best looking car in the segment IMO. Would have liked a little more technology.

zr1mom is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS Prem 2.0T AWD Black Raven Red

I've had 2 G35's and they are great cars and the Q50 I believe will be a great car but not crazy about the new look. The ATS has a unique look which I like, i don't like looking like everyone else on the road.

jamboarder is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Yeah, while I mentioned that the Q50 would have interested me if I were shopping today, I prefer exterior design of the ATS which is so crisp, fresh and purposeful. Look at them side by side and you'll notice that there is an incredible attention to detail in the ATS design. Everything aspect of the ATS design from nose to tail, from roof to wheels, looks like part of one cohesive whole. I think the Q50 looks good and, while I would consider it before the 3 series in a heartbeat, it actually looks quite similar to the current generation 3 series in shape and proportions, especially in profile. But it simply doesn't look as complete and cohesive a design as the ATS. On example is the fog lamp cluster: It looks like an afterthought, designed by a separate fog lamp design team. The Q50 interior design, however, is quite good and at least on par with the ATS I think.

I'm just curious about the handling. Can't wait for the Q50 vs ATS comparo.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

I'm enjoying all your auto show reactions so far! Glad the ATS still "rises to the top" for many of you! I'm going to document this thread's URL where the appropriate GM teams can access your discussion.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

AdamVIP is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Im still okay with the ATS purchase. The IS is far too garish for my tastes bith inside and out. The q50 looked good in the press shots but a little odd in the floor pics. Plus the interior is bland. I like my morello red much better.

EDIT: spelling

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.