Cadillac Owners Forum banner

New ATS Driver, What is Your Age?

88K views 419 replies 303 participants last post by  DapperATS 
#1 ·
This is something I am curious about. It's small size may deter older driver, and its driving dynamics may attract younger ones.

Also, fun driving obviously is a major factor in your decision, what are some other reasons made you to choose ATS?

#242 ·
31, IT Administrator. Purchased a '13 2.0T Lux Manual Thunder Gray Chromaflair with Morello Red Interior. I was fortunate to find the options I wanted in a vehicle still on the lot and got quite a deal :)

This is the first Cadillac I've owned, but the my first car I drove was that *cough* Cimarron *cough* model no one wants to speak of. ;)

#243 ·
jsehlms said:
31, IT Administrator. Purchased a '13 2.0T Lux Manual Thunder Gray Chromaflair with Morello Red Interior. I was fortunate to find the options I wanted in a vehicle still on the lot and got quite a deal :) This is the first Cadillac I've owned, but the my first car I drove was that *cough* Cimarron *cough* model no one wants to speak of. ;)
Hey, at least you owned up to it and admitted that this is your FIRST Cadillac;) Nice combo there! I screwed up too but was with my 2nd car. (87 Deville with the infamous HT4100 engine)

#249 ·
25. Love the ATS; picked up a Black 2013 Premium Turbo AWD with the Red/Black interior. Driving is the first thing I think of when I wake up in the morning. The CUE could become more user friendly so you don't have to take your eyes off the road when driving and the suspension ok but it handles lovely. My first two cars were a 98 Camaro and an 05 Bonneville GXP. The GXP probably road smoother but the ATS is more fun.

#256 ·
56 years young/right foot 16 years old-2014 Opulent Blue premium AWD 2.0 T with all the bells and whistles got email last week that it is built, will have in a couple of weeks. Leaving a tweaked SAAB 2.0 T 9-3 its moving to a nephew. It will be welcomed home by a 1967 Supercharged MGB, 1998 Z3 1.9, 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 and a 2008 Chrysler T & C Mini van.

#257 ·
Regarding the earlier posts about the Cimarron, my father had an 86 back when I was a teen, the later ones did have a nice V6 engine. At the time, I actually thought it was a nice car, and that 2.8 V6 was actually kind of quick for its time, surprised a few people (think about its competition in the 1980's).

#264 ·
I'm 58, and just ordered a 3.6 AWD in premium trim.

Thought hard about a RWD drive as my last two cars (both CTS's) were that way (with manual transmissions), but as the 3.6 doesn't come with a manual trans and it snows plenty here in Manitoba, thought I'd opt for utility over fun this time.

I wanted to get the 2.0 with a manual, by the way, but after a test drive was disappointed with both the sound and the harshness of the turbo...

#268 ·
36, this is my first Cadillac, a 2014 ATS Luxury 2.0T. I was looking at BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Lexus etc. and the ATS had all the options I wanted and was
much more competitively priced. Although this is considered small for a Cadillac, it's a huge car to me since I'm coming from a 2004 Acura RSX. I really like the CUE system so far, and I've only had the car for less than a week. I'm keeping my RSX as a daily grind car, and the ATS as my "fun" car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.