Cadillac Owners Forum banner

New ATS Driver, What is Your Age?

88K views 419 replies 303 participants last post by  DapperATS 
#1 ·
This is something I am curious about. It's small size may deter older driver, and its driving dynamics may attract younger ones.

Also, fun driving obviously is a major factor in your decision, what are some other reasons made you to choose ATS?

#213 ·
It's also awesome to know such a fantastic car is being built in Lansing. I have two great friends who work at the plant there so it's a big win-win for me. :)
Indeed! Have you ever noticed the Lansing Grand River UAW sticker inside the driver's side door?

When I first got my ATS, I was really interested in getting a tour of the plant. I thought it would be cool to see ATSes at different points of the line. But I couldn't find any information on tours and my brother, who works in the industry, compared it to a sausage factory and said I probably don't want to see how the car is actually assembled. I don't know if there's any truth to that.

#215 ·
The Grand River plant is pretty new so I assume it's like other modern auto plants that I've seen in person (clean, well lit and very cool). I don't think you'd find it to be like a sausage factory. Modern car plants are amazing if you love engineering and technology. They're actually pretty quiet (unless you're in the stamping area!) and not too chaotic.

I've been trying to find time to get up for a visit. One of my two friends said he'll give me a tour anytime. I doubt I can take pics but I'll try. :)

#219 ·
Congratulations on your recent purchase of your first Cadillac, Tvp125. We are glad to have you part of Cadillac Owners. You will learn a lot of insightful information while being an active member. Gregory and I monitor the Cadillac forums, so if you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us via private message so we can assist. Enjoy your ATS!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

----------

28 here. Picked up a 13' model Black with red leather and Performance trim. Nice rebates from GM. This is my first car after always driving pickup trucks. I did a little car research and kept coming back to the ATS. The more I drive it the more I am impressed. The handling, steering, and overall feel of the car is excellent.
Hello Leroy_454,

Welcome to Cadillac Owners and congratulations on your recent purchase of an ATS! I was impressed with the ATS when I had the opportunity to test drive it. I agree that the handling and feel of the car overall is great. Continue to enjoy your Cadillac and if you ever have any concerns or questions, don't hesitate to contact me via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

#223 ·
Hello Hanks13ats,

We appreciate your loyalty to GM. I am glad your ownership experience with your ATS has been positive! Continue to enjoy your Cadillac. If you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us. Gregory and I monitor the Cadillac forums and can be reached via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

#226 ·
I am 35 and just got a 2.0. This is my first GM product and based on my age and previous cars (MB, Infiniti, Audi) I would say that I am in that key target market Cadillac is trying to attract. The ATS caught my attention as I had started paying attention in the past couple years to the CTS.

#234 ·
20 tomorrow, just got a 2014 RWD ATS2.0T

----------

20 tomorrow, picked up my 2014 ATS 2.0T Luxury with a 6 speed manual and morello red interior yesterday. Beautiful car compared to the base 2.5L (which I had before) and you just cannot beat a manual for the fun factor ! Glad I made the switch!

#240 ·
I'm 41. I traded in my 2005 Acura TSX. I still have a 99 Miata that love, but we have a child now, so I'll be driving the sedan more often than before. I wanted a sedan that drove as close to the Miata as possible. I think I made a good choice. It may not have a 30-foot turn radius and a fantastic manual transmission, but it drives smaller than it is and is a hoot to go throw into the corners. The ride doesn't beat you up either, giving you the best of both worlds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.