New ATS Driver, What is Your Age? - Page 7
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, New ATS Driver, What is Your Age? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by thebigjimsho Maybe here. But somewhere, some rich daddy will have bought his spoiled brat an ATS. Does ...
    duke27 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Premium Escalade, 2013 2.0T Performance ATS

Re: New ATS Driver, What is Your Age?

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Maybe here. But somewhere, some rich daddy will have bought his spoiled brat an ATS. Does it really matter?
    I actually have paid for it all on my own, so I'm not a spoiled brat haha.

----------

And no, it doesn't matter at all actually. I just thought this was a thread about what your age was.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

I'm not saying you were a brat. I'm sure there were people that were pissed when I got my 1 year old SHO when I was 20. Or that I got the first V to come out when I was 30. As long as you earn it and are responsible, it all doesn't matter...
    danscrim and danscrim like this.

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

duke27 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Premium Escalade, 2013 2.0T Performance ATS

Ahh I see, I must have interpreted your statement wrong! I understand now

ericzoom is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08' SRX

51, ATS 2.0T with the Cue. Unbelievably cheap lease forced me to get the car. Sold a
    04' Mazda6s, with better seats than my ATS.

Also have a 11' SRX Lux.

JoshuaDav is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Turbo Premium Black Raven

26 here. Just got a brand new all black ATS Turbo premium. If you would've asked me a few months ago if I'd consider a Caddy, I would've said "Hell no" but upon closer inspection, the Caddy is one upping the 3 series in almost every category so I decided to go with it. I LOVE the way the 3 series looks on the exterior though, but I was very underwhelmed by the dash and nav display. The ATS looks great both outside and the interior is the sexiest in its class imo.

Rifle and rucksack is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS
    I am 40. This is also my first Cadillac. I always thought they were pretty nice cars but not for me. Until I saw the cts coupe and coupe-v I would not have paid Cadillac or too many other domestic cars any attention. (Except muscle cars or trucks) But I love my raven black 3.6 premium ATS on 18s. Cadillac did a great job with this car and should win a lot of consumers over with it. I think the interior makes the CTS's interior look outdated and almost cheap. ( just my opinion though)

rsf507 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2.0T 2013 ATS Performance Black raven with Morello Red (:

28 here, just got a 2.0T Performance and LOVE the car, the red interior is absolutely awesome. Like the last two posters would have never seen myself in a Cadillac (possibly CTS-V excluded, just a little big for me). But they have done a really good job with this car. A few quirks here and there, but that's what you get with a first year car, just couldn't get myself to wait for the 2014's. My only regret is the base wheels, even on the performance they are very underwhelming. Should have ponied up the extra money for the 18", they are much nicer looking, now I would have to get wheels and tires. But such is life
    JoshuaDav and JoshuaDav like this.

stone150 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

27 here, my wife is 29. Don't have it yet, taking delivery next week. I follow the Automotive industry religiosity and we tracked the ATS development/spy photos. When It finally got unveiled the wife loved it. We didn't think we would be buying one so soon though. She drives a 2007 Mustang GT Manual, but we are expecting our first child in may. We started with the ATS, but looked at a bunch of different cars, I thought about keeping the GT as my DD, but decided to use that equity for something else. Came down to a used 335I or Base ATS 2.0L w/ Manual trans. we drove the ATS and loved it, just waiting for it to arrive from another dealer. I'm kind of jealous that she gets the new car, as my DD is a 2001 Silverado w/ 160K and a 2008 C6 Z06, but I'd like to pick up a CTS-V or SS next year as a new DD.

Red Sox Dynasty is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 Cadillac CTS DI (sold), 13 Cadillac ATS 3.6L
    32 y/o here. Last month I traded in my 08 CTS 3.6L DI for a 3.6L v6 ATS performance. Even though I went from FE3 to FE2, I think I'm getting a better feel in the ATS. Must be the ~20 more hp and 500+ weight savings. Plus I got some options that I didn't get in the CTS. Both are great cars. Loving the ATS so far and getting a lot of curious looks.

ThunderGray is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium, 2012 SRX Premium

Young 62! Traded my 2011 mustang GT. not disappointed!!

JoshuaDav is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Turbo Premium Black Raven

Quote Originally Posted by rsf507 View Post
    28 here, just got a 2.0T Performance and LOVE the car, the red interior is absolutely awesome. Like the last two posters would have never seen myself in a Cadillac (possibly CTS-V excluded, just a little big for me). But they have done a really good job with this car. A few quirks here and there, but that's what you get with a first year car, just couldn't get myself to wait for the 2014's. My only regret is the base wheels, even on the performance they are very underwhelming. Should have ponied up the extra money for the 18", they are much nicer looking, now I would have to get wheels and tires. But such is life
    It's cool to see the 20-somethings representing in this thread. I was worried about the 'old man' factor of owning a Cadillac, but the way I feel about the car is that it is not really a Cadillac. To me it's an ATS. A CTS, XTS and the rest are Caddys, the ATS sits in its own category. Kind of silly but it's how I feel.
    duke27 and duke27 like this.

kyle f is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

33 Here, just got a Black on Black Premium 3.6. Traded in a 325Ci.

Neuroleptic is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS Turbo manual

I'm 27. To be honest, 5 years ago I wouldn't have even thought of buying a domestic car, but with Cadillac's CTS and CTS-V's and now the ATS I've obviously changed my mind. I like how my car was built 60 miles away from my home, and the money goes to a "local" company and workers. In addition, I love my car, and don't feel like I am sacrificing one bit for something built in Munich or Stuttgart.

mph
    mph is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

55. Looking to go back to a small fun car after driving BMW 750i for a number of years. My 2.0L ATS far exceeds my expectations and more fun to drive than the 2013 BMW 328i loaner I got when I sent in my BMW 750i for service.

adiaz2331 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium RWD 6-Speed

I'm going to be purchasing a 2.0T platinum as my 30th birthday present, since my lease will be up right around my birthday. The goal will probably be to pay off the lease early since I'm close to my milage allowance lol.

On a side note, I'm very upset seeing that the Thunder Gray Chromaflair is gone from the premium color section on the build your own site. That was going to be what I was getting.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.