New ATS Driver, What is Your Age? - Page 4
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, New ATS Driver, What is Your Age? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Wife (31 y/o) and I (28 y/o) picked up a pair of manual trans ATS 2.0Ts this past weekend. Hers ...
    scsgoal31 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T Manual - Performance

Re: New ATS Driver, What is Your Age?

Wife (31 y/o) and I (28 y/o) picked up a pair of manual trans ATS 2.0Ts this past weekend. Hers is a Luxury, mine is a Performance. Dealership got both of us out of our competitive leases early with money left over to put down. Silly low RV and Money Factor with GM employee pricing made it an easy decision.
    mrrairai76 and mrrairai76 like this.

mrrairai76 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium WDT, 2011 Denali WDT

Guess I can finish what I started earlier. I'm 36 and the wife is 34. We're both Navy and the wife is on sea duty so she's in and out to sea right now so the ATS doesn't get to move too often. The wife has been thru 4 vehicles in 4 years. Started off with an 08 Honda accord then moved up to a 10 Honda Accord V6 fully loaded. I actually liked the V6 Honda. Then she traded that in for a 2011 Lexus ES350 and that's when all hell broke loose. I hated the Lexus and she loved it. To this day she still loves that car and I still hate it!! So we started looking at other cars and we looked at a ton and the ATS just stood out. Went to the dealership one day to look around and they actually had an ATS on the lot to test drive and then we fell in love with it and never looked back. I must say I love the great gas mileage of the ATS but I still prefer to drive my 2011 WDT Denali. I LOVE MY TRUCK which I will one day trade in for an Escalade.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by scsgoal31 View Post
    Wife (31 y/o) and I (28 y/o) picked up a pair of manual trans ATS 2.0Ts this past weekend. Hers is a Luxury, mine is a Performance. Dealership got both of us out of our competitive leases early with money left over to put down. Silly low RV and Money Factor with GM employee pricing made it an easy decision.
    Wow a pair. That actually crossed my mind but I need the space in my Denali.

scsgoal31 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T Manual - Performance

Quote Originally Posted by mrrairai76 View Post

Wow a pair. That actually crossed my mind but I need the space in my Denali.
    It's just the two of us at the moment, so no major needs for cargo room. However, she will need a second vehicle herself simply because she drives nearly 27k miles a year and no single vehicle lease is going to support that in any reasonable financial terms Purchasing a single car isn't ideal either because then you're out of warranty in the second year and still have nearly 4 years left to pay on it. Hoping for a cheap-ish CUV/SUV for winter driving.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Atswatcher View Post
    Thank you Katie, nice to see GM's presence here. If you noticed both Fraggy and I are Bimmer drivers, looking at the ATS with great interest, will the GM team throw us a bone or two?

Seriously though, I know ATS is still new, but hope there is plan to introduce more trims or packages, such as more sporty body kits and performance parts. A black-out trim and lowered body would be nice also.

Keep up the good work.
    I appreciate that, Atswatcher! I did notice you two are in the market for an ATS, and I am always happy to check on incentives and investigate ATS questions for you. I'm just an email away at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com for further assistance anytime.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

blue_eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 90.5 Allante, 02 Deville, 13 ATS 2.0t

I am setting the high end here. I turned 65 on 1/13/13 and took delivery on a 2.0T Luxury the following day. I have owned a string of Devilles all bought used and am keeping my 02 for the time being. I will also become bored with my Allante. It will go Bye Bye in the Spring!
    I was looking for a 07 CTS-V for the past two years and finally decided to be a little more conservative. I had a hard time deciding on Auto or Manual. Manual with the limited slip would be fun to take to BMW club track days at Lime Rock. The sales girl foolishly filled it up with 87 octane for the delivery. I told her earlier that the 2.0T needs 91. She actually argued the point! I will have to wait until my next fill-up to stretch the ATS's legs a little.

zr1mom is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS Prem 2.0T AWD Black Raven Red

[QUOTE=mrrairai76;3194459]Guess I can finish what I started earlier. I'm 36 and the wife is 34. We're both Navy and the wife is on sea duty so she's in and out to sea right now so the ATS doesn't get to move too often. The wife has been thru 4 vehicles in 4 years. Started off with an 08 Honda accord then moved up to a 10 Honda Accord V6 fully loaded. I actually liked the V6 Honda. Then she traded that in for a 2011 Lexus ES350 and that's when all hell broke loose. I hated the Lexus and she loved it. To this day she still loves that car and I still hate it!! So we started looking at other cars and we looked at a ton and the ATS just stood out. Went to the dealership one day to look around and they actually had an ATS on the lot to test drive and then we fell in love with it and never looked back. I must say I love the great gas mileage of the ATS but I still prefer to drive my 2011 WDT Denali. I LOVE MY TRUCK which I will one day trade in for an Escalade.[COLOR=]

Question what kind of gas mileage are you getting?

unclemoose is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD Performance - Radiant Silver Metallic

I'm 40. I traded in my 07 Solstice GXP Manual for my ATS. I've also owned an 04 GTO LS1, two Trailblazers, a 1997 GMC Sonoma, a 1995 Monte Carlo, a 1987 Ford Ranger and a 1980? Aries K car...silver with red cloth interior. hah!

ATSnot328i is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Luxury 2.0T, Black Raven, Red Morello

I'm 50. Been driving VW Jetta Sportwagen (2-4Runners before), it will remain utility car. Wife drives 2011 Porsche Cayman. We thought 328i was going to be it, until we test drove the ATS Turbo. What a surprise! Great responsiveness, and mpg. Ordered 2.0 Turbo, Luxury, Black Raven, Red Morello two days ago. Can't wait.

Atswatcher is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ATSnot328i View Post
    I'm 50. Been driving VW Jetta Sportwagen (2-4Runners before), it will remain utility car. Wife drives 2011 Porsche Cayman. We thought 328i was going to be it, until we test drove the ATS Turbo. What a surprise! Great responsiveness, and mpg. Ordered 2.0 Turbo, Luxury, Black Raven, Red Morello two days ago. Can't wait.
    Agree ATS 2.0T was a pleasant surprise, after reading reviews bashing it. It was so eager to rev up and sounded really nice. The only downside is no exhuast note. The 3.6L exhuast note was intoxicating.

isakhanyan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS Turbo Manual
    First Cadillac was a cts-v at 19. (I bought myself)

Now I'm 24 and awaiting deliver of my ats.

motivedetroit is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium AWD, 2009 CTS Premium AWD

33. 2.0T black diamond Premium AWD. Had 2009 CTS4 before this one

Dave3283 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS, 2.0t - Performance

Not a driver yet...new owner as of last night. Factory ordered:
    I'm 49...getting 2.0t Performance RWD, 18" rims, Nav and sunroof. Radiant Silver, Platinum with Black accents.

Getting out of 2010 Fusion Sport AWD..it was fun, but this will be thrilling.

stogeman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum
    27, love the car just not used to the way the buttons work but ill get used too it

muthaiga is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium

49, and soon-to-be empty nester, (I kept looking at the back seats, and wondering how the kids would fit back there, until I realized they are all off and driving their own cars). I hate to admit it, but it's kind of my mid-life crisis car. Love the handling and sporty ride. Also the color combo, Radiant Silver with Morello Red leather interior, is just great.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Must admit ... this is a fun read. Probably something vicarious going on.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.