Cadillac Owners Forum banner

New ATS Driver, What is Your Age?

88K views 419 replies 303 participants last post by  DapperATS 
#1 ·
This is something I am curious about. It's small size may deter older driver, and its driving dynamics may attract younger ones.

Also, fun driving obviously is a major factor in your decision, what are some other reasons made you to choose ATS?

#98 ·
27 here, my wife is 29. Don't have it yet, taking delivery next week. I follow the Automotive industry religiosity and we tracked the ATS development/spy photos. When It finally got unveiled the wife loved it. We didn't think we would be buying one so soon though. She drives a 2007 Mustang GT Manual, but we are expecting our first child in may. We started with the ATS, but looked at a bunch of different cars, I thought about keeping the GT as my DD, but decided to use that equity for something else. Came down to a used 335I or Base ATS 2.0L w/ Manual trans. we drove the ATS and loved it, just waiting for it to arrive from another dealer. I'm kind of jealous that she gets the new car, as my DD is a 2001 Silverado w/ 160K and a 2008 C6 Z06, but I'd like to pick up a CTS-V or SS next year as a new DD.

#99 ·
32 y/o here. Last month I traded in my 08 CTS 3.6L DI for a 3.6L v6 ATS performance. Even though I went from FE3 to FE2, I think I'm getting a better feel in the ATS. Must be the ~20 more hp and 500+ weight savings. Plus I got some options that I didn't get in the CTS. Both are great cars. Loving the ATS so far and getting a lot of curious looks.

#103 ·
I'm 27. To be honest, 5 years ago I wouldn't have even thought of buying a domestic car, but with Cadillac's CTS and CTS-V's and now the ATS I've obviously changed my mind. I like how my car was built 60 miles away from my home, and the money goes to a "local" company and workers. In addition, I love my car, and don't feel like I am sacrificing one bit for something built in Munich or Stuttgart.

#105 ·
I'm going to be purchasing a 2.0T platinum as my 30th birthday present, since my lease will be up right around my birthday. The goal will probably be to pay off the lease early since I'm close to my milage allowance lol.

On a side note, I'm very upset seeing that the Thunder Gray Chromaflair is gone from the premium color section on the build your own site. That was going to be what I was getting. :(

#111 ·
I'm feeling old in this crowd! 58 here. Third stick shift Cadillac in a row! CTS, then CTS-V, and now the ATS. Wouldn't have bought them otherwise if a stick wasn't offered. I'm glad to see so many younger people are buying this car. My father would have been glad that I have been buying Cadillacs, but none of mine would have been his kind of car. His first Cadillac was a 1940's Fleetwood, also with a stick, which he inherited from his father. Then he had ten Coupe deVilles yearly in a row, starting in 1971, and finishing with a 1990 Sedan deVille, that he kept until his death in 2004. Today's Cadillacs are definitely not cars only for the elderly anymore.

#114 ·
Neuroleptic said:
I'm 27. To be honest, 5 years ago I wouldn't have even thought of buying a domestic car, but with Cadillac's CTS and CTS-V's and now the ATS I've obviously changed my mind. I like how my car was built 60 miles away from my home, and the money goes to a "local" company and workers. In addition, I love my car, and don't feel like I am sacrificing one bit for something built in Munich or Stuttgart.
Good for you !! The fact is the new Cadillacs are hotter then anything on the road today. Also, in the "old days" when Cadillac was king of the world no movie star, sports superstar or business executive would even consider driving anything but a Cadillac Going be fun to see Caddy continue to get this type of marketshare back.

#117 ·
OK, finally decided to add myself to the list. 32, black raven, morello red, 3.6 premium. I have admired the CTS for years and planned on upgrading to it as my own future 4-door sport sedan family car, then I saw an add for ATS during the 2012 Superbowl. I knew then I would have to hold out until "summer of 2012." Well as soon as my local dealership got one in stock, I made sure a child's car seat would fit & bought it. I have been proud owner of an American made Cadillac ATS since September 2012.

#118 ·
62 years , retired with my second Cadillac. Just received 3.6 L RWD Performance edition in Opulent Blue. Love the stares we get. It is such a gorgeous car. Handles beautifully. Responsive, agile, aggressive and loaded with technology. The BMW 3 series is old news and about to be retired so who wants yesterdays auto?

#119 ·
Age 53. just ordered this week...2.0T Luxury with Nav, 18" wheels, driver awareness. Black Raven on black. Keeping 2010 Genesis Sedan Premium V6 as 2nd vehicle. Will be interesting to experience the difference between engines. The test drive of the 2.0T was definitely a different feel than the Genesis V6 which is also a strong V6 engine. Feel/sound was different and I've found it interesting reading different perspectives as I reflect on the 2.0 test drives. I've noted a few folks saying the 2.0T seemed to be almost as fast but felt like it it had to work harder. I remember it having a boatload of torque and power across the various speeds/gears (auto) and frankly less of a lag than the powerful but more smooth/syrupy V6 I tested (and my Genesis for that matter). Not saying right or wrong on either engine (they're both in the top tier), just noting how perceptions can vary...and are also influenced by reviews/feedback we read and hear.

All that said, I can't wait to take delivery and wind it out!

#121 ·
38 last car was a 500hp Subaru STI that killed pretty much every car on the road or track. But she was
Stolen a month ago and probably resides somewhere in Africa now:(. Had my first child 6 Weeks ago so the ATS seems like a better fit for me and my new family. Need a tune for my 2.0T

#125 ·
I have to ask you because I'm thinking of switching from an 08 CTS4 DI Premium over to the ATS4 2.0t Performance...was it an easy transition for you overall? The power on the 2.0t was nice but once I got back into my car, the beast was back! The size of the ATS is also holding me back a bit. Any comments/opinions would be appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.