New ATS Driver, What is Your Age? - Page 3
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, New ATS Driver, What is Your Age? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by Anthony31188 Enjoy it man....you only live once! Too right! I want to get one of those license ...
    mrstecks is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Re: New ATS Driver, What is Your Age?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony31188 View Post
    Enjoy it man....you only live once!
    Too right! I want to get one of those license plate frames that says "Life is too short to drive boring cars!"
    Wish I'd started thinking that way 30 years ago. lol

huna is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 AWD Premium Thunder Gray, Caramel, with peanuts

Mid-40's here. The two 20-something guys at work, after seeing and riding in mine, both rank it slightly below an A4 in their mind, and solidly above a 3-series. Mainly based on styling (inside and out). "Had no idea there was a Cadillac like this." Neither of them likes the looks of the 3-series AT ALL. These guys know little about HP ratings or driving dynamics, and don't care, really. Both of them will be shopping in the category within a few years, I'm sure.

katz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 3.6 AWD Luxury ATS

I'm 47, last 2 cars were SAAB 9.3 Aeros, - Really miss the Bi-Xenon, adaptive, headlights and LEDs!!
    Always liked the CTS but thought was too big for me, the ATS was a perfect fit when I saw it, bought the Luxury trim right off the lot. -( didn't learn the missing HID/LED till a few days later)
    1,700 miles and still really love this car, the seating just fits perfectly, most comfortable car I've driven.

jamboarder is offline Cadillac Owners Member

38 here. Traded in my 2005 Mazda 3 which served me well - loved how tossable it was. This time I wanted it all: looks at least as good, more luxury, more tech, more sport, more power and better mileage than my Mazda 3. The 3 series just too much of a yawner (and that interior is just awful - I actually prefer the interior in my Mazda 3). The same for the C class. The A4 was nice, definitely in the mix at the cost of some sportiness. But the ATS, ohh the ATS. I was smitten. I'm about as far from brand or status seeker as they come. I'm a geek and a gearhead and I love my premium 2.0T. Been calling the ATS my geekmobile.

mrrairai76 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium WDT, 2011 Denali WDT

I'm 36 and the wife is 34.

LouisG is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 L premium AWD

I'm 61. My last cars: Infiniti G37, Infiniti G35, Volvo S80 v6 turbo. So , for me this cadillac is in the same spirit. ( first american car in 35 years..) Very satisfied with my ATS V6 AWD.

macintoshse1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have a Saab 9-3 now. Which ATS did you get 2.5,2.0 or 3.6 how do you think the power compares to the Saab.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    I'm 47, last 2 cars were SAAB 9.3 Aeros, - Really miss the Bi-Xenon, adaptive, headlights and LEDs!!
    Always liked the CTS but thought was too big for me, the ATS was a perfect fit when I saw it, bought the Luxury trim right off the lot. -( didn't learn the missing HID/LED till a few days later)
    1,700 miles and still really love this car, the seating just fits perfectly, most comfortable car I've driven.

kennyjd6 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

22 here, got a 2.0T. Sold my Silverado and wanted something with better gas mileage, and something I would truly enjoy driving. And it has more than satisfied me, everything I wanted. Oh, and everyone my age has also been in love with it haha.

slepr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T AWD Premium

51. My first Cadillac (never liked the large size of previous models). Coming from decades of Pontiacs and am still mad as hell that GM killed it. Love my ATS more and more every day. Excellent build quality and love the handling. Haven't tapped into the power yet (being pretty careful during the break-in period).

Bertha D Blues is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T AWD, '13 SRX AWD Performance

55 years young. I decided that at my age it was time for me to buy a car with an automatic transmission. it was a tough decision, which I don't regret. My last new car with auto was a 1984 Thunderbird.
    Bert

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Atswatcher View Post
    As I said earlier, I am nearly in the identical situation as Fraggy, I mean literally everything he said. But need to wait for my current 3 series lease to expire.

A lot has been said about Caddy's past and client base. It is good to see younger folks getting interested in the new Caddy, and older folks still young at heart. Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks for kicking off this thread, Atswatcher! If you ever have ATS questions in the meantime and would like me to investigate for you, email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com for further assistance.

I'm resisting the urge to "like" every single post, since it's wonderful to see all the positivity here! Everyone's ATS feedback is much appreciated, and I'll be sure to document this particular thread URL where the appropriate GM teams can view it.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Sir CussFreq is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Raven Black ATS

I'm 31, traded in my 07 Subaru STI (lightly modded) for an ATS 3.6 Premium, loaded! I wanted to stick with something fun to drive, but a few steps up on technology and luxury... Oh, and it had to be a better commuter. The ATS fits the bill in every way! It's barely any slower than the STI (slightly heavier, less torque), but it seems to handle at least as well, if not better! And the ride and comfort are light years beyond the econobox racer.

And while my fuel economy did not increase at all (), it kinda makes up for it since I can use Regular 87 octane now instead of being forced to use 93 octane.

kimobu is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS Premium

26, coming from a Saab 9-3. It was a manual 2.0HOT, and I feel it's 3rd gear boost was more pronounced than the ATS'. But the ATS is auto and a bit smoother feeling.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by bmcleod View Post
    61 ... I just had to make sure my skis would fit in the back. ...
    Snow, water, or both?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Atswatcher is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc

Thanks for kicking off this thread, Atswatcher! If you ever have ATS questions in the meantime and would like me to investigate for you, email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com for further assistance.

I'm resisting the urge to "like" every single post, since it's wonderful to see all the positivity here! Everyone's ATS feedback is much appreciated, and I'll be sure to document this particular thread URL where the appropriate GM teams can view it.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service
    Thank you Katie, nice to see GM's presence here. If you noticed both Fraggy and I are Bimmer drivers, looking at the ATS with great interest, will the GM team throw us a bone or two?

Seriously though, I know ATS is still new, but hope there is plan to introduce more trims or packages, such as more sporty body kits and performance parts. A black-out trim and lowered body would be nice also.

Keep up the good work.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.