Cadillac Owners Forum banner

New ATS Driver, What is Your Age?

88K views 419 replies 303 participants last post by  DapperATS 
#1 ·
This is something I am curious about. It's small size may deter older driver, and its driving dynamics may attract younger ones.

Also, fun driving obviously is a major factor in your decision, what are some other reasons made you to choose ATS?

#3 ·
Im 33. Had a 2003 CTS until I traded it in on a SRT-10 Ram. Loved the power, couldn't hang with the MPG over two years of ownership. Traded in the SRT for the ATS, felt I had to get back in a Caddy. Great decision. Im blown away how far this interior has come since my CTS days. Someday i'll get the lux of Cadillac/power of the SRT in one package. V-series....until then the ATS is a great choice.

#7 ·
Just turned 54 and ordered RWD, 2.0L Performance w/ 18" machined wheels on my b-day. This is smallest car I've driven for my daily, but is by far the most performance oriented I could ask for. Will be driving it in March and will feel half my age!!! Fortunately, I've been around the block a few times.

Enjoy.......all us lucky ones.

#8 ·
I'm 32 and traded in a 2010 Camaro for the ATS because we had our first baby a few months ago. 2 doors wasn't quite working as well as I had hoped. Glad I traded up! Haven't looked back.

I love the aesthetics of the ATS and we already own a 2010 SRX so quality was a given.

#14 ·
60 here also traded in a 2010 camaro. Camaro was fun great looks but still too heavy and too much plastic. However as things go we are all driving the next gen camaro with 4 doors. :) being an engineer like technology as well but performance, handling and fun to drive are important to me. Also not driving something that everyone else has once had a Plymouth prowler.

#10 ·
Just approaching 58.

Got the 2.0T AWD Premium automatic with Driver Assistance and Advanced Security.

This is a radical departure for me as I have been driving large sedans for decades and driving them over 400,000 km before buying new. I also tended to buy full size spares, and used the huge trunk space. I drive long distances, about 3 hrs plus each way, once a week, including early mornings, late nights, and a couple hours in Toronto's stop and go rush hour (almost all day) traffic. This is looking to be a nice ride for me - the superb seats, HID, HUD, remote start and Adaptive Cruise Control were high on my list of features. I knowingly accepted the limited rear room and tiny trunk... not regretting that choice either.

#11 · (Edited)
61, on my second Caddy (2003 CTS). The small size doesn't bother me, the front seats are more comfortable than my CTS, I just had to make sure my skis would fit in the back. As this is an AWD ski car for me, I'm still trying to keep active for an 'old guy'. My previous Cadillac experience, AWD, CUE, and styling sold me on the ATS.

#13 ·
I'm 45 and my last 4 Cadillacs have been Devilles. I still have my DTS. I love the big Caddies for road trips, but we getting tired of manuvering them around town (Atlanta). I wanted something small, powerful and luxurious at the same time. The ATS was build just for me! Now I have the big one for trips, and the small "hot rod" Cadillac daily driver.

#18 ·
jeffroeson said:
Atswatcher.....where are you going with this? It's general, but what does it do for your need to know? I see no Cadillac owned vehicles in your profile. Just curious.
As I said earlier, I am nearly in the identical situation as Fraggy, I mean literally everything he said:). But need to wait for my current 3 series lease to expire.

A lot has been said about Caddy's past and client base. It is good to see younger folks getting interested in the new Caddy, and older folks still young at heart. Thanks for sharing.

#41 ·
Thanks for kicking off this thread, Atswatcher! If you ever have ATS questions in the meantime and would like me to investigate for you, email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com for further assistance.

I'm resisting the urge to "like" every single post, since it's wonderful to see all the positivity here! Everyone's ATS feedback is much appreciated, and I'll be sure to document this particular thread URL where the appropriate GM teams can view it.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

#21 ·
I'm 57 my wife is 53, we traded in our 2009 Audi A4 Prem plus in on this 2.0 Prem ATS AWD. We will never own anything but AWD ever again. Cadillac never interested either of us because we don't like big cars and fell in love with German performance sedans. When we first test drove the Audi and BMW we couldn't get over how awesome they handled and how much fun they were to drive. The ATS gives us the same feeling and we had 3400 bucks in GM card money to spend so we went ATS and are very impressed so far.

#24 ·
A few of my friends called the ATS an "old man car". I don't let stuff like that bother me. The car is beautiful inside and out, pure luxury but drives like a sports car. I love it....let the haters keep talkin! :)
Had they seen the car yet?!?! I don't blame them for joking before they actually saw the car... my friends did as well. But if they still think it's an "old man's car" after seeing it.... they need their eyesight checked.

#28 ·
Anthony31188 said:
I'm 24! Do I win a prize? lol
Sorry, the record here so far is 23:)

But good for you young dudes making it and enjoy it early in life.

BTW did test drive a new Accord V6 CVT recently, are you kidding me? Those who drive Camry and Accord around have absolutely no business telling any other drivers anything, period. Not saying they are bad or anything, everyone has his/her own priorities.

#30 ·
I'm 38, seems I'm in the middle here! My first new car was a WRX 5-door, then a 328Xi wagon. My wife still has the BMW. The ATS was perfect since I needed 4 doors (We have a 6 month old) and I need to have a car that can handle backroads, has AWD, and doesn't guzzle gas. My first ever car was an 81 Impala...oh the glory days...didn't have much money then. But I worked on Chevys with my friends and hot rodded a few cars in our days. As much as I love the sound of big engines, I hate the gas ups. The ATS was the first car I even considered buying from an American car maker in 20 years. Despite living only 8 miles from work, I now take a 20 mile winding route every morning and night to simply enjoy this car. If this is the future of Cadillac, I suspect I may stay brand loyal for some time to come!

#32 ·
Mid-40's here. The two 20-something guys at work, after seeing and riding in mine, both rank it slightly below an A4 in their mind, and solidly above a 3-series. Mainly based on styling (inside and out). "Had no idea there was a Cadillac like this." Neither of them likes the looks of the 3-series AT ALL. These guys know little about HP ratings or driving dynamics, and don't care, really. Both of them will be shopping in the category within a few years, I'm sure.

#33 ·
I'm 47, last 2 cars were SAAB 9.3 Aeros, - Really miss the Bi-Xenon, adaptive, headlights and LEDs!!
Always liked the CTS but thought was too big for me, the ATS was a perfect fit when I saw it, bought the Luxury trim right off the lot. -( didn't learn the missing HID/LED till a few days later)
1,700 miles and still really love this car, the seating just fits perfectly, most comfortable car I've driven.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.