New ATS Driver, What is Your Age? - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, New ATS Driver, What is Your Age? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I'm 61, traded in my 2008 STS for an AWD ATS, White Diamond Premium, with sunroof, Driver Awareness, Cold weather ...
    rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Re: New ATS Driver, What is Your Age?

I'm 61, traded in my 2008 STS for an AWD ATS, White Diamond Premium, with sunroof, Driver Awareness, Cold weather package, and polished upgraded wheels. Had several Cadillacs before, including Coupe de Villes and Eldorados....this by far is the BEST Cadillac yet!

jeffroeson is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS Metallic Silver, 2.0L Turbo, Performance, Morello Red

Atswatcher.....where are you going with this? It's general, but what does it do for your need to know? I see no Cadillac owned vehicles in your profile. Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Atswatcher View Post
    This is something I am curious about. It's small size may deter older driver, and its driving dynamics may attract younger ones.

Also, fun driving obviously is a major factor in your decision, what are some other reasons made you to choose ATS?

Atswatcher is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffroeson
    Atswatcher.....where are you going with this? It's general, but what does it do for your need to know? I see no Cadillac owned vehicles in your profile. Just curious.
    As I said earlier, I am nearly in the identical situation as Fraggy, I mean literally everything he said. But need to wait for my current 3 series lease to expire.

A lot has been said about Caddy's past and client base. It is good to see younger folks getting interested in the new Caddy, and older folks still young at heart. Thanks for sharing.

WillinSD is offline Cadillac Owners Member

28 here, previously drove a 2000 Pontiac Firebird

MyfirstCad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Thundergray 13 ATS Performance V6

36 traded in from a Honda Pilot

JSATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 premium

I'm 57 my wife is 53, we traded in our 2009 Audi A4 Prem plus in on this 2.0 Prem ATS AWD. We will never own anything but AWD ever again. Cadillac never interested either of us because we don't like big cars and fell in love with German performance sedans. When we first test drove the Audi and BMW we couldn't get over how awesome they handled and how much fun they were to drive. The ATS gives us the same feeling and we had 3400 bucks in GM card money to spend so we went ATS and are very impressed so far.

Anthony31188 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 AWD

I'm 24! Do I win a prize? lol

I traded in my 2011 Dodge Challenger V6 (vomit...what a pile of ****!!)

A few of my friends called the ATS an "old man car". I don't let stuff like that bother me. The car is beautiful inside and out, pure luxury but drives like a sports car. I love it....let the haters keep talkin!

xtheunknown is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.5L

49. I leased a Radiant Silver 2.5L ATS with sunroof and heated seats. Great car. Much nicer than the 2000 BMW 325i I leased.

----------

I too owned a V6 Challenger. I was so mad when they came out with the 305HP Pentastar the year after I bought mine. I traded it for a Jetta TDI and now my ATS. How is it an "old man's car?" Because it's a Cadillac? Tell anybody that says this to you to go pound sand.

danscrim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony31188 View Post
    A few of my friends called the ATS an "old man car". I don't let stuff like that bother me. The car is beautiful inside and out, pure luxury but drives like a sports car. I love it....let the haters keep talkin!
    Had they seen the car yet?!?! I don't blame them for joking before they actually saw the car... my friends did as well. But if they still think it's an "old man's car" after seeing it.... they need their eyesight checked.

Quote Originally Posted by danscrim View Post
    Had they seen the car yet?!?! I don't blame them for joking before they actually saw the car... my friends did as well. But if they still think it's an "old man's car" after seeing it.... they need their eyesight checked.
    Haha it is just a bit of jealousy! All my friends are around my age and I'm the only one with a "nice car". I have a good job for a young guy and happen to get a great deal on my lease. I am probably paying around the same as my one friend pays for his lease on his loaded accord....this is the friend that called it an old man car.

Like I said, I'm too mature to let that stuff bother me. As long as I'm happy with it.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by xtheunknown View Post
    I too owned a V6 Challenger. I was so mad when they came out with the 305HP Pentastar the year after I bought mine.
    Mine was the 305 Pentastar. Not only was it STILL underpowered, but it just handled like garbage. I felt like I was driving around in a 69 coupe deville. The car is a total boat. Combined with the terrible visibility, and slipping and sliding every where when it rained....I hated it! I had it for 8 months and had to trade it in.

mrstecks is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

I'm 50, and got my ATS (2.0T, Premium, Black Diamond) because I am deep into my midlife crisis (and loving it...hahaha).
    I've only ever owned little economy cars (traded in a 2004 Corolla) so I am absolutely loving the performance and style of my ATS.

Cheers,
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mrstecks View Post
    I'm 50, and got my ATS (2.0T, Premium, Black Diamond) because I am deep into my midlife crisis (and loving it...hahaha).
    I've only ever owned little economy cars (traded in a 2004 Corolla) so I am absolutely loving the performance and style of my ATS.

Cheers,
    Mark
    Enjoy it man....you only live once! My father only drove used beaters his entire life. Always put the family first so never had nice things for himself. Recently retired to Florida and got himself a brand new Acura TSX. You guys have been workin hard your whole lives, you deserve it!

Atswatcher is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony31188
    I'm 24! Do I win a prize? lol
    Sorry, the record here so far is 23

But good for you young dudes making it and enjoy it early in life.

BTW did test drive a new Accord V6 CVT recently, are you kidding me? Those who drive Camry and Accord around have absolutely no business telling any other drivers anything, period. Not saying they are bad or anything, everyone has his/her own priorities.

Its an ATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS Premium 3.6 AWD
    I'm 27, I traded my C6 Z06 for mine and sold my 09 TSX. Just started a new job. Having a Z06 toy just wasn't in the cards anymore... I'm looking to pick up a 69 Camaro project car though!
    Yplus and Yplus like this.

Yplus is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS4 Turbo

I'm 38, seems I'm in the middle here! My first new car was a WRX 5-door, then a 328Xi wagon. My wife still has the BMW. The ATS was perfect since I needed 4 doors (We have a 6 month old) and I need to have a car that can handle backroads, has AWD, and doesn't guzzle gas. My first ever car was an 81 Impala...oh the glory days...didn't have much money then. But I worked on Chevys with my friends and hot rodded a few cars in our days. As much as I love the sound of big engines, I hate the gas ups. The ATS was the first car I even considered buying from an American car maker in 20 years. Despite living only 8 miles from work, I now take a 20 mile winding route every morning and night to simply enjoy this car. If this is the future of Cadillac, I suspect I may stay brand loyal for some time to come!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.