Cadillac Owners Forum banner

New ATS Driver, What is Your Age?

88K views 419 replies 303 participants last post by  DapperATS 
#1 ·
This is something I am curious about. It's small size may deter older driver, and its driving dynamics may attract younger ones.

Also, fun driving obviously is a major factor in your decision, what are some other reasons made you to choose ATS?

#363 ·
I am 53 and wanted a Caddy since I saw my first STS. I don't have it yet as they had to do a factory order for me. Hopefully in 3-4 weeks from now. I went with the 3.6 Premium Coupe AWD, Driver Assist Package, Sunroof, Polished Wheels, Black on Black w/ silver interior and Black Diamond Tricoat paint.

I did a ton of research before buying the ATS. I compared and test drove the Lexus RC 350 F Sport, BMW 435 M Trim and Mercedes C350 sport. It came down to the Lexus and the ATS. The Mercedes was ruled out due to it being the last year before the redesign and the fact I really didn't like the Sales Rep. The BMW was eliminated due to the fact that BMWs are like belly buttons (everybody has one).

In the end the ATS one for a few reasons including the finance rate (0.9%) and I like all the technology. The idea of being able to start the car via my phone appeals to my inner geek.

Nice to meet you all...

Mike

#364 ·
I'm 27, traded in my 2013 Mustang GT for my new ATS 2.0T Luxury in Black Diamond Tricoat last week. The mustang was fun as a weekend driver, but I just got tired of the poor suspension/driving experience and lack of quality components.

I've been lurking on this forum and was a little concerned with issues some ATS owners have had, but I've had a great experience with it so far!

#373 ·
52 years young.

Just purchased May 8th a 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T RWD with a 6sp manual. Picked the car up with 9155 miles on it, and promptly drove it home from Dallas, TX to Bellevue, WA, adding a quick 2575 miles on it. Why did I go to Dallas to buy a used car? Have you searched for a manual used ATS? Few and far between. Visited my son in Temple, TX (stationed @ Ft. Hood) and then made a Spring road trip out of it... a very nice adventure!

I've always been an euro sports car enthusiast so this is quite a change for me. My car owning history is littered with about 15 Alfa Romeos, a '94 E36 BMW325i, and a '86 MB 190E 2.3-16v. I still own a few Alfas, but I needed to get a modern car (with a warranty) for my DD. This baby Caddy doesn't disappoint. So nimble and eager. I'm really having a blast with this car!

#375 ·
Hoosier Daddy said:
Good move. I have no idea how good of a car the Merc was but I HATE hood seams on the side of any car! LoL
It was a fun car to drive but the $800 "oil" changes were getting old. The service was 2x's a year and had to either go to dealer or a mechanic who specialized in German cars.. Otherwise I never had an issue. Warranty expired and I was way to exposed given the cost to fix it..

Happy to drive a caddy!

#379 ·
duneless said:
What? $800 oil changes. Gold flaked oil? what other services were done? so $1600 for a years service? I haven't owned a Merc so this is new to me. You sure that's not a Ferrari? I know they are more expensive but damn. I'll pass.
Yup! They called them either a service A and B.. I put a lot of miles per year so they happened within the same year. Not fun!

#381 ·
First Caddy -2015 2.0 MANUAL Previous cars - all MANUAL 67 Firebird 72 Saab Sonnett (great car - had free wheeling) 87 SubaruXT 93 Mitsubishi 3000 96 Mitsubishi 3000 2006 Volvo C70T5 hardtop convertible - Manual is the only way to really know your car. (And I taught ex-wife and all subsequent girl friends how to drive them) Hope to love the Caddy too - so far so good. 73 years old

#388 ·
I turned 29 in early August and signed the papers for my 2013 Radiant Silver ATS AWD 3.6L Premium with 35k miles a couple weeks after. I previously drove a 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GT with a series III supercharged V6 (rated with 260 hp). I was looking for a sporty sedan with at least 300 hp as I wanted my next vehicle to perform better than my previous. I would rather own an American vehicle and my research kept pointing me to the ATS. I am very happy. I opted not for the 2.0T because I always said I was gonna mod my supercharged vehicle and never did so I probably would have never modded the 2.0T either. I knew I was buying pre-owned and I was hesitant buying a used turbo charged 4 in a recently new vehicle. Oh, and I like bigger engines... haha

#390 ·
Just purchased a '15 2.0T AWD Performance on Wednesday. 37 and was considering the new C Class, 3 Series and S3. Very, very happy with the dynamics and fit & finish of the vehicle. Cadillac has come along way, it's a shame that people my age and younger will not head to a dealership to give the ATS a consideration over the German comp.

#393 ·
I'm 19, my brother (17) and I got the ATS last year and we absolutely love it!
We have a 2013 2.0T Thunder Gray, and I have to admit that the car is absolutely awesome. The ATS cuts the turns so good, can't even believe it's a 4 door car.
I know my brother and I may be young for a Cadillac, but that just adds to the awesomeness of owning this car. All our friends who have similarly priced cars have either bmws or Mercedes, and pulling up in a Cadillac being this young really feels awesome, not leaving out the fact that we destroy 328s, C250s, and CLAs when they "race" us on the streets.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.