Just leased a 3.6 and have a few Qs
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Just leased a 3.6 and have a few Qs in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I just leased a loaded 3.6 premium. It drives like a rocket ship and sticks to the road like glue! ...
    Livid is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 Premium

Just leased a 3.6 and have a few Qs

I just leased a loaded 3.6 premium. It drives like a rocket ship and sticks to the
    road like glue!

I noticed that when I complete a turn, the turn signal doesn't automatically click
    off. I have to move the lever back to neutral myself. Maybe I'm old school, but I
    thought the signal going off was standard behavior?

When I pulled into the garage there was quite a strong burning smell coming from
    the engine. I had smelled it at a stop light earlier, but I assumed it was another
    car. Nope, it was me. Is that just the newness burning off? There were only 14
    miles on the car when I drove it off the lot.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Jones atsnh is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Ats 2.0t Premium

Re: Just leased a 3.6 and have a few Qs

Quote Originally Posted by Livid View Post
    I just leased a loaded 3.6 premium. It drives like a rocket ship and sticks to the
    road like glue!

I noticed that when I complete a turn, the turn signal doesn't automatically click
    off. I have to move the lever back to neutral myself. Maybe I'm old school, but I
    thought the signal going off was standard behavior?

When I pulled into the garage there was quite a strong burning smell coming from
    the engine. I had smelled it at a stop light earlier, but I assumed it was another
    car. Nope, it was me. Is that just the newness burning off? There were only 14
    miles on the car when I drove it off the lot.
    The smell: that is the newness and oil and whatever it is coating the exhaust. It will be gone very soon. The blinker: don't know what to tell you. Was it that you only made a half turn like in a rotary? Or was it a full blown turn? Mine works standardly like its supposed to. As a matter of fact, leave your blinker on for too long without turning and the car starts to beep an alert in sync with the blinker to get you to turn it off!! Check it out. This car just keeps showing great things like that everyday I drive it.

The burning smell has cleared up. The dealer took a look at my turn signal control and said it's defective. I'll have to bring it in for service. The more you drive this car the more there is to like! I especially like CUE and the HUD.

AtlantaGuy00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS, 2013 ATS

My dealer told me that Cadillac has a new requirement that all new cars be test driven by the dealership a min. of 25 miles in order to catch these types of issues before they can deliver the cars. Mine had 24 miles on it even though I was the only customer that ever drove it.... Anyway, congratulations on your car. You're gonna love it!

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaGuy00 View Post
    My dealer told me that Cadillac has a new requirement that all new cars be test driven by the dealership a min. of 25 miles in order to catch these types of issues before they can deliver the cars. Mine had 24 miles on it even though I was the only customer that ever drove it.... Anyway, congratulations on your car. You're gonna love it!
    HA!HA!....I think your dealer and others were out for a little joyriding....mine had 4 miles on odometer when I picked mine up; never heard of a requirement of test driving for 25 miles...

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    And if so they'd need a checklist of things to try out.

AtlantaGuy00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS, 2013 ATS

Well, if they had driven mine 49 miles they would have had it towed back to the dealership instead of me. Lol. But alls well that ends well. Now 2000 miles on it and nothing else major wrong with it. My issue was a fluke.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Well, if they had driven mine 49 miles they would have had it towed back to the dealership instead of me. Lol. But alls well that ends well. Now 2000 miles on it and nothing else major wrong with it. My issue was a fluke.
    Glad to hear you've been able to enjoy your ATS recently, AtlantaGuy! If you ever want me to document your dealer feedback, don't hesitate to email me (Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com).

Quote Originally Posted by Livid View Post
    The burning smell has cleared up. The dealer took a look at my turn signal control and said it's defective. I'll have to bring it in for service. The more you drive this car the more there is to like! I especially like CUE and the HUD.
    Thanks for the update and the feedback, Livid! I'm sorry you've had these frustrations with your ATS, and if you would ever like assistance working with your dealer, I'm just an email away! I'm always happy to contact your dealer on your behalf to follow up on concerns, etc.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Most have between 5-10...

My ATS has been at the dealer two days awaiting a replacement part for the turn signal. I'm starting to like the XTS loaner they gave me. Come tomorrow I will have had the XTS as long as I had my ATS.

Lifer is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS 1SG, 2001 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

Back when Lincoln was really building fine cars, the 1956 and 1957 Continental was a low2-volumn masterpiece. Every car was driven around a test track for somewhere 50-100 miles before being sent to the eler. QC was job 1 back then.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.