How about the ATS superior surround sound system?
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, How about the ATS superior surround sound system? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; The sound system in the ATS literally blew me away! I loved my 2008 STS, but never thought much of ...
    rustybear3 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

How about the ATS superior surround sound system?

The sound system in the ATS literally blew me away! I loved my 2008 STS, but never thought much of the 15 speaker Bose system....eh....it was ok. However, the Bose System in the ATS is in a league of it's own! I'm opened to the recently new world of HD FM.....rivals anything I've heard including cd's, fidelity-wise. What do others think? What special features of the audio system do you like (or don't)?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DavidL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 92 Allanté, 2013 ATS4

Re: How about the ATS superior surround sound system?

I fully agree; I really liked the Surround Bose system in my 2 CTS (08 and 10), but I think the ATS system is superior. I'm a musician by 'trade' and profession, so I am always very critical of sound systems.

David
    Vsochs likes this.

howcome is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

I was listening to an Eagles song and I noticed a lot of things I had never heard before. The only problem is when I let my son listen to modern rap (I love old school rap) I actually hear the crap a lot clearer. I am a big fan of electro so the system is booming and so clear. Big thumbs up.

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    The 08 STS had either an 8 speaker or a 15 speaker system. Which one did you have? Also were you the original owner? I ask as one or more of the previous owners could have beat up the sound system making it not sound as good to you. I guess the simple answer would be did it have oem Nav? As all of the Nav unit car had the 15 speaker system.

blue_skies is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6L Luxury

Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    The sound system in the ATS literally blew me away! I loved my 2008 STS, but never thought much of the 12 speaker Bose system....eh....it was ok. However, the Bose System in the ATS is in a league of it's own! I'm opened to the recently new world of HD FM.....rivals anything I've heard including cd's, fidelity-wise. What do others think? What special features of the audio system do you like (or don't)?
    Don't know which STS trim you have, nor the quality of your system. In my STS, all speakers were replaced under warranty, and the sound quality was definitely superior to that of the ATS with the upgraded Bose system. I remember that the STS has a 12" woofer using the entire trunk as a chamber - the ATS has not nearly the same kind of bass response.

I put an aftermarket 10" woofer in my other car, and it also sounds much better than the ATS with premium sound. The woofer alone was driven by a 120W amp, it made a difference.

I find that the ATS' stereo sounds warm and muffled, and I cannot get a crisp response like in the other setups. Mind you, I am playing same MP3 music in all setups, and have different genres to compare with.

What the ATS does have is the active noise cancellation, ie. it takes a lower volume to hear proper music renditions. And yes, I have the Bose audio pilot set to ON, like similar options in past cars.

Yes, the ATS' stereo sounds great, as in above average car stereos, but I have had better. (I have the upgraded Bose system)'

RXUYDC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6L Premium

Personally I think the Bose system is one of the weak spots of the car. It is adequate, but not much more. There is a pretty limited ability to customize the sound, and the sounds just feels insubstantial and gets very tiring after a while. Our XC60 has a much better system. Go listen to a B&W in Jaguar XF (MSRP pretty close to my ATS) and compare the difference.

Also, while I really appreciate the connectivity options for iPods etc, I think there should be a (driver accessible) 6 disc CD changer if audio is a priority.

rustybear3 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp View Post
    The 08 STS had either an 8 speaker or a 15 speaker system. Which one did you have? Also were you the original owner? I ask as one or more of the previous owners could have beat up the sound system making it not sound as good to you. I guess the simple answer would be did it have oem Nav? As all of the Nav unit car had the 15 speaker system.
    I was the original owner and complained to dealership (and listened to other newer STS (2010) on lot) and they all sounded the same no matter how I adjusted it: substandard and crappy to my ears; and yes I had the top of the line (15 spkr) system. As opposed to others (maybe I'm just lucky or they need to have their sound system checked) the bose system on my ATS is superb! I'm a professional TV photographer/editor for a major market station and quite picky about audio: best sound system I've EVER heard or owned in a Cadillac....Period!!!

pever is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium with Driver Assist & Adv Security

Pistols at dawn, I think.

Blk99vett is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

I'm actually downloading a ton of music into my iPod as I type...this stereo is unreal. If anyone wants to hear an awesome song through this stereo, download Michael Buble's "Cry me a river"...strings, horns, great percussion and incredible reverb...oddball song but it really showcases this system...

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    I need to hear this for myself. My '09 V is ok enough to live with.

But its nothing like the custom systems I ran in the '90s and early 2000s.
    mrrairai76 and mrrairai76 like this.

mrrairai76 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium WDT, 2011 Denali WDT

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    I need to hear this for myself. My '09 V is ok enough to live with.

But its nothing like the custom systems I ran in the '90s and early 2000s.
    Man do I miss my custom systems. SQ and SPL!!!

Wideband is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by howcome
    I was listening to an Eagles song and I noticed a lot of things I had never heard before. ..... Big thumbs up.
    Great taste in Music. Just saw them in concert last month in Vegas and they still sound great!

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Thanks, everyone! I'm loving all the ATS surround sound feedback so far! It's great to see both Michael Buble and Eagles fans are appreciating the fantastic Bose system, and I'm going to document everyone's feedback (as well as the STS feedback) where the appropriate GM teams can view your opinions.

Feel free to send me a private message or email (Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com) if you have any additional comments on the sound quality!

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

YankeeVic is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE... Yet
    What's the highest you've turned the volume up to? I don't think I've gone above like 40...

Sir CussFreq is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Raven Black ATS

I think the system sounds great! I've had a couple reggae songs come on through Pandora or the iPod, and the sound was pretty much perfect. Great frequency separation, and I have way less road noise interference than any other car I've ever owned. I wouldn't mind an upgraded sub, but I can certainly live with the stock system (that's saying a lot for an oem!)

The spatial soundstage adjustments (driver, center, etc) are a nice touch - although it would be nice if you could just drag the centerpoint to pan and fade, instead of having to click the arrows for F/R and L/R... Small buttons, not easy to do while driving.

Definitely gone above 40... I generally listen between 40 and 50. No distortion yet! But I put a cup holder ashtray in my door as a coin holder, and the coins tend to rattle ... One time while the system was booting up, it wasn't being responsive and I guess I slid my finger over the volume pad a few times, once the system finally responded it turned the volume up to max really quickly then muted itself. All happened in a split second, seemed like a safety feature for just that kind of situation.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.