How about the ATS superior surround sound system? - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, How about the ATS superior surround sound system? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I guess that's the point: without ANY modifications, this sound system is spot on in terms of spatial separation, frequency ...
    rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Re: How about the ATS superior surround sound system?

I guess that's the point: without ANY modifications, this sound system is spot on in terms of spatial separation, frequency response and sound....as I said, I've owned a number of Caddys in my time, and this has the best sound system (stock) I've ever heard to date!

BT5150 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Escalade Hybrid

My parents who are in their early 80's but who are still in great health and very "with it" as far as things go, just traded their 2010 CTS which had the top Bose system installed in for a 2014 ATS with the optional 10 speaker Bose system. I consider myself to be a "reasonable audiophile"-I love music and great sound systems, within reason. I always love to sample the audio system on any car I'm in that has a premium system, whether its a factory setup or an aftermarket system and I rate the ATS's system quite highly, I'd say its definitely a step up from the previous gen CTS's top Bose system and one of the best I've heard yet as far as factory systems go.

I'd especially give it high marks for the midbass, mids and highs, I'd love to see a little more at the very low end, but that's something lacking somewhat in every factory system I've ever heard which is because getting great low end would require a fairly large subwoofer enclosure in the trunk. That would eat up a fair amount of trunk space, something that I highly doubt any automaker would ever do.
    Hoosier Daddy likes this.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

I dont have the premium systm, but I HAVE listened to the premium system many times in the XTS and it sounds fantastic!

Hot Rod Joe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 Manual STD

9015602_61.jpg

I owned only one car which had a proper subwoofer from the factory. Yes it did eat up some of the already small trunk. It gives as much bass as I would ever want. The standard radio in the ATS isnt bad if you turn up the bass. The a-pilar mounted tweeters do add some crispness even at lower volumes.

Drwilsc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac ATS 3.6 AWD Premium White Diamond

I think the premium system is almost identical in quality to the system in my old G37, which also had a 10-speaker Bose.

bluecrayon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    I have the standard system in my ats and I go back and forth....I'm coming from a 97 z28 with an 8 speaker setup plus an added 12" kicker sub so obviously it's much better. The ats Bose system is really nice at highs and some midrange, just obviously lacking at lows. It's just inconsistent... I'll notice some lower frequencies really resonate and sound great then the very next sounds like crap.

sad as it is I honestly think the factory pioneer system in my old SS cobalt sounded better than the base system in the ATS.

RocketDawg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6 Performance, White Diamond Tricoat

I too think the ATS Bose system sounds great. In fact, it's as good as I've ever heard in any car when playing CDs or using a USB flash drive.

But honestly, I can't tell that FM HD sounds any better then regular FM. And of course, Sirius XM sounds crappy ... but that's not the ATS's fault.

don.davis is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD Performance

Needs more "oomph", IMO. Could definitely use some more bass. I do find it to be nice and clear, though, and enjoy the AudioPilot feature and auto-volume leveling.

nyinstaller is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Ats 2.0l T

I think the system sounds pretty good however I too feel a bit more base is needed. Some times on certain songs at a volume level of about 40 or so the base starts to fart. now of course what can you expect from a free air sub. but still by far the best OEM system Ive heard in a while and Ive worked in the car audio industry for more than 15 years.

anyone here ever seen the pioneer system in the cobalts? they actually had a build in ported sub! sounded awesome! the base stereo sounds deent in these cars but it falls flat under the lows

Jayceejay is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T RWD

Stevo, I had the pioneer system in my old cobalt. The little 10 inch sub in the trunk really packed a punch. The ats has a great Bose system, but as many have pointed out it does seem to be inconsistent at times.

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

They all need more COWBELL!!!

77MINO77 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 T
    Quote Originally Posted by RXUYDC
    Personally I think the Bose system is one of the weak spots of the car. It is adequate, but not much more. There is a pretty limited ability to customize the sound, and the sounds just feels insubstantial and gets very tiring after a while. Our XC60 has a much better system. Go listen to a B&W in Jaguar XF (MSRP pretty close to my ATS) and compare the difference. Also, while I really appreciate the connectivity options for iPods etc, I think there should be a (driver accessible) 6 disc CD changer if audio is a priority.
    They still make cd's?

I'm coming from a '06 Mitsubishi eclipse which had a 10 speaker Rockford Fosgate system with a built in 10" sub in the trunk that I thought really pumped, but now with the premium Bose system In my ats it puts it to shame! Even without a kicker, yesterday a sweet electro song came on while driving home I cranked it to about 45 an loved every minute if it! I have zero complaints about this system! Well done!

don.davis is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD Performance

"B&W"?? Sounds kind of like a root beer brand. Did he mean "B&O" for "Bang and Olufsen?" Didn't know they made automotive audio... I'm visualizing the Jag with a wall-mounted see-through CD player.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.