Be Careful With Your Key Fob! - Page 3
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Be Careful With Your Key Fob! in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Got 2 silicone covers off of Amazon for less than $20. A must to protect the FOB....
    nc-atsman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS
    Got 2 silicone covers off of Amazon for less than $20. A must to protect the FOB.

bluztoo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 AST, 2.0T, Prem. AT, RWD
    Post the URL. Prefer silicone to leather. Probably lighter and I really don't need to make the fob much larger.

pever is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium with Driver Assist & Adv Security

Re: Be Careful With Your Key Fob!

I picked up a couple black silicone ones on Amazon. They keep the key in place and they have a neat cut-out on the back to expose the Cadillac emblem. HOWEVER, with these ones you cannot read the symbols without looking very closely as they are black-on-black.
    http://www.amazon.com/iJDMTOY-Silico...d_rhf_se_s_t_1

There are some that appear to have a luminescent paint on the symbols ... (hmmm, strange paint, China-based seller .... heck, I have had all the children I plan on having!)
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/281019780432...A:3160&vxp=mtr

bluecrayon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    Funny, I was going to say something about this as well...I've had the same thing happen several times, plus it always seems to have buttons pressed while in my pocket. I can't tell you how many times I've accidentally had the panic go off or go to my car and find the trunk open!

JSATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 premium

I'm glad to read I wasn't the only one who had issues with these dumb fobs.

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Quote Originally Posted by JSATS View Post
    I'm glad to read I wasn't the only one who had issues with these dumb fobs.
    I think that they maybe changed the tension or fit of the fob's perhaps due to complaints or something because my 11 CTS I couldn't even get them apart lol

glenroebuck is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 AWD 2013

i just take the fob with me most of the time...easier to carry then all my keys and loyalty cards

KD1007 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Dear cadillac my ats turbo is a nice car but !

The fob is way to expensive ! Why upset your customer with this expense ?????????????? Im not happy with this at all

we all lose keys and fobs if you want to keep us happy treat us right on replacement price

also i dont like the little cap that covers the keyhole especially in the frozen winter

you need a new id system
    so i dont need any key or fob to enter the car and start it

lincoln has the keyless entry now you need a keyless code or id to enter & start the car be ist not last !

Make me want to lease my next cadillac vs going to lincoln

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by KD1007 View Post
    Dear cadillac my ats turbo is a nice car but !

The fob is way to expensive ! Why upset your customer with this expense ?????????????? Im not happy with this at all

we all lose keys and fobs if you want to keep us happy treat us right on replacement price

also i dont like the little cap that covers the keyhole especially in the frozen winter

you need a new id system
    so i dont need any key or fob to enter the car and start it

lincoln has the keyless entry now you need a keyless code or id to enter & start the car be ist not last !

Make me want to lease my next cadillac vs going to lincoln
    I don't know what a dealer sells them for but I bought a new one on eBay for $34. If you are talking about needing a dealer or someone else with special equipment to program a new one, you can avoid that by getting a spare BEFORE you lose or break one (you say everyone does it) so you can program it yourself as described in the owners manual. The reason you need 2 working fobs to program a new one yourself is to prevent valets, etc from making a copy. That's pretty universal among automakers.

Why are you using a keyhole at all? If you have a fob, you just push the button on the door handle and the door(s) unlock. Even if you don't have that feature, just push the unlock button on the fob. You need the fob anyway to drive the car, so I don't understand why you are you using the keyhole.

As to a keypad, I would never want to key in a code when I can just touch the door handle with my fob in my pocket?
    don.davis likes this.

don.davis is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD Performance

Exactly, mine lives in my pocket all day until I get home. I never even touch it.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

I dont have passlock I have to take mine out and the thing has fallen off more times than I can count

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.