It's here!! - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, It's here!! in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by Cisitalia That looks really nice and great color combination. Is your ATS all wheel drive? Thanks for ...
    Jones atsnh is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Ats 2.0t Premium

Re: It's here!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cisitalia View Post
    That looks really nice and great color combination. Is your ATS all wheel drive? Thanks for posting the pictures.
    Thanks a lot Cisitalia. I have the manual transmission therefore no on the AWD. I'll be switching out the tires to snow tires in a day or two.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fraggy View Post
    Beautiful!!! Love the wheels.
    Thanks Fraggy. Those, as you already know, come standard with the Premium collection. Have noticed how the auto dimming in the mirrors and the adaptive front headlamps make night time driving something that you now WANT to do? It's like driving in the day: no glare and bright as a bell!! This car is, indeed, incredible.

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    I was excited to learn those were the standard wheels for premium. So many like the upgraded wheels, but those are my favs.

I don't have an ATS yes so have not really experienced any of the features yet. Hopefully by summer

Quote Originally Posted by Fraggy View Post
    I was excited to learn those were the standard wheels for premium. So many like the upgraded wheels, but those are my favs.

I don't have an ATS yes so have not really experienced any of the features yet. Hopefully by summer
    Well, when you do get the ATS you will be blown away !!

marktanner is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel

Jones, I am also strongly considering a similar car. A couple of questions. First, how is your shifter? I tried one briefly and it seemed a bit notchy but pretty good for not being broken in. Second how are the lights, especially the high beams? I had a 2.5 Luxury loaner and thought the brights were atrocious, especially compared to the HIDs on my CTS-V, but I haven't been able to test the ATS HIDs yet. Third, how is the ride? I thought the standard sport suspension was a bit stiff, and occasionally would skip on roads that my V would glide over. My impression is that the MRC on the Premium is a bit smoother and more supple, while handling even better, though I was only able to do the briefest of testing. Had you been able to compare the two suspensions?

Your car is beatiful, BTW. Congratulations.

rustybear3 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

I've just noticed the subtly of the side fins reminiscent of the the side fins of the 1962 coupe or Sedan DeVille of yesteryear. Coincidence or did they design it that way on purpose or just break up the lines of the body?

Quote Originally Posted by marktanner View Post
    Jones, I am also strongly considering a similar car. A couple of questions. First, how is your shifter? I tried one briefly and it seemed a bit notchy but pretty good for not being broken in. Second how are the lights, especially the high beams? I had a 2.5 Luxury loaner and thought the brights were atrocious, especially compared to the HIDs on my CTS-V, but I haven't been able to test the ATS HIDs yet. Third, how is the ride? I thought the standard sport suspension was a bit stiff, and occasionally would skip on roads that my V would glide over. My impression is that the MRC on the Premium is a bit smoother and more supple, while handling even better, though I was only able to do the briefest of testing. Had you been able to compare the two suspensions?

Your car is beatiful, BTW. Congratulations.
    Thanks Mark.
    The shifter is fine for me, however, because of its tightness I can see how some would have an issue with it. It reminds me a little bit of the shifter in a Honda civic and prelude I used to drive in the 80s. Fits right into place ONCE you know the place to put it in. I prefer shifters like this instead of the loosey- goosey type say in the Hyundai Accent that my son owns.
    The lights are like driving in the day time for me. The brights are not needed but I notice that the brights really light up the upper portion of the horizon. And like I said in a previous post the auto dimming of the side view and rear view mirror is really something to behold! I'm so used to be in slight pain from the glare when I drive at night. NOT NOW.
    Now on your question about the ride: I grew up with my parents Sedan Deville that car had that smooth as glass ride. The ATS is not that. It is a total " let's hit it and have some fun" type of ride. Yes the MRC hide many of the bumps and bruises of the road but the overall ride is stiff and the chassis is stiff (as hell) and the overall feel begs me to take corners at speeds above anyone else on the road. It is so tight that it feels like the car can drive itself sometime, it tracks that well. This is a sports sedan and it is better than the BMW because I test drove it a couple of months ago. Twice. The ATSes ride might not be for grandma unless she likes to let loose once in a while.

Hope I answered your questions and sorry to have taken so long to reply. Been busy driving. Have a road trip planned to New Orleans ina few weeks!! From NH.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    I've just noticed the subtly of the side fins reminiscent of the the side fins of the 1962 coupe or Sedan DeVille of yesteryear. Coincidence or did they design it that way on purpose or just break up the lines of the body?
    Yeeeaa! I think I see what you are looking at. I think that is one of the bedrock design features of the Caddy along with the vertical rear lights I didn't notice that before.

bmcleod is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium ATS 2.0LT AWD
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones atsnh
    Exactly 6 weeks ago to the day I ordered a Premium 2.0t manual transmission Thunder Gray Chromflair with Caramel/Jet Black Accents/ Dark Olive Ash Wood Trim. With power Sunroof and 18' Machined Finish Forged Aluminum wheels. Today I spoke with my salesman and the car arrived last night. Because of work I have to wait untill Monday morning 9am to pick it up. I have yet to see one on the roads of NH, and I've been looking!! There will be one on the road come Monday morning with a happy ass driver behind the wheel!! Will post pics when it's in my garage. dde0f
    Congratulations Jones, I ordered a Premium with same colors about a week after you, mine AWD. Yours looks great and reinforces my choice, I hope this also means mine will be built soon.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.