2.5 L ATS good buy or not
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, 2.5 L ATS good buy or not in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I'm looking into getting a ATS and trying to stay within a budget. The two cars I'm looking at are ...
    macintoshse1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

2.5 L ATS good buy or not

I'm looking into getting a ATS and trying to stay within a budget. The two cars I'm looking at are a 2.5L with CUE preferred pricing is $34,688 or a 2.0L without CUE for $35134. I guess the question is would you buy a ATS without CUE. After driving both cars I could live with the 2.5L. But 2.0L pulls like a freight train and there is still power above 75, while the 2.5L appears to be running out of steam.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

exesivefire is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0t AWD
    That's a hard question... I love the cue

BUT I couldn't imagine less power than my 2.0t

zr1mom is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS Prem 2.0T AWD Black Raven Red

Re: 2.5 L ATS good buy or not

I would have to go with the 2.0T over the CUE, it's all about the driving experience. :-)
    ben.gators and ben.gators like this.

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by zr1mom
    I would have to go with the 2.0T over the CUE, it's all about the driving experience. :-)
    I agree.

frankc5r is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2.0 ATS Premium

Quote Originally Posted by zr1mom View Post
    I can live without CUE without a problem but the 2.0 is soooo much more fun than 2.5 and gets as good mileage if u can not hotrod
    all the time. U did not mention trans but if automatic the 2.0 is a good match to auto with fast downshift and good throttle response.
    With the 2.0 if u need to gain a few mph to pass it is just a gentle push of throttle rather than mashing throttle with 2.5.
    Pick 2.0, u will not be sorry.
    frank

YankeeVic is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE... Yet
    CUE enhances the driving experience but if you haven't experienced it yet, you won't know what you are missing. If you have to choose one, I'd go with the 2.0T. I love driving that car. Over the course of a six year loan, having CUE isn't that much more expensive per month. You might have to take your lunch to work a couple times per week but its worth it. In fact, eat your lunch in your new car while listening to the CUE system. Ha!

Seriously, the 2.0T is nice.

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Easy...go with both CUE and the 2.0T....save up for the difference if you must; trust me you will not be sorry...

slowdriver is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Still negotiating

The cars are starting to be stacked on the lots, the dealer you are dealing with can get what ever that your budget can afford.

Quote Originally Posted by slowdriver View Post
    The cars are starting to be stacked on the lots, the dealer you are dealing with can get what ever that your budget can afford.
    Your right about that, my dealer has over 40 ATS sitting on the lot, for such a hot car its not selling very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by macintoshse1 View Post
    Your right about that, my dealer has over 40 ATS sitting on the lot, for such a hot car its not selling very fast.
    First of all, we're talking dead of winter, secondly most people are ordering their cars in the beginning of a new model.....come spring when the weather gets nicer, most of the lot cars will start to disappear. With peoples salaries down, job uncertainty, and a lower standard of living, all luxury vehicles will have a slower time moving off the lots.

Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    First of all, we're talking dead of winter, secondly most people are ordering their cars in the beginning of a new model.....come spring when the weather gets nicer, most of the lot cars will start to disappear. With peoples salaries down, job uncertainty, and a lower standard of living, all luxury vehicles will have a slower time moving off the lots.
    True, but I live in south Louisiana and our winter is 2-3 weeks with highs in the 40. Most days it's 60 and sunny.

Maybe it's just your area.....elsewhere even with the depressed economy US luxury car sales are at an all year high.....

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/dec...sales-20121222

marktanner is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel

Another possibility: 2.0 with a stick saves enough money to afford the CUE. All 2.0s get the Brembo brakes and upgraded wheels with run flats, and the sticks all come with a limited slip differential, too. The base 2.0 stick is a true performance bargain. CUE adds the upgraded sound system, CD player and rear back-up camera, as well as a whole lot more smart phone integration that is lacking in the base system. Don't forget the iPad that also is included with the CUE system, which takes some of the sting out of the price.

I've driven both the 2.5 Luxury as a loaner, and the 2.0 stick Luxury test drive. The 2.5 is adequate, but the 2.0 is really much nicer. It is smoother and better sounding, as well as being much quicker and more fun to drive. And the base 2.0 has much better looking wheels, than the wheels on the 2.5, not to mention the great brakes. Really worth the difference, IMO.

RXUYDC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6L Premium

I would go with the 2.0T also, for all the reason stated, but I think it all depends on how you use the car, and your expectations. How much power and driving fun do you really need in a commute in heavy traffic?

If budget is really fixed, you could look at the Buick Regal GS 2.0T...

Did the math again the base 2.0T/auto with only CUE is $35,615 with no other options. I believe this is the way I'm going to go, just going have to save a little more money before I get it.

ATS.jpg

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.