Tire/Wheel Size Combinations
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Tire/Wheel Size Combinations in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Hello, I just got a Premium with the 18" wheels and summer tires. I have a set of winter tires ...
    crazedcadaver is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 Premium RWD

Tire/Wheel Size Combinations

Hello,

I just got a Premium with the 18" wheels and summer tires. I have a set of winter tires that are 225/50R17. If I get a set of OEM 17" will they work? ATS's with 17" come with 225/45R17's. It looks like it won't be a problem with the slight increase. What do you think?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cisitalia is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 3.6 RWD WDT/LPB

Re: Tire/Wheel Size Combinations

Well the luxury, performance and premium have Brembo brakes. The luxury and performance come standard with 17" diameter wheels. So OEM 17" should be fine for your premium model. The winter tires have a slightly higher profile that will cause your speedometer to read 3.8% lower. So when the speedometer reads 60 mph your actual speed will be 62.3 mph. I would think that would be an acceptable compromise to avoid buying new winter tires. When these are worn out get the 225/45-17". Check out tirerack.com for their 17" wheels and TPMS, then install your tires. They have some available for our cars, but not a good selection (alot of ugly wheels) but should be adequate for winter wheels.

Good luck with the new car and enjoy it in the winter as well.

Thank you - I put in the ATS specs and got the results for wheels that work (89 of them). Should I assume that all the wheels work in the results? I saw your other post about hubcentricity and offsets of about ET 42. What about backspacing? I'm just a little confused and I want make sure I get ones that fit.

Cisitalia is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 3.6 RWD WDT/LPB

Their website is pretty good and accurate. What I would do is look at the different wheels and specs and pick a style that you like and call them. They can ease your mind and assure you of a proper fitment. Pretty easy and they have great service. Where abouts do you live in snow country? We don't get much snow here in Charlotte, but some times we get snow and ice mainly, but cold temperatures don't allow our summer tires to stick well. So I am in search of another set of wheels and all season tires.

I am in Northeast PA. Last year we hardly got any snow. We recently got a decent amount this past week. It is very cold too. The night I got the car I pulled into my driveway that was not 100% cleared and I got stuck. We have a new FWD Taurus with snows and it goes right through so there wasn't a need to clear everything. My car has 225/40RF18's in the front and 255/35RF18's in the back. I just called a tire place and he told me that I will have to order them and Bridgestone or maybe Continental are my only options to run on the stock wheels.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.