B pillars / blind spot?
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, B pillars / blind spot? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Ok, something to mention here: the B pillars block more of the "over-the-shoulder-rear-view" than I have been used to in ...
    blue_skies is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6L Luxury

B pillars / blind spot?

Ok, something to mention here: the B pillars block more of the "over-the-shoulder-rear-view" than I have been used to in other cars.

Maybe it is the seating position (too far backward - I am 6'), or maybe it is the B pillar thickness, or perhaps the pillar is too far forward, but something does not feel right about the B pillar and over-the-shoulder-rear-view.

I passed a CTS on the way to the office, and noticed that it has the same 'fat' B pillars, but the driver is sitting more forward.

I am an experienced driver, yet I made two classic mistakes by not seeing traffic over my shoulder. No, they were not near misses, far from that, but I misjudged, being used to other cars/seating positions/obstructions. Won't happen again - I am now fully conscious of the obstruction issue and I warn other drivers in my car as well.

Is it just me, or have other 6' drivers experienced the same obstruction effect? Is the view blocked by the pillar being too far forward?

Fwiw - the entrance to the car would be greatly enhanced if the B pillar was moved back, just a tad, and so would my blocked view be. (I know I can move my seat a tad forward to achieve the same, but heck, it is just me in the car ....)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Huh?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.