Reduced engine power
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Reduced engine power in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; So I have had my new ATS for a week and a half, 250 miles on it. I have already ...
    howcome is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Reduced engine power

So I have had my new ATS for a week and a half, 250 miles on it. I have already had it in for service when the check engine light turned on. They said it was a faulty gas cap and replaced it, took a day and a half. On Christmas I was taking the family on a small trip when I had a very scary experience. Making a left on to a busy road I accelerated when all of the sudden the car felt like it downshifted. It was a very violent movement throwing everyone forward in their safety belts. This almost caused a very serious accident. The car was driving very slow and I managed to pull over. The check engine light, stability control and another light above that had illuminated. I also noticed the message Reduced Engine Power scrolling across the screen. I managed to get the car home at a slow pace. All of the warning lights had turned off except the check engine light. Road side assistance towed the car to the dealer and I am waiting to hear from them. This is crazy for a brand new car to have this many issues. I am now getting a bad feeling about my purchase. Anyone ever have a problems with a new car like this and how did the car company handle it? Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Re: Reduced engine power

Sounds like a stability/traction control issue. You did the right thing having it towed to the nearest dealer. Have they given you a suitable loaner while they fix it?

They gave me one the first time. I did not ask this time. I will wait to see how long they say repairs will be. If it's quick I don't need one, if it will be a while I will get one. The only thing I don't like is they use Enterprise for their loaners. Just one more level of crap to deal with, IMO.

shelby12 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

After following the forums there seems to be way too many problems with this car even considering it is new.

Its an ATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS Premium 3.6 AWD
    Quote Originally Posted by shelby12
    After following the forums there seems to be way too many problems with this car even considering it is new.
    I'm kind of curious when/if I experience my first major issue. Knock on wood, I've only had some minor software problems and one time my rear back up sensors detected an obstacle and wouldn't let me drive anywhere (I turned the sensors off/back back on and was able to drive)

mrrairai76 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium WDT, 2011 Denali WDT

Quote Originally Posted by shelby12 View Post
    It's called mass production. Things happen. We had to take ours in yesterday for an issue. If that issue had been on say a 2nd or 3rd generation ATS then I'd have an issue but it was something that Cadillac just found out and it was fixed.

Cisitalia is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 3.6 RWD WDT/LPB

Quote Originally Posted by shelby12 View Post
    I don't share the same conclusion though. It is human nature that we only hear about the problems and gripes. Others want to share their information out there to see if anyone else has the same problem and what was the fix. There are many others not experiencing problems and you don't hear posts saying "Wow no problems with my car and I love everything about it". I frequent other sites like BMW and Porsche and I hear many problems and gripes about their cars too and most are not new models like the ATS and are very established designs and manufacturing. So please don’t jump on the negative band wagon and cause unnecessary alarming comments. Thanks.
    C&C, C&C, cdp and 7 others like this.

Jones atsnh is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Ats 2.0t Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Cisitalia View Post
    I don't share the same conclusion though. It is human nature that we only hear about the problems and gripes. Others want to share their information out there to see if anyone else has the same problem and what was the fix. There are many others not experiencing problems and you don't hear posts saying "Wow no problems with my car and I love everything about it". I frequent other sites like BMW and Porsche and I hear many problems and gripes about their cars too and most are not new models like the ATS and are very established designs and manufacturing. So please don’t jump on the negative band wagon and cause unnecessary alarming comments. Thanks.
    Hear hear !!!

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

It is the nature of forums to come off negative. Problems are a greater motivation than expectations met.

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    It definitely is the nature of forums. On the BMW sites a few years ago, by reading the posts you'd have thought most 335s had fuel pump issues, but in reality only about 3% that did.

cdp
    cdp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 Premium. Opulent Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Fraggy View Post
    It definitely is the nature of forums. On the BMW sites a few years ago, by reading the posts you'd have thought most 335s had fuel pump issues, but in reality only about 3% that did.
    What's your source for that 3% figure? I also thought it was higher, maybe because my fuel pump failed, but I thought given the recall and class action settlement the number was higher. Nonetheless I agree with the point that you mostly hear about problems on these boards, and the number of complaints on the BMW boards are very high but don't seem to scare too many people off.

By the way, I took delivery last week and love my ATS so far, although I have barely driven it. No problems yet, and much happier with CUE that the Idrive on my Z4

DavidL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 92 Allanté, 2013 ATS4

Very well expressed; thanks for writing this. BTW, I DO love my new ATS and have had no problems as of yet with it.....

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

I'll bet donuts to dollars he has a failed or stuck turbo if he has the 2.0T engine....happened to me early, they replaced turbo at dealership....not another problem since then...

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Any updates, howcome? If you need for us to check into anything further, we can be reached via email at katie_lucille@gmexpert.com. If you needed immediate assistance, the Cadillac Customer Assistance Center may be best. That number is 800-458-8006 (Hours: Mon to Sat, 8am to 9pm ET; Closed Sunday).

Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service

Quick update. They have a senior tech driving the car with something monitoring the engine. Hopefully I will hear something soon.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.