Reduced engine power - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Reduced engine power in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; ...
    shelby12 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Reduced engine power

Quote Originally Posted by Cisitalia View Post
    I don't share the same conclusion though. It is human nature that we only hear about the problems and gripes. Others want to share their information out there to see if anyone else has the same problem and what was the fix. There are many others not experiencing problems and you don't hear posts saying "Wow no problems with my car and I love everything about it". I frequent other sites like BMW and Porsche and I hear many problems and gripes about their cars too and most are not new models like the ATS and are very established designs and manufacturing. So please don’t jump on the negative band wagon and cause unnecessary alarming comments. Thanks.

I am not being negative, hell I wanted to like the car as much as anyone else but when there is a problem with the
    manual transmission right out of the gate that should raise some concerns. Loose seat, HVAC issues, reduced
    engine power, noise from the steering wheel just to name a few. The gas mileage was suppose to be
    "well into the 30's but they missed that target as well. I know this is a first generation car but
    this seems like the old GM all over again.

slepr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T AWD Premium

Quote Originally Posted by shelby12 View Post
    I am not being negative, hell I wanted to like the car as much as anyone else but when there is a problem with the
    manual transmission right out of the gate that should raise some concerns. Loose seat, HVAC issues, reduced
    engine power, noise from the steering wheel just to name a few. The gas mileage was suppose to be
    "well into the 30's but they missed that target as well. I know this is a first generation car but
    Wow, quite a list of problems, none of which I am experiencing. Love my ATS and would have to disagree that it is "the Old GM" again.

Cisitalia is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 3.6 RWD WDT/LPB

shelby12,

Oh and the sky is falling too! Your post really is a negative exaggeration. You don’t get it. There are plenty of ATS cars out there that don’t have any problems.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Old GM? Please...

JSATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 premium

Do you own an ATS? I'm guessing not by your reference to problems that have been mentioned but few have encountered. I have a Premium ATS 2.0 and both my wife and I love everything about it Everytime I drive the car it makes me smile and I have yet to have any regrets buying it. We have about 2100 miles on it and so far no issues. The car is awesome and if you don't like what you read about it then don't buy it. I find that there are many lurkers who can't afford to buy a car like this and just look for some excuse to dis it.
    Gary Lachey and Gary Lachey like this.

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

----------

[/COLOR]
    I defy you to find or site ANY first year model cars that have NO problems.......I didn't think so....how about second or third?....I had a stuck turbo (was replaced) and a minor door problem. Do I automatically categorize the car as well the "old gm" again? No, the car is absolutely a dream to drive; GM quickly took care of my problems (along with others on this forum) no questions asked! Love this car; and I've had my fair share of Caddy's through the years.....

howcome is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Update! They replaced the ECU and everything seems to be working correctly. Hopefully that will be the end of the problem.

adev is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS

I had the same thing happen this morning. The check engine light came on, a warning came on saying "service stabiltrak system", and it displayed "reduced engine power". I couldn't go over 20 mph. My ATS has been randomly, violently shaking as well when I stop.

I had previously scheduled service for the end of the week - my CUE is out of date. However, when I called, the maintenance guy said I should've received a letter from GM if my CUE was out of date (which I hadn't received). I had him look it up anyway, and my CUE did need an update.

I'll let you know if they fix it.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by adev View Post
    I had the same thing happen this morning. The check engine light came on, a warning came on saying "service stabiltrak system", and it displayed "reduced engine power". I couldn't go over 20 mph. My ATS has been randomly, violently shaking as well when I stop.

I had previously scheduled service for the end of the week - my CUE is out of date. However, when I called, the maintenance guy said I should've received a letter from GM if my CUE was out of date (which I hadn't received). I had him look it up anyway, and my CUE did need an update.

Hello adev,

Please keep us updated after your dealer visit. If there are concerns or questions you would like to discuss, please private message us.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Siren05 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T RWD. 2011 STI Hatchback.

No problems on my ATS. I CHIMED IN BECAUSE YOU DON'T HEAR FROM MEMBERS WITH NO ISSUES.

bluecrayon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    1000 miles. Not one problem.

adev is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS

Quote Originally Posted by adev View Post

UPDATE- I've had my car back for about a week and the problems seem to be fixed. They had to replace the electronic control module and also updated my CUE. Before replacing the ECM, I was getting around 17-18mpg nonhighway, now it's over 20.

While they had it in the shop, they also noted that the touch screen wasn't responding as intended (I just thought it was supposed to be slow). They are replacing that as well.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.