Radar Detector False Alarms (w/ Driver Assist Package) - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Radar Detector False Alarms (w/ Driver Assist Package) in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by danscrim This won't really work though right? Because the false alarms are occurring at random places... like ...
    gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by danscrim

This won't really work though right? Because the false alarms are occurring at random places... like wherever you stop at a stop light. Essentially the source of the false alarms is moving with you. So the fact that it's "learning" where these locations are is irrelevant.
    That's correct. That's why I didn't recommend the 9500ix initially as a solution to the car sending false alarms.

I was referencing the 9500ix with respect to locking out bands. I don't lock out anything. For the first few months my 9500ix was "chatty" until it gradually learned where all the false signals were.

NormV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Kooks,MOMO seats,C5 hubs,3489#

Re: Radar Detector False Alarms (w/ Driver Assist Package)

Use the 9500 lock ouit feature until your next to a cop running his radar. Not a good senarios as there are videos on YouTube of it.

You could try turning on TSR but it'll make the slow ix even slower.

My Valentine One picked up K-band from the rear of an XTS4 on the highway. But was quiet in front of him.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by NormV
    Use the 9500 lock ouit feature until your next to a cop running his radar. Not a good senarios as there are videos on YouTube of it.

You could try turning on TSR but it'll make the slow ix even slower.

The 9500ix will only lock out the EXACT frequency if encountered three CONSECUTIVE times in the EXACT same location (GPS coordinates). If you encounter it twice in a row, and then then next time the signal is gone, the counter starts over again. .

So, to use your example you would need to be next to that cop running that exact radar gun, in the same location three times in a row for that to be a concern.

Highly unlikely, and it will only lockout X and K bands. Ka bands are never locked out.

Despite what the V1 users have been claiming, I have been using my 9500ix for a year and a half in an area that is always crawling with cops running radar, and I am extremely pleased, and I don't have to apologize to passengers for a chatty radar detector.

szoberg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I have a 2014 XTS platinum and a redline detector. I mounted it up high just left of the rear view mirror. Any and all times I pull up behind another vehicle and get within 2 - 3 feet from the car or my garage door the KA band goes of from 24.171 to 24.180 range. I have switched off all of the drivers aid sensors that I can from the switches and inside the cue settings but they have no effect.

I love all of the driver aid features and with my daily commute ranging from 60-120 miles a day- this car practically drives itself. It takes most of the stress away from traffic. I use the ACC not just on the highway but even in the city it's fantastic.

So I have come to the realization that I need to power down the redline unless I'm on the highway. That's really what it's for anyway as your more likely to speed there and not in the city.

I'm planning on moving it a few inches over and see if it reduces the false alarms I'll report back. It's hard wired so it will take a title time to adjust.

----------

One more detail, it alerts way before any of the proximity sensors detect the car in front of me.

----------

If I'm behind a tall vehicle like a city bus it starts going off within 6 -8 feet away!

duneless is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 Black Raven 3.6 ATS4 (BD 8/12)

My Radar goes of at every new Audi. even say 100 feet from one. I thought it was some radar that came stock with the car that made mine go off. Mine makes a certain noise when it's a cop and it makes the same exact noise. Now I know what it is then.
    Quote Originally Posted by snofun3 View Post
    Same with Audi's with the Adaptive Cruise. I was behind a premium ATS the other day and radar made no noise. No k-band alerts or nothing.

C "T" ess is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2015 ATS Performance Coupe 2.0T
    Quote Originally Posted by snofun3
    Same with Audi's with the Adaptive Cruise.
    It must be a known problem among the radar detector manufacturers, I got a letter from Valantine stating they were aware of the problem and they had a fix. All detectors made from that date forward had the fix built in. If you returned your detector they would update that as well any other updates needed. Of course there is the $75.00 charge. I never had a problem in my CTS but I have only had my ATS for a few days so I haven't had a chance to see if it will be a problem. If it is,it will be going back for the update.

oemtech is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T/Auto - Dodge Challenger 5.7 Hemi

Drive the speed limit.... problem solved. lmao
    LDYNREDD and duneless like this.

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL
    Quote Originally Posted by oemtech View Post
    Drive the speed limit.... problem solved. lmao
    But canyon roads with a 45 limit that require ar least 55 to take advantage of the Performance aspect of the car, must be sped on. Just ask yourself... What would Jeremy Clarkson do?

oemtech is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T/Auto - Dodge Challenger 5.7 Hemi

Hey guys I judt finished 3k trip in the Caddy. I ran the speed limit probably 90% of the time and 5 over the rest of the time. 70 mpg avg.

C "T" ess is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2015 ATS Performance Coupe 2.0T

I got my Valentine V1 installed up high next to the forward camera. Even though Valentines letter said the false alarms could be a problem, I haven't had any
    more than usual false alarms. (automatic doors,etc) As a matter of fact I seem to be getting fewer false K alerts than when the V! was in my
    CTS coupe.

szoberg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Do you also have adaptive cruise control?

duneless is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 Black Raven 3.6 ATS4 (BD 8/12)

I got caught doing 110 when I was 19 years old. That was hell. Insurance went up and parents wouldn't let me drive their cars anymore. My next paycheck I bought a whistler radar detector. Detectors have been very good to me since. Every car I drive now that is mine I have to have one. I feel just a little safer with one.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.