Radar Detector False Alarms (w/ Driver Assist Package) - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Radar Detector False Alarms (w/ Driver Assist Package) in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by danscrim This won't really work though right? Because the false alarms are occurring at random places... like ...
    gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by danscrim

This won't really work though right? Because the false alarms are occurring at random places... like wherever you stop at a stop light. Essentially the source of the false alarms is moving with you. So the fact that it's "learning" where these locations are is irrelevant.
    That's correct. That's why I didn't recommend the 9500ix initially as a solution to the car sending false alarms.

I was referencing the 9500ix with respect to locking out bands. I don't lock out anything. For the first few months my 9500ix was "chatty" until it gradually learned where all the false signals were.

NormV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Kooks,MOMO seats,C5 hubs,3489#

Re: Radar Detector False Alarms (w/ Driver Assist Package)

Use the 9500 lock ouit feature until your next to a cop running his radar. Not a good senarios as there are videos on YouTube of it.

You could try turning on TSR but it'll make the slow ix even slower.

My Valentine One picked up K-band from the rear of an XTS4 on the highway. But was quiet in front of him.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by NormV
    Use the 9500 lock ouit feature until your next to a cop running his radar. Not a good senarios as there are videos on YouTube of it.

You could try turning on TSR but it'll make the slow ix even slower.

The 9500ix will only lock out the EXACT frequency if encountered three CONSECUTIVE times in the EXACT same location (GPS coordinates). If you encounter it twice in a row, and then then next time the signal is gone, the counter starts over again. .

So, to use your example you would need to be next to that cop running that exact radar gun, in the same location three times in a row for that to be a concern.

Highly unlikely, and it will only lockout X and K bands. Ka bands are never locked out.

Despite what the V1 users have been claiming, I have been using my 9500ix for a year and a half in an area that is always crawling with cops running radar, and I am extremely pleased, and I don't have to apologize to passengers for a chatty radar detector.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.