2013 Cadillac ATS buying
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, 2013 Cadillac ATS buying in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I have decided to buy a magnificent 2013 ATS. But I've stuck in model and dealer comparison. So many options ...
    Reao is offline Cadillac Owners Member

2013 Cadillac ATS buying

I have decided to buy a magnificent 2013 ATS. But I've stuck in model and dealer comparison. So many options are available and I am confused.
    I want to ask you which model and engine are more preferable?
    And now is a dealer issue. There were lots of options and I have stopped on cadillacatsindenver.com. If you have info about them or other good suggestions please share them with me. Thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Blk99vett is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Re: 2013 Cadillac ATS buying

I went with the 2.0 turbo engine with the performance package. Cadillac only offers the the 18" forged wheels with the performance and premium models. I also got the cold weather package, navigation and a moonroof...my dealer didnt have this car on their lot, but purchased the exact car I wanted from a dealer near Ann Arbor...black on black performance with the 18" wheels summed up in 1 word....stunning

JSATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 premium

My wife and I originally ordered a 2.0 AWD Luxury model. After seeing the stock wheels and realizing that the Luxury model didn't come with the LED lights we changed our order to the Premium. The interesting part is that now after owning the car for a few weeks we are very happy that we went premium. The things we like most about the car are all things that come in the premium pkg. Things like the 18 inch machine finished wheels & HUD, Navigation ,LED lights, driver awareness PKG and many other options that make the car so much nicer than non premium models. I tell everyone who is looking at an ATS to order the Premium PKG because its worth every extra penny you pay.

desertpar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

We just picked up our silver Luxury 2wd with 2.0, sunroof (for wife) and 18" polished wheels (for me). We wanted some of the nice features but also wanted to limit the cost. Our dealer was very willing to negotiate and provided a great experience (I am only familiar with dealers in Arizona). So far, the car has been great with no problems. I am also pleasantly surprised by the 2.0 which is smoother and more powerful than expected for a four cylinder. The 3.6 is also a great engine (I also have a CTS with the 3.6) but the 2.0 seems like a good compromise for performance, balance, and efficiency for this sized car. Good luck with your transaction.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Reao, I'm so happy you're thinking about an ATS! I see you're already getting great owner input from the community, and I am just an email away at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com if you would like me to locate an ATS, locate the dealership options near you, or investigate vehicle questions.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

zr1mom is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS Prem 2.0T AWD Black Raven Red

I believe the 2.0T is the way to go but there's no reason why the 3.6 isn't a good choice as well. I liked the fold down seats not all packages have this and all the features you get with the premium package. CUE is another feature I liked.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    While I would choose the turbo, I agree the 3.6 is a great motor. I've driven plenty of CTS and SRX with it. And the XTS is quite fleet of foot with it. I'm sure its more than wonderful in the ATS...

MyfirstCad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Thundergray 13 ATS Performance V6

I got the V6 because it sounds better than the 4 and I didn't like the slight turbo lag. Chose the performace package because it was the only way to get the awesome led daytime running lights. They are awesome.

josefelipe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reao
    I have decided to buy a magnificent 2013 ATS. But I've stuck in model and dealer comparison. So many options are available and I am confused.
    I want to ask you which model and engine are more preferable?
    And now is a dealer issue. There were lots of options and I have stopped on cadillacatsindenver.com. If you have info about them or other good suggestions please share them with me. Thank you.
    I got a 2.0T and I'm just surprised at how great they made this 4 cylinder sound. I've always made fun of the way those import tuners sounded, but could not ignore 272hp and over 30mpg. I do mostly urban driving and haven't found the turbo lag much of an issue. Can't speak to the V6 but this car is simply a pleasure to drive.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.