ATS aftermarket wheels and sizing help.
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, ATS aftermarket wheels and sizing help. in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Anyone have any pictures of custom wheels installed on their ATS? Looking for something other than these silly 17" wheels. ...
    tomuchwrk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L Performance 2wd 42k miles

ATS aftermarket wheels and sizing help.

Anyone have any pictures of custom wheels installed on their ATS? Looking for something other than these silly 17" wheels. Anyone good online retailers out there? Anyone have any measurements that gave them max width and height? The 18" from the factory look really nice.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hood101010 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6 Performance

Re: ATS aftermarket wheels and sizing help.

I've come to find out there are not many if any tuners on the ATS forums, but I am one and I can help you. Because the bolt pattern is an obsolete 5 X 115 (thanks Cadillac, real smart of you ~ sarcasm) and no one uses that bolt pattern any longer no (reputable) aftermarket wheel manufactures stock wheels in that pattern. TSW does carry a few styles in that pattern but they are not specific to the ATS so they are likely not hub centric and may not clear your brake kit of you have the Brembos in the front. So you are going to have to work with a retailer that has direct connections with the wheel companies and get something custom made. I reached out to D3 Cadillac and they got me wheels. I ended up getting Rays like what they used on the D3 ATS simply because I was not willing to go after one off custom forged wheels at $1600 a piece like I had to with my Lexus IS-F (bought that very early in its production before there was a market for wheels for that car too). D3 said they can get wheels made for the ATS now that they have the dimensions to give to the manufactures. I went with the Rays 57 Xtremes because they look amazing on the D3 ATS, are a high quality wheel, and fit with my plan for the car. I put 19 x 8.5 on the front and 19 x 9.5 on the rear. Got my tracking numbers on Friday and should be here this week. The team at D3 are great and Ro who helped me with the order was amazing to work with. He also set me up with Toyo's and preinstalled TPMS for a great price. Now I am patiently waiting for D3 or H&R to put out a suspension product... Send me a PM if interested and I will send you his contact info

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    I thought D3 already had C/Os for the ATS?

I wonder if Alufelgen would make us some wheels? They are relatively new and did great things in the BMW community.

I was told they are still "in development" and should be available at the end of January. Springs are further down the road "...maybe February". I personally want to stay away from coils because they require the module to override the suspension controls when the car is in "sport mode". A set of fairly aggressive springs will suit me just fine. Just not a fan of over-ride modules or error codes on performance cars with stock EDC's. Eibach's webpage shows "in development" for springs for the ATS, never been a fan of Eibach, drops are too minimal.

tomuchwrk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L Performance 2wd 42k miles

Hood,

If you could please PM me with the contact information that would be great. If not my email is tomuchwrk@aol.com

thanks!

Eric

I have no idea how to PM on this forum... so I emailed you the details.

Quote Originally Posted by hood101010

I was told they are still "in development" and should be available at the end of January. Springs are further down the road "...maybe February". I personally want to stay away from coils because they require the module to override the suspension controls when the car is in "sport mode". A set of fairly aggressive springs will suit me just fine. Just not a fan of over-ride modules or error codes on performance cars with stock EDC's. Eibach's webpage shows "in development" for springs for the ATS, never been a fan of Eibach, drops are too minimal.
    Gotcha about coils, I would agree. The Eibachs might ok with me as I don't need a huge drop and like that the spring rates typically are close to stock. Thanks for the info.

Cisitalia is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 3.6 RWD WDT/LPB

Quote Originally Posted by Fraggy View Post
    I wonder if Alufelgen would make us some wheels? They are relatively new and did great things in the BMW community.
    I would be up for that. I had Alufelgen CS7s on my BMW and I loved those wheels.

rage2021 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS AWD 2.0T

I really don't want to lower a car again, (did my mazda 3) I think its just causes too many problems..will the 18' or even 19' after-markets look good on the ATS without lowering in your opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by rage2021
    I really don't want to lower a car again, (did my mazda 3) I think its just causes too many problems..will the 18' or even 19' after-markets look good on the ATS without lowering in your opinions?
    I really don't want to either, but... Overall I think it looks good with 19's.
    Attached Images

I saw an ATS at the dealer with the black version of the 19" option wheels and they actually looked pretty good. The wheel gap is still huge IMO. Ive always lowered my cars, wheel gap drives me nuts. But they did look good.

Atswatcher is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by hood101010
    I saw an ATS at the dealer with the black version of the 19" option wheels and they actually looked pretty good. The wheel gap is still huge IMO. Ive always lowered my cars, wheel gap drives me nuts. But they did look good.
    Why didn't GM offer a black version rims for the ATS?

Those wheels pictured above are available in 3 finishes and gloss black is one of them.

slowdriver is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Still negotiating

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/sch/eBay...eel+rims+5x115 look for the one you like and then do a search for them on price..

----------

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/sch/eBay...eel+rims+5x115 look for the one you like and then do a search for them on price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SET-4-Cadill...sories&vxp=mtr nice wheels here...

slowdriver is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Still negotiating

sts.JPG These are new on Ebay for a grand. STS 5X115 18"

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.