How Did Your ATS Do In The Snow This Past Week? - Page 3
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, How Did Your ATS Do In The Snow This Past Week? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; rsf507, The 2013 CTS-V does come in AWD. Sarah (Assiting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service...
    Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: How Did Your ATS Do In The Snow This Past Week?

rsf507,
    The 2013 CTS-V does come in AWD.
    Sarah (Assiting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by rsf507 View Post
    I don't think the V comes in AWD does it?
    Nope. But with summer tires, it wouldn't matter.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pete7874 View Post
    Based on personal experience, I would tend to agree with this. My 530i (RWD) with snow tires (cheap General Altimax Arctics) handles winter conditions better than my wife's C300 4Matic with all-season Conti DWS. Sure, she'd beat me at take off, but turning and stopping, I win. We don't get a ton of snow here in Illinois, so that's why I hesitated to get her a dedicated set of winter attire. She does OK for the most part. But if we move to a more snowy area, she'll be getting dedicated winter rubber.
    And the DWS is the best performance all-season tire there is. Nothing beats snow tires in snow.

marktanner is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel

The CTS comes in AWD, but the CTS-V absolutely does not! Never has, and no rumors that it ever will, so far.

ATSnot328i is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Luxury 2.0T, Black Raven, Red Morello

If my car was produced I would tell you. But wait, it's 80 degrees outside, never mind.

jeffc83 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by marktanner
    The CTS comes in AWD, but the CTS-V absolutely does not! Never has, and no rumors that it ever will, so far.
    Wonder why Cadillac Customer Service thinks so...lol. Never heard of a CTS-V AWD!

autorevs is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Drove 2014 ATS on slush covered parking lot. RWD and factory tires, first day we had it. Went no where. Put on traction control and backed up enough to get maneuvered to go forward and get going. Then got stuck turning a corner on a snow packed side street and needed a push forward from bystanders to get going. Will get snow tires this week and see if it helps, otherwise it's back to the 97 Catera for the winter!

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

stock all seasons, RWD, Manual and I got along just fine

Drwilsc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac ATS 3.6 AWD Premium White Diamond

My 3.6 AWD did fine. The stability control didn't pull me back from spinning as aggressively as in my G37. Not that that's good or bad, just an observation.

Jroca64 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 T

I am of the somewhat older generation who grew up driving rear wheel drive cars, I did not own a front wheeled drive car till 1997. I make it a point to switch tires the first week of November on all of the 5 cars I own, each car has its own set of wheels and 4 snows, my house is about 900 feet above sea level, on a street with a steep incline, and an uphill into the garage, the 2014 RWD ATS with a set of 4 General Artic Altimax had No issues at all. Very pleased with the car and the way it handles, even in the dry the snows are not to loud, just gives up some of the handling aspects.
    Jones atsnh likes this.

bluecrayon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    I realize some people did just fine with all seasons and rwd but I'm sure that's just a matter of discretion. People have much differing opinions on what's manageable and much differing opinions on what snow is, meaning a half inch vs a foot! I drove a 97 z28 with narrow blizzaks plus 300 lbs steel in the back and it was very manageable in just about any snow, HOWEVER, my awd ats with 4 Dunlop winter maxx (very similar to blizzaks) was phenomenal! I could just about floor it in a foot of snow/slush and it went with minimal spin. Awd+snows=fantastic winter performance. I live in buffalo where we can get a couple feet in a blink. Rwd with all seasons just won't cut it here unless you are content with driving 20 mph everywhere you go.

pever is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium with Driver Assist & Adv Security
    Quote Originally Posted by Jroca64
    I am of the somewhat older generation who grew up driving rear wheel drive cars, I did not own a front wheeled drive car till 1997. .
    Here, here. Drove about 30 years on RWD until 2002 and remember learning the winter driving skills on ice/snow covered country roads with ditches and snow banks fast approaching.

oggie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 2.0T, 2003 Dodge Ram 5.7L Hemi

I personally was not very impressed with my 2013 ATS4 2.0T with 4 Artic Altimax sneaks on. My first experience with icy roads this past week was a white knuckler, the rear of the caddy kicked out sideways on me twice on the highway going to work. Fortunately I am old enough to have driving many a winter under all conditions with rear wheel drive, front wheel drive, four wheel drive and all wheel drive vehicles, so I was able to remain in control of my slip sliding caddy and get to work safe. Either the TC is not working properly as it allowed the rear of my AWD to spin out or If it was working properly it was not activating quickly enough to prevent it from spinning out on me. Part of the problem could have been that I put to much faith and expectation in the system and was driving it beyond its capabilities. My expectations came from this. I traded my 2003 Audi A4 1.8 turbo quattro in on this car because my wife really liked it. The Audi was like a train on rails, you could not get that thing to spin or get loose it was unbelievable. Snow, ice or slush it did not matter. My wife and I always felt safe in that car and were never worried about weather conditions as you could barely tell you where driving in it. This car is no Audi as far as AWD and TC systems are concerned. Obviously my expectations where to high and I will have to adjust my driving style to the capabilities of this car.

In hopes that everyone has a safe and happy holiday season.
    Peace out

Jones atsnh is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Ats 2.0t Premium

Quote Originally Posted by oggie View Post
    I personally was not very impressed with my 2013 ATS4 2.0T with 4 Artic Altimax sneaks on. My first experience with icy roads this past week was a white knuckler, the rear of the caddy kicked out sideways on me twice on the highway going to work. Fortunately I am old enough to have driving many a winter under all conditions with rear wheel drive, front wheel drive, four wheel drive and all wheel drive vehicles, so I was able to remain in control of my slip sliding caddy and get to work safe. Either the TC is not working properly as it allowed the rear of my AWD to spin out or If it was working properly it was not activating quickly enough to prevent it from spinning out on me. Part of the problem could have been that I put to much faith and expectation in the system and was driving it beyond its capabilities. My expectations came from this. I traded my 2003 Audi A4 1.8 turbo quattro in on this car because my wife really liked it. The Audi was like a train on rails, you could not get that thing to spin or get loose it was unbelievable. Snow, ice or slush it did not matter. My wife and I always felt safe in that car and were never worried about weather conditions as you could barely tell you where driving in it. This car is no Audi as far as AWD and TC systems are concerned. Obviously my expectations where to high and I will have to adjust my driving style to the capabilities of this car.

In hopes that everyone has a safe and happy holiday season.
    Peace out
    Did you have the same snows on the Audi as was on the Caddy?

oggie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 2.0T, 2003 Dodge Ram 5.7L Hemi

Quote Originally Posted by Jones atsnh View Post
    Did you have the same snows on the Audi as was on the Caddy?
    Yes! I had them on the Audi for one winter, off in the spring. lot's of good tread left.

ep_83 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Black Raven 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T

I hear Audi's quattro all wheel drive technology is the best in the business

That said, are their any fellow Floridian's in here reading through these horror stories?? I've never driven in snow... It sounds like a nightmare.. Caddy 4's, Merc 4matics, and BMW Xi's are rare around here.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.