Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Loose drivers seat

58K views 202 replies 51 participants last post by  robertorolfo 
#1 ·
The drivers seat on my ATS shifts slightly going around curves and corners. Not as if its not secured to the car, but the actual padded bottom
portion moves. It's getting worse. Have any of you experienced this and reported it to the dealer? Was the issue fixed?

#3 ·
AtlantaGuy00, thank you for bringing this to my attention! I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread for updates, and please don't hesitate to send me a private message if you would like me to investigate further for you or contact your dealer on your behalf to schedule an appointment for diagnosis.

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

#6 ·
I have it as well. I took and inspection mirror and a flashlight under the seat and can't see anything loose. Must be something internal to the seat. I'll have it looked at when I get a few more niggles. Front left TMPS sensor is off by 6 psi compared to the other 3 and a hand gauge.

#9 ·
I have the loose seat as well and I am weighing in at a paltry 163. Is there any way to find if there is a TSB on this issue?

KATIE - I'd give you my VIN but it is not going to tell you anything about my seat so let's not bother to go down that road. Katie: what would be best is to alert GM about the fact that several members noted the issue and likely many more aren't online or don't care. Clearly, there is an issue.

E

#11 ·
Hello EricDOhio,

My name is Laura M. and Katie has moved on to explore different opportunities. I have taken over her forum. I am here to be of assistance for you. All customer concerns are documented and stored and may be accessed by many departments at General Motors. We are happy to help any person who has expressed this concern. We help on a personal basis and I would like to further research your concern for you. In order for me to do so, I do need your VIN# because this will provide me with accurate information specific to your vehicle. If you private message me on this forum I can continue to work with you to resolve this issue. In the private message please include your contact information, your VIN# and the name and address of a dealership, if there is one you have been in contact with nearby. Thank you and have a great night!

Sincerely,
Laura M.

#14 ·
when I brought my car in for the update and first oil change (which was a terrible experience) I told them about the seat. At first they said they checked everything and said it was fine. I insisted they have a tech take it for a ride around some turns so he could feel what I am talking about. The service guy says, "Our service manager feels what you are talking about but its not the seat. It seems like just the foam cushion is shifting a little" as if that's totally fine and normal. I was like, "I don't really care what is moving but the fact that it's moving. It needs to be fixed." He said he would look into it and call me back if they had a fix. So I drove off the dealership and I swear it was worse than it ever was. Not only could you feel it moving but now it was making creaking noises around every slight turn. It is driving me crazy!

#16 ·
Hello Mr.Blonde,

I am sorry you had a bad experience with your dealership and that you are dealing with a loose seat. If you private message me on this forum with your contact information, VIN#, current mileage and the name of the dealership which your vehicle was serviced at, I would be more than happy to look into your issues for you. Have a great night.

Sincerely,
Laura M.

#15 ·
Yes I have been experiencing this same issue since the second week of owning the car. I thought it was just me because I am a 6ft 200 lbs plus guy. I did notice that the whole seat does not move only the bottom portion slightly moves and makes a dull clicking noise. I just received my notice to have my CUE system updated. I will make sure to bring this issue up as well as the paint protection application i purchased when i bought the car not preventing stains to the paint. Still love the car but I could have saved some money on the zylon or whatever it is called.

#17 ·
I mentioned it to my dealer and they didn't test drive the car, so it wasn't fixed. They only tightened the bolts holding the entire seat to the car. I told them it was the cushion. It was in for a bunch of other things and they didn't address the seat issue properly. I'll bring it up to them again. It's not better, or worse.

#19 ·
Hi Golddogs,

I am sorry you are dealing with a loose seat. Because your vehicle is still under warranty, I recommend taking your vehicle in for a diagnosis at a dealership. However, there is not a guarantee the dealership will fix this issue free of charge. I just thought I would recommend you getting it checked out if this concern is bugging you. If there are other concerns or questions I can help you with, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Laura M.

#23 ·
Yes, with these new cars I'm noticing that since we are on the "bleeding edge" with them (as they are completely new) there aren't many service bulletins available. My dealer is puzzled about nearly everything I've asked them to address. I haven't returned the car for the seat, but I'm going to address it during it's next oil change. It's not bad enough for a special trip.

#27 · (Edited)
UPDATE:

I took ATS to dealership this last Thursday. After spending several minutes searching for Service Bulletins, I was told there was nothing addressing this, and no reference other than this forum, which was immediately dismissed as irrelevant by the service department. I had my advisor drive it, and he returned a bit puzzled. He was ready to release me with "No Issue Found" until I had him reach under the seat to pull it side-to-side, and it was then that he acknowledged there was unusual movement. He had lead tech come out and look, after which I was told the gearing mechanism that adjusts the seat seems to not quite fully engage...resulting in the looseness. Was then told that unless bulletin comes out from GM with direction on a possible fix, there was nothing they could do at this time.

It now appears to be getting a bit more loose, and am growing more disappointed by the day. I absolutely love the car, but when I can feel the seat shift almost continuously now, am wondering what recourse I (we) may have with this issue. Please advise.

----------

I tried to private message you with a copy of last post, but would not allow due to exceeding alloted space? I sent ONE prior message. Confused.

#29 ·
I have this same issue, the dealer told me to kick rocks (I am paraphrasing) Cadillac customer service on here was like "we are glad to help, let us know what you need" so I did. They called the dealer and then came back and also told me to kick rocks. I am appalled that everyone can feel it, but nothing can be done about it? The Germans would have had me a loaner and kept this until it was corrected, common; I know you can do better GM!

#31 ·
Dealers are independent businesses. GM can not MAKE them fix a car, just apply the punishments/rewards in the contracts. Based on the signs I've seen, Cadillac Customer Services will probably get you taken care of, even if it takes them a while to follow their protocols.

In the mean time, it is worth your while to post the names of the dealers. They don't care about you (after the sale) but they care about the word getting out and cutting into business. And not just here but in the Dealership Review section of the forums.

And take the car to another dealer even if you have to drive to the next town. You probably don't want those clowns working on your car anyway. Its been my experience of 40+ years of new car buying that the single most likely cause of this kind of behavior is sloppy work and bad decisions that gets warranty claims kicked back to them. And rather than fix themselves, they stop doing anything that isn't completely mundane.

#30 · (Edited)
Rongotti, I totally agree, especially with the German reference. This ATS is positioned by Caddy/GM to directly compete with the 3-Series Beemer and Audi A4 segment, and this is not off to a good start from a service standpoint. Having owned both of those, this was quite a leap off faith to go domestic. Hoping I don't regret the decision.

#32 ·
This message is for Gregory W., Cadillac Customer Care. Seems I am not allowed to directly respond to your private message because my one message I ever sent now exceeds my message quota (???). Please respond here to what we are all experiencing. I just spent $50K+ on a vehicle that has an acknowledged problem that no one seems to want to resolve.

#33 ·
FYI: you can delete old messages (or upgrade membership for a higher limit).

Are you kidding about a loose seat being a problem we ALL have? And it sounds like you received a private message from Customer Service and still say nobody wants to resolve the problem. What exactly did they say in the PM about not wanting to solve the problem? Also, what dealer are you talking about?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.