Did you have to pay MSRP?
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Did you have to pay MSRP? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I have not gone to the dealer to try a deal since we are not ready to buy yet, so ...
    Jercat is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 G8 GXP

Did you have to pay MSRP?

I have not gone to the dealer to try a deal since we are not ready to buy yet, so I was wondering if the dealers are dealing or not. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

pever is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium with Driver Assist & Adv Security
    I spent 2 months researching, drove an ATS before the launch date, and several after that. I used three car cost web sites (CarCostCanada, Automobile Protection Association, UnHaggle) to educate myself on cost. Then I discussed pricing with three dealers and got equal offers from all three of $2,000 (including our 13% taxes) off the price of a 2.0T AWD Premium with paint upgrade, Driver Assistance and Advanced Security. I chose the dealer that seemed to have allocation and had been the most help -- ordered early November and code 3200 last week. So, there is clearly room to negotiate in Canada and I am not a haggler, just hopefully an informed consumer. There was no trade-in - my current ride is at 416,000 km now. The tough part was the after-market chap... I wanted no window etching, no dealer badge, no electronic corrosion protection, no low-jack, no 3M film, no clear-coat, no ScotchGuard, no Nitrogen in the tires, no disability insurance, no job loss insurance, no window tint. I bet they can appear to give better deals with all that after market stuff. I came away feeling that these chaps want to get total sales up as there are rebates to them if they exceed certain levels from what I was told... But I can't say for sure about that.

Jones atsnh is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Ats 2.0t Premium

Re: Did you have to pay MSRP?

I ordered a 2.0T manual transmission Premium Collection with Thunder Gray Chromeflair with optional sunroof and I paid $608 over invoice. Basically $44,400 and change. I consider I got a fair deal.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jones atsnh View Post
    I ordered a 2.0T manual transmission Premium Collection with Thunder Gray Chromeflair with optional sunroof and I paid $608 over invoice. Basically $44,400 and change. I consider I got a fair deal.
    Actually the final price I paid was $43,823. Just checked my records.

mrrairai76 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium WDT, 2011 Denali WDT

I paid $250 over invoice.

Hiknbik is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS Ordered

I should be picking mine up this week. Provided it shows up of course. The dealer is selling at invoice.

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by mrrairai76
    I paid $250 over invoice.
    Where can I find invoice prices?

Blk99vett is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Go to gmfamilyfirst.com and use their program to build an online version of your ATS. When youve completed building your car, you will then see the supplier and GM employee pricing. If youre purchase price is in the ballpark of those prices, youre near the invoice. Also, compare the pricing of different models, and use autotrader.com to find those vehicles to see what dealers are offering the cars for. Good luck...

Livid is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 Premium

Costco shows dealer invoice prices.

http://www.costcoauto.com/research/

Has anybody found a killer deal in the SF bay area?

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    That's awesome, thanks guys!

WillinSD is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I Just got my ATS a few days ago and was able to get over $750 below MSRP as priced from the Cadillac website.

As silly as it may sound, it helped because I used overstock.com! They have a car section and basically they have partnerships with some dealers. You use their website, pick out/price the model you want, and instantly you get a "Guaranteed" savings certificate to print out and use at the specific dealers they are set up with. You have to give them your contact info of course, so I was called pretty darn quick after submitting the request for the savings certificate, which I was fine with since I was ready to buy asap. I told them I had already been guaranteed the base MSRP for the model I wanted using my credit unions auto finding service, and that if the dealer could match the base msrp, and get me in the car sooner then I would come in. Was as simple as that, and pretty surprisingly painless!

YankeeVic is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE... Yet
    According to the GM Family First website, I did pretty well. With all my add-ons, I paid approximately $900 over the "family" discount. Not too bad.

Bertha D Blues is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T AWD, '13 SRX AWD Performance

I guess I got a smokin' deal. I paid $2,440 under MSRP. I wasn't actually in the market for a new car but I had a moment of weakness, which I don't regret.

danscrim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L

I was eligible for the Supplier Discount and ended up paying $2,480 under MSRP. It worked out to be $700 or so over invoice.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.