V8 conversion
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, V8 conversion in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Does anyone know of any tuners who are offering a V8 conversion for the new ATS ?...
    studio caddi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS 4.6 Northstar

V8 conversion

Does anyone know of any tuners who are offering a V8 conversion for the new ATS ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

Re: V8 conversion

We convert/transplant anything you can imagine, but cost is a factor to make sure you want to deal with such a swap. Easier to just modify it to what you want. What are your goals?

C&C
    C&C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)

In my opinion the ATS is all (mostly all) about driving dynamic, unless you can get a V-8 light enough, get something else if you want to go fast in a straight line. Some reviewers even say going to the V-6 minimally affects handling; just my two cents. Wait for the ATS-V (probably 2015) and see what Cadillac comes up with, but I'm guessing twin-turbo V-6 (and probably rightfully so).

Quote Originally Posted by SC2150
    We convert/transplant anything you can imagine, but cost is a factor to make sure you want to deal with such a swap. Easier to just modify it to what you want. What are your goals?
    I really want the LSA from the CTS-V but with more horsepower than it makes in the CTS-V . I love V8's and their smoothness and power and really feel that the ATS isn't a true performance car or a proper Cadillac without one .

sqkid89 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Performance RWD

Quote Originally Posted by studio caddi View Post
    I really want the LSA from the CTS-V but with more horsepower than it makes in the CTS-V . I love V8's and their smoothness and power and really feel that the ATS isn't a true performance car or a proper Cadillac without one .
    remember, the CTS didn't have a V8 the first year either, that's what the CTS-V was for. Since the ATS is brand new, there's still going to be a bit of time before its reversed engineered to be able to swap in new engines. Heck, the 1st gen CTS is still a challenge to try and pull it off with all the car's systems still working properly.

For now, I'd hold out to see what the aftermarket does tune and upgrade wise and then see if you still feel the desire for an engine swap.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Well then, why bother with the ATS at all? This car is too small according to the stupid "proper Cadillac" argument...
    huna and huna like this.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by C&C View Post
    Some reviewers even say going to the V-6 minimally affects handling;
    It will. I went from a Camaro LT to a Camaro SS, and the handling difference was very noticeable. Not the V6 Camaro necessarily handled better (though I think it did, slightly) but it's a different feel. The LT was more neutral while the SS tends to understeer heavily. And I think the steering feedback was a little better with the V6 (I had the exact same tires on both cars) though the limits are much higher overall with the SS.

Not that this has anything to do with the ATS; just my point that different submodels can most certainly handle differently.
    MikeFKMC and MikeFKMC like this.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho

Well then, why bother with the ATS at all? This car is too small according to the stupid "proper Cadillac" argument...
    Well the size really doesn't have anything to do with the any Cadillac being a proper Cadillac ! It's how the car drives,handles and how it rides that makes a Cadillac a proper Cadillac .

The definition of a "proper Cadillac" depends greatly on which decade you are looking at.
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    The definition of a "proper Cadillac" depends greatly on which decade you are looking at.
    Amen! When the cimmaron...err chevy cavalier w/caddy badges came out it all went to heck.

Those of us that grew up w/the 50's and 60's caddy's developed a love affair with the big quality boats of that era. The oil embargo of the 70's brought some bad changes caddy regrets I'm sure.

MikeFKMC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

The ATS is all about 50/50 weight distribution, I would stick to a 2.0t or a V6. Todays engines are a lot more efficent before in the sense of power. Most V6 engines can outrun most V8 of today.

----------

This is exactly what Cadillac wanted to accomplish with the ATS, just pure driving dynamics, great road to driver steering response, and ample horsepower to cover the concept.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Well the size really doesn't have anything to do with the any Cadillac being a proper Cadillac ! It's how the car drives,handles and how it rides that makes a Cadillac a proper Cadillac .
    Then go buy a Town Car. Those Cadillacs don't exist anymore...

Its an ATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS Premium 3.6 AWD
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeFKMC
    The ATS is all about 50/50 weight distribution, I would stick to a 2.0t or a V6. Todays engines are a lot more efficent before in the sense of power. Most V6 engines can outrun most V8 of today.

----------

This is exactly what Cadillac wanted to accomplish with the ATS, just pure driving dynamics, great road to driver steering response, and ample horsepower to cover the concept.
    Really? Most v6's? I'd say its the other way around. LS3, LSA, LS7, LS9 cars are some of the fastest on the road. The new GT500, the coyote 5.0 are both capably fast engines. The V8 in the M3, the V8 in the RS5... The "fast" V6's that come to mind are the GTR V6TT, the S4 V6T, the 335 v6TT, and Taurus SHO. I think you jumped a little far with most V6s...

He's probably not wrong. I bet most V8 today are in pickups, vans, and SUVs.

Its an ATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS Premium 3.6 AWD
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH
    He's probably not wrong. I bet most V8 today are in pickups, vans, and SUVs.
    Yes, but why would you compare high performance V6s with trucks, vans, and SUVs?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.