Couple new issues
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By skpd
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Couple new issues in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; So noticed a couple of new problems. One is a squeak in the left front. I can push up and ...
    zr1mom is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS Prem 2.0T AWD Black Raven Red

Couple new issues

So noticed a couple of new problems. One is a squeak in the left front. I can push up and down on the fender and here a squeak.

The second is an engine stumble when I come to a stop light at a light. Happen about 3 times now.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

skpd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS

Re: Couple new issues

I had a squeak in the left front. Check to see if the lining of the wheel well is stuck in the shock. If you pop it back out it stops but every once and a while it will get stuck again. I am going to have the dealer look at mine.
    rustybear3 and rustybear3 like this.

slowdriver is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Still negotiating

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp...w=1221&bih=910 every model of car with a turbo stumbles. The air conditioner kicking in will momentary drop the RPM for a split second. Not saying that one do not have a issue, but if you are use to V-8 power and have dropped down to a 4 banger their is a difference to getting use to. So I would document it at what times it happens and if you have the air or defrost on when it happens..

Quote Originally Posted by skpd View Post
    I had a squeak in the left front. Check to see if the lining of the wheel well is stuck in the shock. If you pop it back out it stops but every once and a while it will get stuck again. I am going to have the dealer look at mine.
    Bingo! Sure enough I looked this morning and the lining was rubbing the spring. Just had to pop it back in place. I know exactly when this happen, I was driving home and hit a pothole and it was right after this that I started hearing the squeak. Thanks!

----------

Quote Originally Posted by slowdriver View Post
    https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp...w=1221&bih=910 every model of car with a turbo stumbles. The air conditioner kicking in will momentary drop the RPM for a split second. Not saying that one do not have a issue, but if you are use to V-8 power and have dropped down to a 4 banger their is a difference to getting use to. So I would document it at what times it happens and if you have the air or defrost on when it happens..

Interesting, it might be this. Winter is coming so the AC shouldn't be kicking in too much so I guess I'll just monitor this issue for the time being and also see if anyone else is seeing this problem.

Its an ATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS Premium 3.6 AWD
    Quote Originally Posted by zr1mom

Bingo! Sure enough I looked this morning and the lining was rubbing the spring. Just had to pop it back in place. I know exactly when this happen, I was driving home and hit a pothole and it was right after this that I started hearing the squeak. Thanks!

----------

Interesting, it might be this. Winter is coming so the AC shouldn't be kicking in too much so I guess I'll just monitor this issue for the time being and also see if anyone else is seeing this problem.
    Anytime your defroster is running, the AC compressor is running.

WannaV is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I recently purchased an ATS 2.0L Turbo -- have had it 3 weeks. I have noticed 3 times that the engine stumbled --- twice at a stop sign getting ready to turn -- had wheel slightly turned with foot on brake and once stopped in driveway put car in reverse and had wheel slightly turned to back up....... It seems maybe the power steering which I thought was electric now? pulls the motor down.

Quote Originally Posted by WannaV View Post
    I recently purchased an ATS 2.0L Turbo -- have had it 3 weeks. I have noticed 3 times that the engine stumbled --- twice at a stop sign getting ready to turn -- had wheel slightly turned with foot on brake and once stopped in driveway put car in reverse and had wheel slightly turned to back up....... It seems maybe the power steering which I thought was electric now? pulls the motor down.
    Interesting so you're see the same problem I have been having. In my case I had just come to a stop, no turning of the wheel. Also I don't seem to see it when fully warmed up, happens like in the first stop or two I make after leaving work. Also coincidence I just bought mine about 3 weeks ago...

WannaV is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My ATS 2.0T is now at 1500 mi --- yesterday started it up and was pulling out of parking spot - straight out --- and it stalled and died. Still seems like it stumbles sometimes from idle.

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by skpd View Post
    I had the same squeak just the other day...read your posting, went to the garage to check.....WTF...sure enough, lining of the wheel well stuck in the shock. Must be a common occurrence and/or defect......

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.