How Is Your ATS In Terms of Fit and Finish?
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, How Is Your ATS In Terms of Fit and Finish? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; How well is the ATS built? Are all body panels a tight fit with no irregular gaps? Any squeaks and ...
    EnvoyBu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6L Premium Collection

How Is Your ATS In Terms of Fit and Finish?

How well is the ATS built? Are all body panels a tight fit with no irregular gaps? Any squeaks and rattles yet?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

off1c3r is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T Performance AWD

Re: How Is Your ATS In Terms of Fit and Finish?

My 2011 CTS has squeeks in the dash and in particular places.. so I went into an ATS and pushed, pulled, and squeezed. From what I was able to tell, the only part of the car that had some kind of squeek or noise was my knee pushing against the center console near gear shifter. That padded area. It happened when I reached for the seat belt and I was turning around. Might have been just that car.. but for me, that makes the car a perfect score if thats the only issue I found. The console, shifter area, upper dash all seemed super tight. Way better than my CTS.

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Must admit, the tightest and best fit car I have ever bought! No gaps, or blemishes either exterior or interior.....the white pearl paint is perfect on all exterior parts. Extremely quiet ride....swear car is turned off when stopped at the lights. No squeaks or rattles for me.

AtlantaGuy00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS, 2013 ATS

It's the tightest car I've even owned. I've had mine since Oct. and I'm extremely anal about these things. I have never heard one squeek or rattle, even over big bumps, and all of the outside and inside pieces fit perfectly. They did a great job. As far as fit and finish, I only have two complaints, which are extremely minor. One is that there is something loose inside the drivers seat. When cornering, something inside the seat (the bottom) shifts and you can feel it slide about 1/4 inch. I may have that looked at. My other complaint is that the rear liscense plate isn't securred by 4 screws, only two. The bottom portion has a fealt pad. I put a chrome frame around mine and now when you close the lid it rattles, but only then. I would have loved 4 screws. Otherwise, mine is noise free and built tight.

Illini333 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    Must admit, the tightest and best fit car I have ever bought! No gaps, or blemishes either exterior or interior.....the white pearl paint is perfect on all exterior parts. Extremely quiet ride....swear car is turned off when stopped at the lights. No squeaks or rattles for me.
    I agree that this is quite possibly the best fit and finish I have had on a car and I have owned toyotas and acuras in the past. My only real complaint is the idle on the 3.6. The only car I have owned with a worse idle is on my corvette.

----------

And it does take a while to get used to the "ticking" from the direct injection. I think the car sounds horrible when starting it after sitting overnight in the garage. The sound reverberates off the walls and the car sounds "junky" until the radio kicks on and covers it up.

AZCADATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6

I have to agree with the others, my ATS has no defects in fit and finish that I can find. No squeaks or rattles, everything lines up as should be, paint is beautifully applied. No complaints here.

EnvoyBu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6L Premium Collection

Great to hear! I can't wait to get one if someone takes over my stupid lease...

Is it really that bad after a cold start? When I test drove one, it was cold and it sounded like the CTS does when it's cold.

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Illini333 View Post
    I agree that this is quite possibly the best fit and finish I have had on a car and I have owned toyotas and acuras in the past. My only real complaint is the idle on the 3.6. The only car I have owned with a worse idle is on my corvette.

----------

And it does take a while to get used to the "ticking" from the direct injection. I think the car sounds horrible when starting it after sitting overnight in the garage. The sound reverberates off the walls and the car sounds "junky" until the radio kicks on and covers it up.
    WOW...have nothing like that on the cold (32 degrees or cooler) start of my 2.0 Turbo....nearly as quiet as a warm start on a warm day. Sounds like you got something else going on there...I'd have it checked out by your dealer.

skpd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS

Two minor problems. The lining in the front drivers side wheel well sometimes gets stuck in the shock and makes a squeaking noise. Not a huge issue because you can pop it back out but annoying non the less. Plan on getting it looked at when I go back to get my license plates.

The seat also squeaks a bit when going over bumps. Figure it is just breaking in and it isn't noticeable unless the radio is off.

Other than that it is a very tight package. It feels expensive and well made.

Illini333 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    WOW...have nothing like that on the cold (32 degrees or cooler) start of my 2.0 Turbo....nearly as quiet as a warm start on a warm day. Sounds like you got something else going on there...I'd have it checked out by your dealer.
    I don't think there is anything going on there other than my high expectations. For the most part I have been driving an Acura for the past 13 years with a 3.2L and am used to their VTEC engines. They are very quiet at idle and when starting. All hell breaks loose when the VTEC kicks in. LOL

LouisG is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 L premium AWD

No squeeks or rattles at all, even today with a temperature of minus 12C in Montreal...
    My only complaint is that the doors are a bit to "tight". I often have to close the door twice because it does not close completely on the first try. Minor adjustment?
    JChen and JChen like this.

cdp
    cdp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 Premium. Opulent Blue

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaGuy00 View Post
    It's the tightest car I've even owned. I've had mine since Oct. and I'm extremely anal about these things. I have never heard one squeek or rattle, even over big bumps, and all of the outside and inside pieces fit perfectly. They did a great job. As far as fit and finish, I only have two complaints, which are extremely minor. One is that there is something loose inside the drivers seat. When cornering, something inside the seat (the bottom) shifts and you can feel it slide about 1/4 inch. I may have that looked at. My other complaint is that the rear liscense plate isn't securred by 4 screws, only two. The bottom portion has a fealt pad. I put a chrome frame around mine and now when you close the lid it rattles, but only then. I would have loved 4 screws. Otherwise, mine is noise free and built tight.
    You should definitely bring up the seat sliding to the dealer. My previous 3 series had a similar issue on aggressive turns and they fixed it for me.

In general, very glad to hear how well the ATS is screwed together. The ATS I have on order will be my first American car in over 20 years, and that car, a Chevy Beretta GT, wasn't put together so well.

Bertha D Blues is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T AWD, '13 SRX AWD Performance

Ditto. There are several body lines that could have been problematic in terms of gap size, alignment, etc. mine is beautiful.

MyfirstCad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Thundergray 13 ATS Performance V6

Around the upper right hand side of the CUE screen where the trim meets the dash leather it's a little miss aligned compared to the opposite side. During washing I noticed a few paint imperfections in the driver side read door jam. Other than those minor niggles, it's solid. Now that I think about it, I notice a noise under my seat when cornering hard, like something is shifting around.
    zr1mom and zr1mom like this.

huna is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 AWD Premium Thunder Gray, Caramel, with peanuts

Quote Originally Posted by cdp View Post
    You should definitely bring up the seat sliding to the dealer. My previous 3 series had a similar issue on aggressive turns and they fixed it for me.

In general, very glad to hear how well the ATS is screwed together. The ATS I have on order will be my first American car in over 20 years, and that car, a Chevy Beretta GT, wasn't put together so well.
    I can remember when every other girl I knew drove a red Beretta! Or so it seemed. ;-) Boy they were all over for a couple years.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.