How Is Your ATS In Terms of Fit and Finish? - Page 3
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, How Is Your ATS In Terms of Fit and Finish? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I have a rattle coming from my dash, it is very annoying!...
    03firebolt9r is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Re: How Is Your ATS In Terms of Fit and Finish?

I have a rattle coming from my dash, it is very annoying!

EnvoyBu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6L Premium Collection

Quote Originally Posted by 03firebolt9r View Post
    Already? Is it a light rattle or is it loud?

03firebolt9r is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by EnvoyBu View Post
    Already? Is it a light rattle or is it loud?
    It is fairly loud and usually is most noticeable when its cold outside.
    Rossracer and Rossracer like this.

DavidL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 92 Allanté, 2013 ATS4

I've only had my ATS for 4 days, and have only driven it home from the dealer, we had a major blizzard just after I made it home, so can't comment on 'squeaks and rattles', but having gone over the car daily, looking for any flaws, I have found none. EXCELLENT build quality inside and out, and paint quality is outstanding.

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidL
    I've only had my ATS for 4 days, and have only driven it home from the dealer, we had a major blizzard just after I made it home, so can't comment on 'squeaks and rattles', but having gone over the car daily, looking for any flaws, I have found none. EXCELLENT build quality inside and out, and paint quality is outstanding.
    Having spent a considerable amount of time lurking at the dealer LOL i have to agree that the paint quality truly is awesome. On one of the test drives that I have taken though there was a creak in the drivers door upper her door panel.

slepr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T AWD Premium

Excellent fit and finish. No noises. Best vehicle quality I have ever owned.

JSATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 premium

It is fairly loud and usually is most noticeable when its cold outside.
    The first day I drove the car I was getting an annoying noise coming from the passenger seat. Turns out it was just my wife talking.

investor74 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '97 Forest Green Catera

Quote Originally Posted by JSATS View Post
    The first day I drove the car I was getting an annoying noise coming from the passenger seat. Turns out it was just my wife talking.
    LOL. I don't know how many times I have tried to track down a squeak or rattle in the car and it turns out to be my wife's handbag squeaking against the center console or her umbrella rattling, etc.

pever is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium with Driver Assist & Adv Security
    If I have figured out the link to post photos ....

Just picked up my ATS. The small air grille on the dash, passenger side, that blows air on the side window fits poorly. So far, that is all I have noticed.

hood101010 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6 Performance

Mesh grille over the center dash speaker is not flush on one side. Also got what looks like a glue drip on the bottom half of the steering wheel but very visible. Afraid to put anything on it or scrape it off and damage the leather. Wind netting on the sunroof came dislodged the day I picked it up and was preventing the sunroof from closing. The rubber weather stripping bubbles up on the sunroof after I close it and i have to push it back into place with my finger everytime. I have very small black spots under one of the headlight lense covers, can't tell if it is on the chrome or the under side of the plastic lens. Not sure if it is paint but looks like mold. Only apparent in direct sunlight, but its there. My first american car in 11 years. This is why I was avoiding going back to an american product. Oh well, my choice and I will live with it. Dont' get me wrong I still love the car so far....but don't get me started on CUE.

JSATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 premium

The fit and finish on my ATS is outstanding and my last two cars have been Audis. Even the interior is better on this car than the Audis. I can't for the life of me understand all the negative comments about CUE. Both my wife and I have been using it with very few issues. The only time we have a problem is when we don't do something right. CUE works as it should and those having problems need to imrove their skills when it comes to touch screens.
    TheCaptain and TheCaptain like this.

hood101010 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6 Performance

The fit and finish on my ATS is outstanding and my last two cars have been Audis. Even the interior is better on this car than the Audis. I can't for the life of me understand all the negative comments about CUE. Both my wife and I have been using it with very few issues. The only time we have a problem is when we don't do something right. CUE works as it should and those having problems need to imrove their skills when it comes to touch screens.
    I recommend you read the CUE specific forum if you feel some of us do not know how to use a touch screen. Cadillac is replacing entire units because of defective CUE systems in the XTS and many users are reporting non-screen problems with CUE. Its not the touching of the screen that is the problem its the functions of the selection not working. HVAC not responding to the controls, door locks not responding as they should, bluetooth losing programming regularly, reverse mirrors not returning to original location, convenience features either not working or stop working after a few drives. The system is buggy as all hell. Im sure you own a smart phone with either Android or IOS. Google and Apple have THE BEST software developers in the world, period, and they cannot get all the bugs out and perfect the nuances of all the supposed complementary programs running on their devices. You think GM is going to put out a 1st gen software package that isn't buggy when APPLE and GOOGLE really can't? I expected a buggy system when I bought the car, but I also expect quick and regular updates to resolve issues. This has not happened yet. GM promised updates through desktop downloads to flash drives and future OTA updates. At this point they are just replacing hardware.

Cisitalia is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 3.6 RWD WDT/LPB

I totally agree with you on the fit and finish and I am comming from BMWs and Porsche. I don't have any problems or issues with CUE. My unit works as advertised.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

03Firebolt9r, I'm sorry to hear this! Have you brought it to your dealership's attention yet? I recommend having your dealer's specialized technicians look into the matter further for you, and don't hesitate to email me if you would like any further assistance along the way. My email is Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com, and I would be happy to contact your dealer on your behalf, check for recalls, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidL View Post
    DavidL, I'm pleased to see you're enjoying your ATS daily even though it's indoors! Thanks for keeping the forum updated!

Quote Originally Posted by hood101010 View Post
    Mesh grille over the center dash speaker is not flush on one side. Also got what looks like a glue drip on the bottom half of the steering wheel but very visible. Afraid to put anything on it or scrape it off and damage the leather. Wind netting on the sunroof came dislodged the day I picked it up and was preventing the sunroof from closing. The rubber weather stripping bubbles up on the sunroof after I close it and i have to push it back into place with my finger everytime. I have very small black spots under one of the headlight lense covers, can't tell if it is on the chrome or the under side of the plastic lens. Not sure if it is paint but looks like mold. Only apparent in direct sunlight, but its there. My first american car in 11 years. This is why I was avoiding going back to an american product. Oh well, my choice and I will live with it. Dont' get me wrong I still love the car so far....but don't get me started on CUE.
    Hood, I'm here to help if you would like me to check my resources for any helpful information for you or if you decide to involve the dealership for repairs. I can set up a dealer appointment to have their technicians view your paint concerns; email me anytime and I will explore your next steps with you!

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

rage2021 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS AWD 2.0T

Do you guys think its better to just wait for the 2014 model, and when will that go into production? I'm thinking a lot of the 'fit and finish' issues will be addressed in the second year model and who knows what else they might improve on?
    Rossracer and Rossracer like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.