How Is Your ATS In Terms of Fit and Finish? - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, How Is Your ATS In Terms of Fit and Finish? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by LouisG No squeeks or rattles at all, even today with a temperature of minus 12C in Montreal... ...
    JChen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS AWD Performance, 2010 SRX AWD Luxury

Re: How Is Your ATS In Terms of Fit and Finish?

Quote Originally Posted by LouisG View Post
    No squeeks or rattles at all, even today with a temperature of minus 12C in Montreal...
    My only complaint is that the doors at a bit to "tight". I often have to close the door twice because it does not close completely on the first try. Minor adjustment?
    I just took delivery of mine this past Tuesday and have also noticed that the driver side door is a little difficult to shut. Definitely have to use more force compared to the other three doors.

RXUYDC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6L Premium

Fit and finish on mine is very good, with the exception that the LED and remote lock system on near side rear door do not work. I need to take it back to the dealer. I also had warnings about the headlights malfunctioning (they weren't), but that seems to have resolved itself.

I have the driver seat issue too, not a squeek, but more a feeling like something is moving or not fitting properly when cornering.

The "select" button on the steering wheel is very tight - requires a lot of strength to push. I didn't even realize it functioned as such for a couple of weeks.

And the door seal on the door side of the rear doors just seems to finish oddly - probably as intended, but it looks unfinished.

Too early to say about rattles - it takes a month or two for these things to work their way out. Our XC60 had great fit and finish when we got it new, but there are a couple of very annoying rattles now six months on.

But all of this it nitpicking (except the LED issue), and I love the car. I should have bought more miles on the lease because I can't stop driving it.

zr1mom is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS Prem 2.0T AWD Black Raven Red

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaGuy00 View Post
    It's the tightest car I've even owned. I've had mine since Oct. and I'm extremely anal about these things. I have never heard one squeek or rattle, even over big bumps, and all of the outside and inside pieces fit perfectly. They did a great job. As far as fit and finish, I only have two complaints, which are extremely minor. One is that there is something loose inside the drivers seat. When cornering, something inside the seat (the bottom) shifts and you can feel it slide about 1/4 inch. I may have that looked at. My other complaint is that the rear liscense plate isn't securred by 4 screws, only two. The bottom portion has a fealt pad. I put a chrome frame around mine and now when you close the lid it rattles, but only then. I would have loved 4 screws. Otherwise, mine is noise free and built tight.
    I agree on the rear plate being loose. I might try some double sided tape.

----------

I also had one issue with a warning about a malfunction of one headlight but has seem to have gone away.

mrrairai76 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium WDT, 2011 Denali WDT
    Quote Originally Posted by JChen

I just took delivery of mine this past Tuesday and have also noticed that the driver side door is a little difficult to shut. Definitely have to use more force compared to the other three doors.
    That's the first thing I noticed. You have to add a little force when closing the door.

danscrim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L

Quote Originally Posted by zr1mom View Post
    I also had one issue with a warning about a malfunction of one headlight but has seem to have gone away.
    I had the same warning once. It came on as soon as I started the car. "Right Low Beam Failure" on the DIC. I dismissed it, checked my headlights which appeared fine and drove home. Haven't seen it since.

Quote Originally Posted by danscrim View Post
    I had the same warning once. It came on as soon as I started the car. "Right Low Beam Failure" on the DIC. I dismissed it, checked my headlights which appeared fine and drove home. Haven't seen it since.
    Yep the same issue I had same light.

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by JChen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mrrairai76 View Post
    That's the first thing I noticed. You have to add a little force when closing the door.
    Same problem with mine....dealer re -adjusted and lubed door.....But I still find it not shutting completely at times....no problem on other doors.....weird others have same problem.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaGuy00 View Post
    It's the tightest car I've even owned. I've had mine since Oct. and I'm extremely anal about these things. I have never heard one squeek or rattle, even over big bumps, and all of the outside and inside pieces fit perfectly. They did a great job. As far as fit and finish, I only have two complaints, which are extremely minor. One is that there is something loose inside the drivers seat. When cornering, something inside the seat (the bottom) shifts and you can feel it slide about 1/4 inch. I may have that looked at. My other complaint is that the rear liscense plate isn't securred by 4 screws, only two. The bottom portion has a fealt pad. I put a chrome frame around mine and now when you close the lid it rattles, but only then. I would have loved 4 screws. Otherwise, mine is noise free and built tight.
    Every car I bought is only two screws. One of the first things I do is buy some grommets (get them at walmart, autozone, etc), drill two holes, and just pop them in. I too hate listening to the license plate clatter every time I close the trunk. This solves it nicely.

nc-atsman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

Best fit of ant car in 33 years of driving. The General has upped its game and it shows - tight and quiet - impressive.

Cisitalia is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 3.6 RWD WDT/LPB

Quote Originally Posted by danscrim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zr1mom View Post
    Yep the same issue I had same light.
    Same issue here, but the warning went a way. No similar issues yet.

Overall I am pleased with mine, no problems so far. The fit/finish is as good or better than my BMWs.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH

Every car I bought is only two screws. One of the first things I do is buy some grommets (get them at walmart, autozone, etc), drill two holes, and just pop them in. I too hate listening to the license plate clatter every time I close the trunk. This solves it nicely.
    You mean drill into the car? I usually will get these plastic screws and bolt frame and the plate together (not to the car). That usually cuts down on the plate and frame rattling against each other.

JSATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 premium

I put a strip of rubber foam seal under the rear plate and now it doesnt rattle anymore. It is peal and stick rubber foam and it works great. I wouldn't drill any holes in my new car.

cadmanchris is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS,2007 STS V8
    Just a heads up for the low beam warning message. There is a software update to correct this in the BCM. (Body Control Module)

MikeFKMC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

The best DRIVERS car I have ever drove. The response is bar none, the interior is elegant but sporty, the stance is solid, and the sound of the turbo is pure heaven.
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cadmanchris View Post
    Just a heads up for the low beam warning message. There is a software update to correct this in the BCM. (Body Control Module)
    Cool thanks!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.