Power steering issue - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Power steering issue in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Thanks Katie! I feel better knowing that you're reading this and providing feedback. While I have a good relationship with ...
    AtlantaGuy00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS, 2013 ATS

Re: Power steering issue

Thanks Katie! I feel better knowing that you're reading this and providing feedback. While I have a good relationship with my dealer, this is a new model and new model issues that even they aren't aware of yet and it's nice to have help!

VSS
    VSS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T 6-Sp M

I took it to the dealer (Martin in L.A.). They kept it over night but couldn't find the problem. Today, the radio stopped working.

thefeff is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Took delivery 11 days/400 miles ago when the power steering failed on my ATS 2.0 Turbo. Dealer could not find the problem and the error code was not recorded on the car's internal computer. Distinct safety hazard

CSRinCA is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

My 3.6 Premium with about 800 miles on it gave the same power steering failure message after just starting it and putting it in reverse in a parking lot. I turned the car off and restarted it a few minutes later and it was fine. I drove it home and took it to the dealer today. The computer showed the error, but the dealer really had no good explanation for it. They said something to the effect that the computer didn't recognize the power steering when I turned the car on and the computer needed to be updated. Not very reassuring.

hanger505 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Performance

Had the same issue turning into a parking lot. lost all power steering then the warning message. The dealer found a trouble code with the torque sensor, but could not not repeat the issue so they just gave the car back without any fix. Think it is ridiculous that they didn't replace the sensor or the assembly. I don't know if GM is just dragging its feet on this one so I figured I would submit a report to NHTSA, maybe that could force the hand to get a fix

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    That's a serious problem.

bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual

I've gotten this same error once, in normal touring mode. My power steering was functioning perfectly fine when being used, and I just kept on driving and haven't seen the error since.
    I'm sure it will come back at some point, but as of now it's only shown itself one time.

SAMUEL12 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I had same issue except my power steering went out and i lost control went over a curb ripped sidewall tire and damage rim,.this is one of many issues cadillac said they corrected and did software update.thats funny cause they had done previous software updates ,i never heard of a new car with so many need computer updates.it sucks and i will never buy another general motors.i spent hrs on tele with gm lets see what they do .

Ragtop 99 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

I got this same error a few days ago. I'm pretty sure I was in winter mode since road conditions were full of sleet and snow. My power steering was functioning fine when the message popped up and I just kept driving and haven't gotten the error since, but I haven't used winter mode since then either. Waiting to see if the error will come back as taking a working to the dealer is generally a waste of time.

JSATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 premium

My wife got this same power steering code this morning. It said to drive carefully and have it serviced. She said everything was working fine so she dismissed it. The car was very cold and she was driving through blowing snow at the time. I don't know if that had anything to do with it or not. I think all these new vehicles have too many sensors and such and in a few years when they become rusted and corroded every sensor in the car will be malfunctioning.

pever is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium with Driver Assist & Adv Security

Do not dismiss this... It will all too likely be back. I think I had my ATS a month or so before seeing this. You will find lots of posts on this and as I recall most people had it happen as they pulled away from being parked...

http://sandyblogs.com/techlink/?p=1558

transam00 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 T

Mine is not as bad as some . 2 x from cold start I make a right turn and the steering wheel is too slow returning to center . Keeps turning to the right , no lights yet .

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by SAMUEL12 View Post
    I had same issue except my power steering went out and i lost control went over a curb ripped sidewall tire and damage rim,.this is one of many issues cadillac said they corrected and did software update.thats funny cause they had done previous software updates ,i never heard of a new car with so many need computer updates.it sucks and i will never buy another general motors.i spent hrs on tele with gm lets see what they do .
    Hello SAMUEL12,

I apologize that you have had these issues with your ATS. I do see that you have contacted our Customer Care team regarding this concern already. Please feel free to private message me or email me if you have any trouble getting in contact with your agent, or would like me to look into your file at all. You can reach out to me at socialmedia@gm.com with “ATTN GREG” in the subject line.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ragtop 99 View Post
    I got this same error a few days ago. I'm pretty sure I was in winter mode since road conditions were full of sleet and snow. My power steering was functioning fine when the message popped up and I just kept driving and haven't gotten the error since, but I haven't used winter mode since then either. Waiting to see if the error will come back as taking a working to the dealer is generally a waste of time.
    Hello Ragtop 99,

Please keep us updated if you experience the concern again and please feel free to reach out to Laura or myself if you would like any assistance setting up an appointment with the dealership or working with them.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by JSATS View Post
    My wife got this same power steering code this morning. It said to drive carefully and have it serviced. She said everything was working fine so she dismissed it. The car was very cold and she was driving through blowing snow at the time. I don't know if that had anything to do with it or not. I think all these new vehicles have too many sensors and such and in a few years when they become rusted and corroded every sensor in the car will be malfunctioning.
    Hello JSATS,

I am glad to hear that even though your wife experienced this message that everything was working fine. If you do plan on taking the vehicle into the dealership to have this looked into further, please don’t hesitate to private message Laura or myself on the forum so we can assist in working with the dealership.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

scooter1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ats

Add my wifes 2013 ATS performance to the power steering service message appearing on the dash. The problems and design flaws with this car just keep piling up.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by scooter1 View Post
    Add my wifes 2013 ATS performance to the power steering service message appearing on the dash. The problems and design flaws with this car just keep piling up.
    Hi scooter1,

I am sorry for any unsatisfactory ownership experience your wife has had with her ATS. Have you been able to work with a dealership yet regarding your current vehicle concerns? I would like the opportunity to further discuss your situation. Please send me a private message with your full contact information, VIN and dealership name and location. We are more than happy to assist anyway that we can.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.