Cold feet anyone? - Page 3
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Cold feet anyone? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Ugh that's what I was afraid of. I haven't gone back to the dealer yet because I was concerned with ...
    AtlantaGuy00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS, 2013 ATS

Re: Cold feet anyone?

Ugh that's what I was afraid of. I haven't gone back to the dealer yet because I was concerned with being the guinea pig for the fix.

I'll also wait until the engineers have figured out the fix. I wouldn't be surprised if it's not next winter for me before I have it fixed since I live in GA and the AC will be back on at the end of March. Thankfully, it doesn't (yet) make that noise when the A/C is running.

----------

I made a youtube video of the noise so show to the dealer since they can't recreate the issue. Let me know if this is the same sound ya'll are hearing. (sorry the car is dirty! I hadn't planned on posting this but it was suggested in another thread) http://youtu.be/XnyivwVR8-I

pever is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium with Driver Assist & Adv Security

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaGuy00 View Post
    I made a youtube video of the noise so show to the dealer since they can't recreate the issue.[/url]
    I got a YouTube message that the video was private.

try it again I set it to public

LovemyATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Ugh that's what I was afraid of. I haven't gone back to the dealer yet because I was concerned with being the guinea pig for the fix.

I'll also wait until the engineers have figured out the fix. I wouldn't be surprised if it's not next winter for me before I have it fixed since I live in GA and the AC will be back on at the end of March. Thankfully, it doesn't (yet) make that noise when the A/C is running.

----------

I made a youtube video of the noise so show to the dealer since they can't recreate the issue. Let me know if this is the same sound ya'll are hearing. (sorry the car is dirty! I hadn't planned on posting this but it was suggested in another thread) http://youtu.be/XnyivwVR8-I
    You're running the AC when it's 59 degrees outside? I wonder if turning off the AC would help the situation at all.

It was just set to Auto except for the fan speed. Cadillacs will often turn on the A/C automatically on humid days, even in cool weather. Here's another video that may illustrate it a bit better. I took this on the way home from work today. It's again says A/C mode but really all I did was put it in Auto and set the temp. I tried turning down the fan again...http://youtu.be/XY-Mptpww8Y

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Did anyone look at that Moscow plane crash video? Wow!

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho
    Did anyone look at that Moscow plane crash video? Wow!
    Lol, crazy shit.

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

After you view the Moscow plane crash, watch the Russian Driving Cameras....unbelievable video! Did not know, that for insurance purposes, almost all Russian cars have dash cams.....

Thanks for sticking to the topic. I really hoped that ya'll would have insight that would help me. Since this thread has lost is way, I'll post my comments on the redundent thread on the technical discussion board. Anyone experiencing the same issue can follow along there. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ac-system.html

danscrim is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L

In an effort to get back on topic:

I dropped my ATS off at the dealer last night. They said there are some updates that could address some of my issues. My primary concerns were that after driving a long distance on the highway in cold weather the windshield started to ice up (with the heat on auto) I would have to manually intervene to stop it from freezing over. Got pretty dangerous for a bit. This only happens it seems when driving long distances and it becomes relatively warm in the cabin... so it's almost as if it stops blowing warm air on the windshield which causes this.

Also have the issue of the fan not turning on (even tho the car is warmed up) when remote starting the car.

I told them if there's an update for CUE, I want it... regardless of if I have complained about an issue. I'm not emailing/calling them every time I trip over a small bug. So I expect them to let me know whenever some updates come out.

Quote Originally Posted by danscrim View Post
    In an effort to get back on topic:

I dropped my ATS off at the dealer last night. They said there are some updates that could address some of my issues. My primary concerns were that after driving a long distance on the highway in cold weather the windshield started to ice up (with the heat on auto) I would have to manually intervene to stop it from freezing over. Got pretty dangerous for a bit. This only happens it seems when driving long distances and it becomes relatively warm in the cabin... so it's almost as if it stops blowing warm air on the windshield which causes this.

Also have the issue of the fan not turning on (even tho the car is warmed up) when remote starting the car.

I told them if there's an update for CUE, I want it... regardless of if I have complained about an issue. I'm not emailing/calling them every time I trip over a small bug. So I expect them to let me know whenever some updates come out.
    You do know that the "auto" mode is only to stabilize the temperature in the cabin....that's why they have the defrost button and/or the mode where air is delivered to windshield, feet, and vents on the climate control.....just having the heat on auto doesn't mean it automatically detects when the windshield needs warm air; you have to control that yourself...

----------

Thanks for sticking to the topic. I really hoped that ya'll would have insight that would help me. Since this thread has lost is way, I'll post my comments on the redundent thread on the technical discussion board. Anyone experiencing the same issue can follow along there. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ac-system.html
    Your post about noise from your heater has anything to do with cold air on one's feet?

It's much closer to the topic than Russian plane crashes. I'm just looking for information that will help me with a problem that I consider serious in $50,000 car. And notice that I did mention that I would be posting in the correct thread moving foreward, so a little less attitude would go a long way.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    It's much closer to the topic than Russian plane crashes. I'm just looking for information that will help me with a problem that I consider serious in $50,000 car. And notice that I did mention that I would be posting in the correct thread moving foreward, so a little less attitude would go a long way.
    You said it...

No attitude....you were the one being sarcastic; and you're right...the thread and/or your problem should be posted in technical area with specific problems versus general discussion. All i did was point out your specific posting strayed from the original thread as well. Good luck with solving your heater issue.

ATS20T is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Performance

Gee, I'm just glad I didn't write about the Ultimate Girls Fail Complilation 2012 I saw after watching the Russian plane crash video. That would have really got people annoyed.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.