Cadillac Owners Forum banner

How Long Have People Been Waiting?

23K views 170 replies 47 participants last post by  dva@vadicom.be 
#1 ·
I ordered my ATS 2.0 Premium AWD 9 weeks ago. Now my dealer tells me that production is being held up on AWD units. Two weeks ago it was the premium wheels holding up production. Whats next? How many of you guys are still waiting and how long has it been? What are your dealers telling you? I don't understand why it should take so long for these cars to be produced. I'm not happy! I guess that makes me grumpy or maybe sleepy or sneezy. I know I'm not bashful thats for sure!

#7 ·
I've always admired those with the patience to wait. I can't do it. Luckily the cars I'd want I can typically find on the dealer lots, or pretty close. I've never had to sacrifice color choice, just maybe get an option I didn't really want, but nothing major.

#18 ·
I'm not thrilled with the order process either. My salesman was fairly new but he had never ordered a car before. Think it less common for Cadillacs to be ordered than BMW or Audi (I've ordered from both and yes they seemed pretty timely given they have to send over by boat). I had to push really hard to get an order number, which turns out doesn't really do me any good because the GM Connects site doesn't seem to be updating. I also tried to add an option to my car after it was ordered and was told they could not change anything after order, which I don't think is true. I think Cadillac has a way to go before their service is on par with the Germans. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised when I bring it in for service.

Incidentally, not sure the Japanese are any better. We also recently ordered an Infiniti JX, which comes from their plant in Tennessee, and it's going to take about three months (we were originally told no more than 60 days) to get to us in Texas

#20 ·
Any estimate given by a dealer is not a commitment. My dealer wouldn't even give me an estimate, period. I imagine because it just feeds impatience and disappointment. I got it in about 9 weeks, if I recall correctly. I've waited five months for an ordered car, based on release date and production schedule. That was an Audi. I agree Cadillac could improve communication to the end customer, but this is a brand new model, so personally I had no expectations on delivery.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.