How Long Have People Been Waiting? - Page 10
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, How Long Have People Been Waiting? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by marktanner The dealer told me that the orders go in on Fridays. I placed my order on ...
    ATSnot328i is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Luxury 2.0T, Black Raven, Red Morello

Re: How Long Have People Been Waiting?

Quote Originally Posted by marktanner View Post
    The dealer told me that the orders go in on Fridays. I placed my order on a Thursday, so it was actually ordered on Friday, the 18th. If that's the case for ATSnot328i, then your order may not actually have been placed until the 25th, which would account for some of the delay. Your car still might arrive before the end of the month.
    My dealer's orders are submitted on Tuesdays. Each dealer is probably assigned a different day of the week to spread orders evenly throughout the week. I ordered on Saturday, and on the following Tuesday, 1/22/2013 it was accepted by Cadillac as a "sold" order. My dealer was clear to point out that orders would not be accepted by Cadillac until the dealer was provided an "allocation" that allowed it. Allocations are provided week-to-week, from what I can tell. Gettin' excited!

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo Supremo View Post
    Apparently that plant is on down time all this up coming week! BOOO!
    Are you talking about the Lansing Grand River Assembly plant, specifically? That is where the ATS is manufactured. Do you know someone or did you read it somewhere?
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

yup thats the one^ lansing plant ,and I work at GM assembly Oshawa and I was talking to my boss about how I ordered a car and blah blah blah and he called the guy whos ahead of assembly down there to estimate the time for my cars build and the boss down there said.

"well, this week is a write off as we're down from 18-23rd.. so no production then.. but we'll be back up after that.."

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by ATSnot328i View Post
    My dealer's orders are submitted on Tuesdays. Each dealer is probably assigned a different day of the week to spread orders evenly throughout the week. I ordered on Saturday, and on the following Tuesday, 1/22/2013 it was accepted by Cadillac as a "sold" order. My dealer was clear to point out that orders would not be accepted by Cadillac until the dealer was provided an "allocation" that allowed it. Allocations are provided week-to-week, from what I can tell. Gettin' excited!
    Allocation is so key! Kudos for pointing that out...

yup thats the one^ lansing plant ,and I work at GM assembly Oshawa and I was talking to my boss about how I ordered a car and blah blah blah and he called the guy whos ahead of assembly down there to estimate the time for my cars build and the boss down there said.

"well, this week is a write off as we're down from 18-23rd.. so no production then.. but we'll be back up after that.."
    Thanks for the info Stevo!

marktanner is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel

Mine arrived today, exactly one month after the dealer placed the order. Now just have to work it into my schedule, which will be really hard this week. Don't want to pick it up at night, or in the rain, either, so it may not be until Saturday. We'll see. Very excited.

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by marktanner
    Mine arrived today, exactly one month after the dealer placed the order. Now just have to work it into my schedule, which will be really hard this week. Don't want to pick it up at night, or in the rain, either, so it may not be until Saturday. We'll see. Very excited.
    Awesome. Might have mine this week too. I didn't order, just trying work out a deal for a lot car.

AJ21 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T

I just found out that I have a build week of the 18th of March set. I ordered my ATS on the 4th of February. Customer Service said I would get it a few weeks after that. I went to the Cadillac site (Canadian page) and went to chat option and got the info about my order there. The Cadillac Customer Service reps on here, seem to only be able to help US customers with order tracking. Katie and Sarah might not have access to Canadian orders, not sure.....and not blaming them for anything, they are responsive but just cant give me info. Also told depending on QA and other areas, this could be further delayed.......just an FYI to those in the same boat.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by AJ21 View Post
    I just found out that I have a build week of the 18th of March set. I ordered my ATS on the 4th of February. Customer Service said I would get it a few weeks after that. I went to the Cadillac site (Canadian page) and went to chat option and got the info about my order there. The Cadillac Customer Service reps on here, seem to only be able to help US customers with order tracking. Katie and Sarah might not have access to Canadian orders, not sure.....and not blaming them for anything, they are responsive but just cant give me info. Also told depending on QA and other areas, this could be further delayed.......just an FYI to those in the same boat.
    AJ21, we (Sarah and I) unfortunately only have access to order tracking for customers within the United States as well. I apologize if that inconveniences you. Procedure dictates that we recommend customers outside the United States get in touch with the nearest Customer Service teams in their country of residence, although I'm sorry to hear about your recent concerns while exploring that avenue!

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Rin
    Rin is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I ordered mine on December 20. Got an email from the dealer telling me it was in 4300 status on Feb 7, still not here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rin View Post
    I ordered mine on December 20. Got an email from the dealer telling me it was in 4300 status on Feb 7, still not here.
    Status 4200 is shipped by plant to dealer, I think. That's 15 days. You may want to hound your local dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rin View Post
    Rin, if you reside within the United States, we would be happy to look into your order status for you. Please email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com with your order number, and I can investigate!

Best,

Katie

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

Its at the dealer!! whoohoo!

ordered sat feb2... came in march 6

thats 4.5 weeks

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

thats 4.5 weeks
    Glad your wait is over!

thats 4.5 weeks
    Stevo, that's wonderful news! Congratulations! I hope you'll post pics of your new ride whenever you get the chance in the near future.

Many happy miles,

Katie

AJ21 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T

thats 4.5 weeks
    Congrats Stevo, How did you get it that fast!? I ordered mine from Nurse in Whitby on Jan 24th ( I have noticed that you are in the Oshawa area from other posts) and I have a build week of March 18th.......by the time its delivered to my dealer another few weeks......

Enjoy the new wheels.
    Adrian

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.